or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2785  

post #41761 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhindian View Post

Looking for some opinions, please! I found a pair of used shell cordovan Macneils for sale in my size. I have never owned shell before, so I'm not entirely sure what to look for.

Also, how does this last compare to the Fifth Aves? If I were an 8.5 in the FA, would I get the 8.5 in these?

_1.jpg 30k .jpg file
_11.jpg 19k .jpg file
_12.jpg 25k .jpg file
_13.jpg 26k .jpg file

Thanks in advance, guys smile.gif

Any chance I could get some more opinions on these? Now with embedded images..

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
post #41762 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilWagon View Post
 

 

I hope you bought them, I was looking at them and had I know they would have only gone for $75 I'd have grabbed them for sure.

 

 

 

I don't believe it, two 15D'ers posting within an hour of each other, I thought I was the only one and had a lock on the sweet 15D sale shoes. Bespoke; you scooped me on those Daltons, they're Chili right? I'd emailed the shoebank about them and called a day later when I didn't get a response but they were already gone. I'm still happy with my Brown CXL Bayfields I scooped last year.

Yup, I got them. I'm hoping they turn out to be great shoes. Any info on boarhide?

 

Also, I hate you guys. I was going to get the Chili Dalton- they were on the website, and when I called they had none left. 

 

On another note, does anyone know what other shoemakers will make a 15D boot? I want an Islay or Alden Cordovan but that will never happen..

post #41763 of 70737

I just received my Bayfield's and love these boots.  Can you tell me if AE any more boots that are similar.  I already have the long branch but the bayfields fit awesome!

post #41764 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

My wife loves the shakers

 

I'm sure she does.  Joking.  Great looking Pine Rivers.  I never thought they would look that good.  How do you like the fit? Not too roomy?

post #41765 of 70737
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhindian View Post


Any chance I could get some more opinions on these? Now with embedded images..

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

I would get an 8 in the macneils. I had to go down half a size from my 5 last shoes.  Looks good, but would need a good shine or maclove only if they are shell. I love the macneils.
post #41766 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhindian View Post


Any chance I could get some more opinions on these? Now with embedded images..

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

They look great. If the price is right, go for them. 

post #41767 of 70737

I got a pair of chocolate 9.5D Larchmonts firsts in the 2 for 250 sale.  Problem is, even though I'm a 9.5D in the 5 last (PA, FA, Strand), these don't fit quite as well -- they're a little loose and my heel slips a bit.

 

I'm going to go to an AE store to try different sizes/widths.  If one fits better I'll ask if they can swap the shoes for me.

post #41768 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post
 

 

I'm sure she does.  Joking.  Great looking Pine Rivers.  I never thought they would look that good.  How do you like the fit? Not too roomy?

 

The fit is pretty good. I sized the same on the 5 last. The only complaint i have about my pine rivers is that there seems to be a hump in the left heel. Im not sure what is causing it or if it will flatten out over time. The hump is just weird feeling.

post #41769 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
 

I got a pair of chocolate 9.5D Larchmonts firsts in the 2 for 250 sale.  Problem is, even though I'm a 9.5D in the 5 last (PA, FA, Strand), these don't fit quite as well -- they're a little loose and my heel slips a bit.

 

I'm going to go to an AE store to try different sizes/widths.  If one fits better I'll ask if they can swap the shoes for me.

 

The Larchmonts are on the 3 last.  I wear 9.5D in the 5 last (PA, FA and Strands) and wear 9.5B on the 3 last.  Hope that helps.

 

 

Edit: How did you get those firsts from the 2/250 sale. I must have missed something

post #41770 of 70737

I bought chocolate Larchmonts and grey Black Hills, but asked the salesman to upgrade me to Black Hills firsts (they're $147 on AE website) and I'd pay the difference.  He agreed and charged my card for $147 + $125 + tax.  Then they ran out of Black Hills firsts, or something, and sent me Larchmont firsts and BHs seconds.  (I called when I saw the shipping notification, but he said he'd done it on purpose.)

post #41771 of 70737
What's the rules on returns from the 2 for $250 if you return just one pair? Anyone try this? Do you get charged the normal price for the pair you keep?
post #41772 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

What's the rules on returns from the 2 for $250 if you return just one pair? Anyone try this? Do you get charged the normal price for the pair you keep?

 

It's $125 if you're returning any pair.

post #41773 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post

Where did you find these for $39.95? They look nice.

The Island Slippers are $39.99 and available at The Shoe Bank. They're made in Hawaii and are the most comfortable sandal you can buy. Blows Olukai out if the water!
post #41774 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

AE MacNeil in Dublin Tan leather--a make up for Freeman's Sporting Club--for a casual outing tonight. I really dig this version of the MacNeil.

 

 


Nice look..

post #41775 of 70737
I hate to be a contrarian but seeing all the pine rivers and shaker heights has made me really happy I didn't get them.

They look great on you guys but it just affirms that they're not what I was looking for.

So I guess my 2 for 250 turned into a 1 for 125. Almost wish I'd grabbed the brown fifth street boot or some penny loafers, but nothing really moved me.

Definitely feeling slightly jealous of the guys that picked up the RL penny loafers. Now that's an amazing price for those!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

The Larchmonts are on the 3 last.  I wear 9.5D in the 5 last (PA, FA and Strands) and wear 9.5B on the 3 last.  Hope that helps.


Edit: How did you get those firsts from the 2/250 sale. I must have missed something

Sometimes they're closing out firsts as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...