Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 12:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2766post #41476 of 707373/24/14 at 7:09pmpost #41477 of 707373/24/14 at 7:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Indyoshi68
I've figured out that my 'right pinky toe is smarting in certain shoes' problem is because of a previously broken right small toe that healed less than perfect; in this case, do you stretch all shoes with the issue to accommodate the nuance of the right toe...or break the toe again, reset and get the TOE right to fit the shoes? LOL
Also, 2nd of my 2/250 has arrived, will post pics - slight defect, interested to get feedback on whether to keep (the shoe fits into the above category.)
Bump. I have the exact same issue. I wound up going up a width, but that's not a satisfactory solution. I didn't try stretching because a lot of what I read said that stretching won't work. I'd be interested to know if someone can confirm/deny.post #41478 of 707373/24/14 at 7:40pmpost #41479 of 707373/24/14 at 7:46pmpost #41480 of 707373/24/14 at 7:54pmQuote:
First thing my wife said when I got my meermins was how much sleeker they looked. Still love my AE's for what they are, and their excellent price makes them the most represented maker in my stable, but I think most of their lasts lack a certain elegance.post #41481 of 707373/24/14 at 7:56pmpost #41482 of 707373/24/14 at 7:59pmpost #41483 of 707373/24/14 at 8:01pmpost #41484 of 707373/24/14 at 8:07pmpost #41485 of 707373/24/14 at 8:13pmpost #41486 of 707373/24/14 at 8:16pmpost #41487 of 707373/24/14 at 8:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evolve
Question for the shoe care pros in this thread: what kind of treatment, if any, do you give to a brand-new pair of calf shoes? I'm relatively new to the nice shoes/proper care game, and have a new pair of black Park Avenues (worn twice) that I'd like to add a bit of shine to. Obviously, the leather is still rather soft and healthy looking, so they don't need a whole lot of love. Would it be acceptable just to add some wax polish to the toe caps for a nice shine? Or should I give the entire shoes some sort of treatment? I have conditioner/cleaner, cream polish, and wax polish, all AE products.
I appreciate the replies!
This is what I do with new calf shoes. I use AE Cleaner / Conditioner, buff, apply AE paste wax, buff, wear.
Chrispost #41488 of 707373/24/14 at 8:26pmFirst of my 2 for 250 is here. Strand I'm brogue suede.
Here's the issue:
The fit is pretty good and the spot is right where it would crease so I'm not that worried. I'd probably do that sooner or later anyway.
Does anyone know how I could try to get it out? I'm leaning hard towards keeping but want to try to get it out first. Spot doesn't bother me that much, except that it's really shiny in the light!
Edited by ridethecliche - 3/24/14 at 8:48pmpost #41489 of 707373/24/14 at 9:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Scottyb06
It depends on what type of shine you go for. For my calf shoes I always start with a coat of leather conditioner/cleaner (even when new) and then add a layer of AE polish (the kind in the tubes, not the hard waxy kind). I then use a horsehair brush and a cloth to polish them up. I also ensure the edges have dressing as well. I never wear a pair of new AEs without a coating of polish but that's just me. I also store them with AE shoe trees and in shoe bags to help keep them looking new.Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I'll go ahead and give me new shoes the full treatment.post #41490 of 707373/24/14 at 9:17pm
Re: Mora, I was told that they run long, so I'd size down atleast a half size and potentially increase the width if that's ever an issue for you.
Anyone an 8E and looking for shark longwings? Grab these AE's!
I think they look blobby since the outsole has to be a bit bigger, given the 360 degree goodyear welting. If they glued some of their soles on, they could go sleeker. I think that the park avenue's are quite sleek though, no? As are the mora's.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 8 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Future of the Democratic Party Threak 9 minutes ago
- › Best selvedge jeans 11 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...