or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2776  

post #41626 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmonkey View Post

Can someone comment on the exchange policy for shoebank? Just got these in and there is some noticeable streaking(?) around the throat and vamp area. Not sure if it will look worse with wear.

See vamp



Cap toes look a little splotchy? Not as concerned about this.
you can certainly exchange them, but you would still have to pay the $10 fee for shipping and its luck of the draw for whether the next pair you got was better. Those shoes do not look bad, they are seconds after all.
post #41627 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Don't know if they do this regularly, but my SA volunteered to do this for me with a pair or suede singletons I bought. She said she would go check them out since they were the last pair and white. She told me the issue over the phone, and I proceeded to purchase them. Just be nice, and it couldn't hurt to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Is it ever possible to get Shoebank staff to inspect pairs of 2nd's that are in the "warehouse"? I'm interested in something but would love a condition assessment before I purchase. I take it this is probably not possible, and that purchasing 2nd's just involves pot-luck?

 



During a sale, the shoebank reps won't have the time to personally inspect merchandise, but a sales rep from an outlet will take a picture for you if the shoes are in store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidrothchild View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've asked for and received a condition assessment before. The reps are normally happy to do it if they have the shoe you're ordering on-hand, but it becomes more difficult when they're ordering the shoe from another store.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. It was more an issue of thge shoes being in this so-called "warehouse". Is the warehouse part of the Shoebank, or is it a kind of distribution center away from a retail outlet? I've requested a condition assessment from SA's at both the J-Ville and Shoebank, and both have said they don't have them on hand, so cannot help. Perhaps I'll call the Shoebank and speak to someone.
post #41628 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


I don't know your definition of cheap. But how about this one? Free shipping.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF599_1_40000000001_-1_

The bay has some - 3 for $11 in stainless and it looks like you can get free shipping. Just go to the bay and search for shoe horn.

Chris

I guess I should have mentioned, I'm looking for a long shoe horn not a pocket size one. I know there are some nice leather ones on the AE website but I'm not looking to spend $50 on a shoe horn. $15-20 max.

post #41629 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkthewalk View Post

I guess I should have mentioned, I'm looking for a long shoe horn not a pocket size one. I know there are some nice leather ones on the AE website but I'm not looking to spend $50 on a shoe horn. $15-20 max.

I just went to the bay, searched for shoe horn, and the first one was a 24 inch shoe horn for $11.89 with free shipping.

I just sent you a PM - I don't think they want links posted here.

Chris
post #41630 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post




Thanks for the replies gentlemen. It was more an issue of thge shoes being in this so-called "warehouse". Is the warehouse part of the Shoebank, or is it a kind of distribution center away from a retail outlet? I've requested a condition assessment from SA's at both the J-Ville and Shoebank, and both have said they don't have them on hand, so cannot help. Perhaps I'll call the Shoebank and speak to someone.

Maybe you could call the SB and find out what store they are at and then call that store yourself. Let us know if it works.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


I just went to the bay, searched for shoe horn, and the first one was a 24 inch shoe horn for $11.89 with free shipping.

I just sent you a PM - I don't think they want links posted here.

Chris

Thanks, I was more looking for a recommendation from someone that has actually used the horn. That one looks like a really cheap Chinese import.

 

On another note, will using something like a metal or plastic horn damage your dress shoes?

post #41631 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkthewalk View Post

Maybe you could call the SB and find out what store they are at and then call that store yourself. Let us know if it works.

Thanks, I was more looking for a recommendation from someone that has actually used the horn. That one looks like a really cheap Chinese import.

On another note, will using something like a metal or plastic horn damage your dress shoes?

I have always used a shoe horn - some metal, some plastic - and have never damaged my shoes. Quite the opposite - you will damage your shoes if you do not use a shoe horn.

Chris
post #41632 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkthewalk View Post
 

Maybe you could call the SB and find out what store they are at and then call that store yourself. Let us know if it works.

 

Thanks, I was more looking for a recommendation from someone that has actually used the horn. That one looks like a really cheap Chinese import.

 

On another note, will using something like a metal or plastic horn damage your dress shoes?


Isn't that contrary to the intended purpose of using a horn in the first place?

post #41633 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkthewalk View Post
 

Where can I purchase a good cheap shoe horn, preferably online?


There are about 1000 of them on eBay for less than $5. You can get some pretty cool vintage ones on there if you look carefully. If that doesn't work, The Shoe Mart should have plenty of options for you.

post #41634 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 


Isn't that contrary to the intended purpose of using a horn in the first place?

I wasn't sure if the cheap plastic/metal horns were made to be used with dress shoes or just tennis shoes.

 

I was also wondering, do you need shoe trees for every pair of shoes you own or can you get away with just having one pair that you use for whatever shoes you've worn that day?

post #41635 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc121 View Post

you can certainly exchange them, but you would still have to pay the $10 fee for shipping and its luck of the draw for whether the next pair you got was better. Those shoes do not look bad, they are seconds after all.

If I bring them to an AE store(non outlet) to exchange do fees apply?
post #41636 of 70737

So neither my navy nor my brogue suede strands will work, which is a shame.

 

I got the list for the 8.5D's again and am kind of undecided on what to do. I like a bunch of the shoes they have left, but I don't love them. They have grey long branches (new ones as well!), brown fifth streets, and suede players shoes that I'd consider, but the rest is meh. I guess I'm sending them back...


They have green strands and grey cloud PA's as well. I think green would be too outlandish a color!

post #41637 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkthewalk View Post
 

I wasn't sure if the cheap plastic/metal horns were made to be used with dress shoes or just tennis shoes.

 

I was also wondering, do you need shoe trees for every pair of shoes you own or can you get away with just having one pair that you use for whatever shoes you've worn that day?


Don't buy $300 shoes and skimp on the shoe trees. You can stay tuned right here and see when Jos A Bank has sales and attack at that point. I think they'll go for anywhere from $8-10 and they sell everyday at Nordstom Rack for $12. They're almost all made by Woodlore (who happen to be owned by AE).

post #41638 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by UABblazer View Post

My 2 for $250 haul. Suede Strand and Brown Fifth Street boot. I was able to pick these out in person at one of the outlet stores.


Very cool.  I'm wearing my suede Strands now - picked them up as seconds in the fall for $250ish.  You got a great deal :)

post #41639 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 


Don't buy $300 shoes and skimp on the shoe trees. You can stay tuned right here and see when Jos A Bank has sales and attack at that point. I think they'll go for anywhere from $8-10 and they sell everyday at Nordstom Rack for $12. They're almost all made by Woodlore (who happen to be owned by AE).

I am getting good quality trees, I was more wondering if you need a set for every pair you own, or will one pair suffice?

post #41640 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmonkey View Post

If I bring them to an AE store(non outlet) to exchange do fees apply?
in my experience, yes. they still have to ship the shoes back to the outlet. you can get out of the fee by paying for shipping yourself, but it would be pretty minimal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...