Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/27/17 at 7:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2763post #41432 of 707373/24/14 at 6:27amQuote:Originally Posted by tjyoung
Anyone ever pop a speedhook out? What are my options? I haz a sad...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They may be able to help.
If not, your local cobbler can, but you have to get a good match in speedhook color/style.post #41433 of 707373/24/14 at 7:14ampost #41434 of 707373/24/14 at 7:53ampost #41435 of 707373/24/14 at 7:59am
I've bought a jacket with a similar tag that had all the original tags, but had clearly been altered by a tailor. I think it was about 2/3 off the original price too. Regarding the shoes, I'd be surprised if they are pairs that someone bought and wore for a few weeks before returning, but would not be surprised if they are pairs with shop wear or that were worn once outside before returning - something very minimal but that would stil require refinishing the sole.post #41436 of 707373/24/14 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by bkotsko
They may be able to help.
If not, your local cobbler can, but you have to get a good match in speedhook color/style.
Or just replace them all?post #41437 of 707373/24/14 at 9:55amQuote:
I was actually debating removing all of them and putting in eyelets. This is on my recent Eagle County MTO, and with small ankles, the speedhooks are more of a pain than I thought they would be. I like my Dalton's better with all eyelets. I wonder how much that would cost. Also wondering if it would ruin my shoe/the leather at all...post #41438 of 707373/24/14 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by tjyoung
I was actually debating removing all of them and putting in eyelets. This is on my recent Eagle County MTO, and with small ankles, the speedhooks are more of a pain than I thought they would be. I like my Dalton's better with all eyelets. I wonder how much that would cost. Also wondering if it would ruin my shoe/the leather at all...
It can be done, but be aware that the spacing is different, and they may look odd.post #41439 of 707373/24/14 at 11:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Xchange
So far it's been a week i wear my Promontory boots and i dont feel as confortable as my other AE shoes...
The heel feel weird and i tried to remove the insole but it didn't fix the feeling and add another feeling like wearing a brick...
Do anybody having the same feeling as me?
No love for the promontory? or for me :)
Anyway... for me they don't work as good as the others one... this morning i walk'd 20min with them and my right heel was hurting so bad!
I may return them if no body have a solution ..post #41440 of 707373/24/14 at 11:06ampost #41441 of 707373/24/14 at 11:12ampost #41442 of 707373/24/14 at 11:30amQuote:
I would imagine that there is simply something just wrong with your shoe, If the shoes are roomy on you order an insert or the AE orthotic. I am sure you would see a lot about it in the boot review on AE's site if it was common. I have 2 Daltons, Long Branch, Carson City and Shaker Heights and I would consider them all to be at maximum comfort level.
Edited by Kahuna75 - 3/24/14 at 11:46ampost #41443 of 707373/24/14 at 11:37ampost #41444 of 707373/24/14 at 11:47amQuote:
Check the specific boot.
I wasn't aware.post #41445 of 707373/24/14 at 11:49am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...