Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/27/17 at 7:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2748post #41206 of 707373/20/14 at 3:22pmpost #41207 of 707373/20/14 at 3:23pmpost #41208 of 707373/20/14 at 3:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by chris45
I need some help on the Strandmok sizing since its unlined ... I have the following:
- Strand -- 8.5D (fully closed laces)
- Neumok - 8.5D (not fully closed laces... not that I know anything, but I think they close as one would hope.. not fully closed but with just a small amount of room)
- Kenilworth -- 8.5D (appears to lace properly with some room for more break in)
- McNeil Shell - 8D (haven't had a chance to wear these much so cannot fully comment on the sizing.. but appear to be the correct size for me)
- Long Branch - 8.5D (appear to lace and fit well)
Would you go with the Strandmok (Navy) in the 8.5D or 8D (will more than likely be worn without socks and casual/jeans/etc.) due to it being unlined?
EDIT -- what are also the opinions on Player's sizing? (looking at the Player's Dark Chocolate Suede) .. and what are your opinions on casual wear/etc.
One day I will add a black shoe to the mix but don't really see anything jumping out at me with the current closeout sale...
I'm also considering this shoe as well as a "Navy Suede Strand" (it is called out separately than the Strandmok). Anyone have any pictures of this shoe? I've tried Google and only get the Strandmok...post #41209 of 707373/20/14 at 3:24pm
I have an interesting one.
I wanted good quality and a bit different style of bowling shoe.
Well I decided to give a local cobbler a try with a pair of AE seconds, the Finch.
They turned out fantastic!
He put Chrome leather on the left foot, my slide foot (he put this over the top of the original sole).
He put a light colored rubber material to replace the heels, and for the covering of the right sole.
Here's how they started:
Here's the finished bowling shoe:
He angled the heel a bit so it wouldn't catch.
I think they turned out great!
I'm wondering if any one else has done this? Now I can say I have Allen Edmonds pair of bowling shoes.post #41210 of 707373/20/14 at 3:32pm
I destroyed a pair of boots this boston winter when I walked into a puddle. They were already treated with HDLP once. By the time I got home, there was salt damage everywhere...
I should have used a second coat :/post #41211 of 707373/20/14 at 4:09pm
+1 on the double coat of HDLP on my Dark Brown Long Branches. The NYC winter was disgusting at some points with all the giant puddles of half melted snow mixed with the dirt and mud from the ground. Without HDLP I believe that my shoes would have been completely ruined and my feet soaked. In my experience, they do permanently change the color of the shoe, but the LBs have more of a grain leather texture which makes it more of a tough-looking shoe anyway. I think it actually adds character to the shoe.post #41212 of 707373/20/14 at 4:15pmAmazing shoes! Wish shell (especially in walnut) is more plentiful.
Quick question on lacing. From your pictures there seem to be no gap between the two sides where the laces are threaded through. When I tie my laces there is a pretty noticeable "V", with the bottom of the "V" not totally closed. Would sizing up on width minimize the gap? Thanks!post #41213 of 707373/20/14 at 4:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by zennypoo
Amazing shoes! Wish shell (especially in walnut) is more plentiful.
Quick question on lacing. From your pictures there seem to be no gap between the two sides where the laces are threaded through. When I tie my laces there is a pretty noticeable "V", with the bottom of the "V" not totally closed. Would sizing up on width minimize the gap? Thanks!
I've had them 1 year. These are regular brown shell. I'd suggest trying 1 width sider. These are a perfect fit for me.post #41214 of 707373/20/14 at 4:32pmpost #41215 of 707373/20/14 at 4:38pmpost #41216 of 707373/20/14 at 4:47pmJust got my clearance - 20% shoe delivery: Amok and Mojave chukkas.
Unfortunately the Mojave is not a good fit. They feel big. They are a 10.5D. I think I need a 10D instead. Unfortunately, AE doesn't have any more stock in that size.
Is anyone going to return their pair of Mojaves in 10D? I want 'empost #41217 of 707373/20/14 at 4:53pmpost #41218 of 707373/20/14 at 5:00pmpost #41219 of 707373/20/14 at 5:03pmpost #41220 of 707373/20/14 at 5:10pm
I received my Brown Cordovan Shell Dundee Seconds from the $299 sale.
Still deciding if I can live with the defects on the left toe box. There a few dark spots and some weird grain going on the left shoe toe box. The top toe box is not smooth and the leather is rough looking. Also a crease running on the left side. Do you think they will even out or blend in once broken in? The right shoe is perfect. Keep or return?
Edited by Probait - 3/26/14 at 3:04pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Cars We Drive! 55 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 2 minutes ago
- › Ray Bans and Randolph Engineering Sunglasses 3 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...