or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2814  

post #42196 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
Did we ever straighten out what last the Macneil 5 is on?

 

Since the initial confusion, everything I have seen indicates they are indeed on the 5 last.  I will clarify this with my SA at the time I order them, since I go down a half-size on the 7 as compared to the 5.

post #42197 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Since the initial confusion, everything I have seen indicates they are indeed on the 5 last.  I will clarify this with my SA at the time I order them, since I go down a half-size on the 7 as compared to the 5.

The email I got from AE the other day clearly says they are on the 5 last.
post #42198 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

Switched out my stock brown laces for a fatter blue lace for casual Friday; seems like a good time for a 'Rock Your Socks' cross post, too!


Happy Friday, gents!


Two thumbs up!  Those laces look very nice.  Mind if I ask where you bought the laces? size and thickness?

post #42199 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Since the initial confusion, everything I have seen indicates they are indeed on the 5 last.  I will clarify this with my SA at the time I order them, since I go down a half-size on the 7 as compared to the 5.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post


The email I got from AE the other day clearly says they are on the 5 last.

 

 

Sounds great! I like the 5 last on my foot. 

post #42200 of 70737

The maiden voyage of the chili Daltons I bought in the 2-for-$250 sale.  Because of the rainy early spring weather in New York, I haven't had the opportunity to do much more than try them on before now.  This is my first pair of dress boots, and I love how they look with jeans. I'm between inseam sizes, so having higher boots helps disguise when my inseams are (arguably) too high. 

 

post #42201 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL70 View Post

Anyone have mctavish in the brown distressed? I decided to exchange my ridgeway (just too much orange for a bus casual shoe for me). I like the cognac color but don't think that mctavish would be included in the 2 for 250. But the brown is, I just haven't seen many pics so don't know how the color will work. But for 125 I guess it still a good but

 

They are very casual. If you're looking for a casual shoe, they will be great. I would have bought a pair if they had some in my size. IIRC, they run a little large.

post #42202 of 70737

How do you guys like to wear your Leeds? 

 

Basically with anything aside from a full suit? 

post #42203 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post
 

How do you guys like to wear your Leeds? 

 

Basically with anything aside from a full suit? 

 

 

Yep pretty much. Chinos, jeans, cords, basically any colors work too. Really looking forward to my burgundy shell Macneils as they should serve to be just as versatile. 

 

 

 

 

 

post #42204 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn View Post

The maiden voyage of the chili Daltons I bought in the 2-for-$250 sale.  Because of the rainy early spring weather in New York, I haven't had the opportunity to do much more than try them on before now.  This is my first pair of dress boots, and I love how they look with jeans. I'm between inseam sizes, so having higher boots helps disguise when my inseams are (arguably) too high. 

 


Nice. How much you get em for? And where they 2nds or 1sts? There's a pair I'm negotiating with a store for.

I feel ya on the inseams. I tried out some shorter chinos and they def only work with high boots. Lesson learned.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #42205 of 70737
post #42206 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Yep pretty much. Chinos, jeans, cords, basically any colors work too. Really looking forward to my burgundy shell Macneils as they should serve to be just as versatile. 

 

 

 

Would wearing worsted wool pants work with Leeds?  

post #42207 of 70737
Can these be repaired? Any estimate on cost? They're currently going for $40 on EBAY. Merlot colored McAllisters.... In great shape aside from the obvious

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG?rt=nc
$_12.JPG?rt=nc
post #42208 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

Few weeks ago. Navy PA

 

So just picked up a pair of 'grey cloud' park aves for the purpose of dying them. Do you have detailed instructions for how you got yours to be this navy color? I would like to do something similar.

post #42209 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggquis View Post

Can these be repaired? Any estimate on cost? They're currently going for $40 on EBAY. Merlot colored McAllisters.... In great shape aside from the obvious
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG?rt=nc
$_12.JPG?rt=nc

 

 

Pretty sure those are not McAllisters, I think they are called the McClain or something like that. The bar of perforations along the laces go down to the Vamp on the McAllister. On this shoe, it flairs outward before it hits the vamp. Note, it also does not have pinking (jagged edges), small holes with the broguing (just the big ones, not the standard 5 hole (4 small+1 big), and not perforations around the throat (similar to the Jefferson).

 

Pretty certain they are these guys (but obviosuly burgundy or merlot):

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/ProductDisplayView?productId=299319&CM=GPL&catargetid=1453644151&CAGPSPN=pla&catalogId=10050&cadevice=c&source=PLA&storeId=11001&CAWELAID=1012154903&ddkey=http:ReferralView

 

No clue on if those are repairable, but I would avoid them personally... :-/

 

-Mike

post #42210 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post


Nice. How much you get em for? And where they 2nds or 1sts? There's a pair I'm negotiating with a store for.

I feel ya on the inseams. I tried out some shorter chinos and they def only work with high boots. Lesson learned.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are seconds, but the flaws are really minor.  I got them for $125 in the two-for-$250 sale a few weeks ago.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...