I use that lace in the majority of my boots. I use it on my Indy's as well and thing it dresses them up a touch. Viberg also has awesome waxed leather laces
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 10:03 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2805post #42062 of 707374/2/14 at 8:36amDoes anyone have pictures of the Kenwood loafer in brown/brown grain? Shoe bank has one in my size but it seems to be quite rare, as there's not much out there about that color and style combo. I've seen them in burgundy, black, and tan. If you have a picture, I'd be grateful!post #42063 of 707374/2/14 at 8:46ampost #42064 of 707374/2/14 at 8:48amQuote:Originally Posted by eyeheartny
Does anyone have pictures of the Kenwood loafer in brown/brown grain? Shoe bank has one in my size but it seems to be quite rare, as there's not much out there about that color and style combo. I've seen them in burgundy, black, and tan. If you have a picture, I'd be grateful!
Some pics of the brown grain for youpost #42065 of 707374/2/14 at 11:43ampost #42066 of 707374/2/14 at 12:28pmQuote:
Nice sun on those shell boots. Looking good. Nice to know the sun is out in Calgary. Your Flames just landed here in Tampa a few hours ago. You making it down for the game?post #42067 of 707374/2/14 at 12:39pmI just got a pair of Ashbury’s in tan from the second’s sale that AE just had and am amazed at the beauty of the boots.
The fit of the boots are great with the exception of the ankle area. I have narrow ankles and when I walk with these boots I have a slight amount of heel slippage. I worked the boot flexing the sole about twenty times and this helped a bit. I also wore thicker socks and this helped a little too.
However there is still a little heel slippage and was wondering if those of you that have this boot, is this normal and something I’ll get use to? Would tongue pads help? I’ve never used them in boots.post #42068 of 707374/2/14 at 1:04pmpost #42069 of 707374/2/14 at 1:11pmQuote:
I wish I could do some travelling and go see the game in Tampa but all my extra money has been going to shoes hahapost #42070 of 707374/2/14 at 1:17pmpost #42071 of 707374/2/14 at 1:31pmQuote:
I am sure Allison could make it happen and also match the current $315 sale price.post #42072 of 707374/2/14 at 1:58pmpost #42073 of 707374/2/14 at 1:59pmpost #42074 of 707374/2/14 at 3:33pm
PSA guys - I have an AE gift card worth a significant chunk of change I'm looking to unload. I was hoping to MTO some shell shoes, but things come up and I'd rather liquidate the card. I'd be willing to move it for 5-10% off to a loyal AE follower on this thread. Please PM for details.
MODS - please delete if against rules (although I feel like I've seen people advertise their classifieds in this thread before).post #42075 of 707374/2/14 at 4:09pm
Came home from work and saw these waiting for me. I didn't get a notice that they were shipped, quite a nice surprise.
The eagle finally landed, possible the very last of them.
Edit: These are bourbon. Credit goes to DJTraveler for the original design, opted to go with the Danite sole instead of mini lug sole.
Edited by YoungSweet - 4/2/14 at 5:49pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 26 seconds ago
- › Viyella Glen Plaid size M NEW With Tags. 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › Chelsea boots & snow/salt 6 minutes ago
- › Davek Solo Umbrella Black/Yellow 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Chrysalis Chatsworth 13 minutes ago
- › Makr Fold Weekender in Umber 16 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 17 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway