Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2753post #41281 of 707373/21/14 at 9:15amLook at what it says here.Quote:Looks like someone screwed up 😝Access to this extranet is limited to authorized wholesalers and suppliers of Allen-Edmonds Shoe Corporation. You are agreeing to treat all information on this extranet as confidential and further agree not to disclose any information from this extranet to any third parties.post #41282 of 707373/21/14 at 9:22ampost #41283 of 707373/21/14 at 9:36am
3 for $375s have arrived!
First, Winter Park in walnut grain:
No discernable flaws. Comfortable as hell - no break-in should be required. The orthotics and Vibram sole almost dissuaded me from buying them, but I can easily see these becoming my go-to walking shoe as well as being a great travel shoe. Definite keepers.
Next, the Park Avenue in walnut grain:
Unique shoe. The simplicity of the bal captoe with no brogueing/perfing is a great contrast to the casualness of the walnut grain. Interestingly, the box lists the "first" price as $227 - that seems incredibly low to me.
Now for the bad news . . . no question that these are seconds:
Fortunately, that is the part of the shoe that people (myself included) are least likely to ever see. Nevertheless, I'm undecided about keeping them. I'll put them on the rack and leave them there for a while while I contemplate.
Finally, McTavish in grey:
You'll notice that one of these shoes is significantly darker than the other. This is because I ordered a new pair as a potential replacement for my old pair, on which I conducted what I now consider to be a failed experiment with Venetian Shoe Cream. So, the light is the replacement . . .
. . . And since I figure some might prefer the look of the dark pair, it's now for sale. 9.5 Es, in excellent condition - seconds but no discernable flaws, and worn fewer than 10 times. More pics are available upon request. $125 plus CONUS shipping makes them yours. PM if interested.post #41284 of 707373/21/14 at 9:48amThat was quick!
Question on the mctavish since I was considering them except in brown distressed. How do you thinking darkening the ones in brown would look? Would be shooting for a shade or two darker and to make the finish more even/less splotchy.
edit : looks like you might have been trying this with your first pair?
Edited by cadmonkey - 3/21/14 at 10:06ampost #41285 of 707373/21/14 at 10:00amQuote:Originally Posted by cadmonkey
That was quick!
Question on the mctavish since I was considering them except in brown distressed. I realize yours are gray, but do you think some combination of conditioner and polish would darken them up a shade or two and make the finish more even?
edit : looks like you might have been trying this with your first pair?
Well, I wasn't trying to darken them - I have one of those jerrycans of VSC and went through a phase where I was trying it on a bunch of different pairs. As for your question, I would not be the right person to answer that, but I'm sure others here could chime in. The one thing I do know at this point is that the AE Rough collection leather is a different beast than dress calf, CXL, shell, and the other leathers I'm used to, and until I figure out more, I'm going to stick with the AE-recommended care regime (as published on their website).post #41286 of 707373/21/14 at 10:01ampost #41287 of 707373/21/14 at 10:06amQuote:
I was just able to get through to the SB about one of the ones I'd never seen before. Predictably, they are even ass-over-teakettle busier than they were a few hours ago. If the unicorn I'm seeking does in fact exist, I will post an update.post #41288 of 707373/21/14 at 10:06amQuote:
Same here, some of the shoes that were not on my list are on this. It's probably what was available several days ago before we started ordering.post #41289 of 707373/21/14 at 10:13ampost #41290 of 707373/21/14 at 10:14amThe website is not accurate but a good guide. I placed an order yesterday when the long branches weren't on my list. Got an email from the shoebank with the link and it had the long branches, so I called first thing this morning to get them and they told me they weren't in stock in my size.
Oh well saved me some money I guess. Still nice to see a picture with the name.post #41291 of 707373/21/14 at 10:44ampost #41292 of 707373/21/14 at 10:50ampost #41293 of 707373/21/14 at 11:04ampost #41294 of 707373/21/14 at 11:07amQuote:
Go with the middle ones. They're so lightweight, it will be like you have no shoes on at all.post #41295 of 707373/21/14 at 11:09am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Edward Green, Ullswater, Walnut Country Calf, 10-10.5, Shoe Trees 48 seconds ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 58 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...