or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2826  

post #42376 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmonkey View Post
 

Why do some AE's on the bay that have this hole drilled (?) in the leather soles. More importantly does this denote seconds quality?

 

From 2 different listings I came across:

 

Drilled hole = Display mode

Burnt in shoe image = seconds

W or writing which says No Warranty on sole and in liner = something wrong more than the tolerance for seconds

post #42377 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post
 

They are great with a nay suit or a various light or medium grey suits. I have a summer tan suit that they look amazing with.

Actually wearing my shell strands with a charcoal suit 2day:

 

G2jcPHb.jpg

post #42378 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilWagon View Post
 

That's the best detailed in the wild shot of the Golden Brown CXL I've seen so far, definitely going to jump on a pair of those rush streets now.

Wait until the sale. Save yourself a few $$

 

Order today through a live person and see if you can get them to honor the sale price.  If the shoes need to be made up, they should do it.

post #42379 of 70737

 

 

 

 

Beautiful shoes!

post #42380 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodaman View Post


Looking good! As much as this is a shoe forum, I would love to see more of us posting pictures of us in full attire. Having a nice pair of shoes is no use if we don't pair it well with nice clothes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
post #42381 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

Actually wearing my shell strands with a charcoal suit 2day:

 

G2jcPHb.jpg

They are great looking with a beautiful shine.  Are those brown shell strands?

post #42382 of 70737
Are there any discounts on shells as well with the upcoming annivesary sale?
post #42383 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

Are there any discounts on shells as well with the upcoming annivesary sale?
I don't think so. Only those models listed yesterday. Maybe a page or two back.
post #42384 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post
 

They are great looking with a beautiful shine.  Are those brown shell strands?

Thanks!

 

Yes, they're brown shell strands. Quick iphone pix as I walked to the office this morning. Not happy with how dark that pix came out. I've worn them a handful of times and brushed/buffed them once so far. Here's a better pix of them in the office:

 

3nidI8o.jpg

post #42385 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICaniac View Post

As promised, here are the pics.  They neglected to do the tongue in suede, but I am very happy with the results nevertheless.

 

 

 



I really like these, my man.

Makes me wonder what the all calf leather version I had going would have looked like.
post #42386 of 70737
Does anyone know if any belts will be discounted for the upcoming sale?
post #42387 of 70737

Has anyone received a discount on shoe bags during the Anniversary sale or for any sale at all?

 

I need 9 pairs of shoe bags and 4 pairs of boot bags as I will be leaving the country for a couple of months and want to keep my shoes right.

Anyone have recommendations on where to purchase them with a bulk discount, if not from AE? Thank you.

post #42388 of 70737

I finally took the cordovan plunge during the recent shell sale.  After seeing all the great pics on this thread I went for a pair of burgundy Leeds.  Wow, they are well worth the money (especially at the sale price) and are going to be very versatile.  So, in short, thanks for being enablers ;).  Now...what to buy next?

post #42389 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post

Has anyone received a discount on shoe bags during the Anniversary sale or for any sale at all?

I need 9 pairs of shoe bags and 4 pairs of boot bags as I will be leaving the country for a couple of months and want to keep my shoes right.
Anyone have recommendations on where to purchase them with a bulk discount, if not from AE? Thank you.
I highly doubt it. Maybe during the RDA sale.

I, personally, don't find shoe bags all that useful. The bags never make it out of the box.
post #42390 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snobol323 View Post
 

I finally took the cordovan plunge during the recent shell sale.  After seeing all the great pics on this thread I went for a pair of burgundy Leeds.  Wow, they are well worth the money (especially at the sale price) and are going to be very versatile.  So, in short, thanks for being enablers ;).  Now...what to buy next?

 

Nice shoes....wearing my Sheltons, I love the 511 last

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...