or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2740  

post #41086 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Close Hoarse View Post
 

 

The Singleton does come only in the "D" width.

CH

 

I own it in 9.5 E.

 

I got them as seconds last year.  The RL site only ever has D listed, so I'm not even sure how/why Es were made in the first place.  But I do sometimes see the Singleton (or Sanderson, or Slaton, or Saunders) on the E lists for seconds for whatever reason.

post #41087 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Close Hoarse View Post

The Singleton does come only in the "D" width.
CH

That would come as some surprise to Kristle, who shipped me an E a couple of hours ago. smile.gif

Also, check Halfnhalf's post quoted above. You'll see a Singleton in E.

Also, to all you folks starting out and you've got 3-4 solid, versatile pairs and you're asking "what should I get in this sale?" You are insane if there's a pair of snuff suede Neumoks in your size and you don't grab them. Incredibly versatile shoe for $125.
post #41088 of 70737

Just realized the Strand Brogue Suede I ordered has Dainite sole...yeah me!

post #41089 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
 

Is the two-for-$250 deal only for closeout styles?  Or any factory seconds in the list they sent me?

 

Some of the Brooks Bros. version are not in the sale.

post #41090 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

Just realized the Strand Brogue Suede I ordered has Dainite sole...yeah me!

Wait, how do you know? I ordered both the brogue and the navy suede. If they both have dainite soles I will be oh so pleased!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count de Monet View Post
 

 

Some of the Brooks Bros. version are not in the sale.


Yeah, I was definitely bummed I didn't see the spectators in there.

post #41091 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

 

I own it in 9.5 E.

 

I got them as seconds last year.  The RL site only ever has D listed, so I'm not even sure how/why Es were made in the first place.  But I do sometimes see the Singleton (or Sanderson, or Slaton, or Saunders) on the E lists for seconds for whatever reason.

Yeah, it didn't seem necessary to do that dance with "it only comes in D" respondents since the lists I have gotten from my many requests have always had Singletons (and Slatons and Saunders and Sandersons) in E widths. Now I'm wondering if they're knockoffs...:facepalm:

 

But back to question: what size do you wear in the 5 last, BackInTheJox? Could you compare the fit of the two if you have any 5 last models? Thanks

post #41092 of 70737

I'm torn on the Waxy Brown Long Branches having just picked up the Chocolate Daltons. I realize they're a different look but I'm not sure if I'm going to wear boots often enough to own 2. Any compelling arguments to pick up the LBs?

post #41093 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I do think these are relatively casual though and the shape of the shoe isn't really all that flattering to me since they're a bit bulky and I'm really skinny...
I'm very pleased with my black shell Leeds -- but I'm a 14AA. Even gunboats look super sleek. shog[1].gif
post #41094 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post

I'm very pleased with my black shell Leeds -- but I'm a 14AA. Even gunboats look super sleek. shog[1].gif

Wow, can you post a pic or two of your 14AA shoes? I would love to see them!

-Mike
post #41095 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post

I'm torn on the Waxy Brown Long Branches having just picked up the Chocolate Daltons. I realize they're a different look but I'm not sure if I'm going to wear boots often enough to own 2. Any compelling arguments to pick up the LBs?

If you want to wear wingtip boots in the snow, slush, rain, or mud?

uhoh.gif
post #41096 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

 

I own it in 9.5 E.

 

I got them as seconds last year.  The RL site only ever has D listed, so I'm not even sure how/why Es were made in the first place.  But I do sometimes see the Singleton (or Sanderson, or Slaton, or Saunders) on the E lists for seconds for whatever reason.


Sorry. I stand corrected. I get lists of various RL/AE shoes all the time, and there's never been any Singletons in widths other than D, so I took it that there were no other widths.  For instance, the AE Gatsby comes only in a D width.

Mea culpa,

CH

post #41097 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Close Hoarse View Post
 


Sorry. I stand corrected. I get lists of various RL/AE shoes all the time, and there's never been any Singletons in widths other than D, so I took it that there were no other widths.  For instance, the AE Gatsby comes only in a D width.

Mea culpa,

CH

 

Oh no worries at all, I wasn't trying to come off snidely.  I used to assume the same thing (I wouldn't even know how to go about ordering them in size E since RL does seem to only carry them in D on their website).  Maybe you have to special order/MTO, and I just got lucky with a pair of MTO seconds?  I have no clue.

post #41098 of 70737

I just

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


If you want to wear wingtip boots in the snow, slush, rain, or mud?

uhoh.gif

 

I just can't imagine them being tough enough for harsh weather. I suppose I could lay on some HDLP to keep them dry, but I'm not sure how tough they'd actually be in adverse conditions. 

 

Another dilemma I'm having is a choice for good everyday casual shoe. I've got a tan Mctavish (which I'm planning to add a topy) and snuff neumoks now, but I am considering if its worth getting a blucher like the Rapid City as well for diversity.

post #41099 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post
 

I just

 

I just can't imagine them being tough enough for harsh weather. I suppose I could lay on some HDLP to keep them dry, but I'm not sure how tough they'd actually be in adverse conditions. 

 

Another dilemma I'm having is a choice for good everyday casual shoe. I've got a tan Mctavish (which I'm planning to add a topy) and snuff neumoks now, but I am considering if its worth getting a blucher like the Rapid City as well for diversity.

I love my Long Branches in Waxy and wore them a ton this winter now granted I was not dancing around in snow puddles but they went great with my assortment of corduroy pants and henley style shirts...I got mine a width wider as I wear boot socks to keep my toes warm.

 

My big hang up has been in treating them- I like the waxy look so have only used AE leather conditioner and a light spray of AE waterproofer. There are some picks way back a bunch of pages of a pair lathered up with HDLP that seem to be able to withstand anything. They are extremely comfortable too

post #41100 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Wait, how do you know? I ordered both the brogue and the navy suede. If they both have dainite soles I will be oh so pleased!

 


Yeah, I was definitely bummed I didn't see the spectators in there.

Here is the Amazon link for the Strand Brogue

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Strand-Cap-Toe-Oxford/dp/B001TDL0GK

 

Also Nordstrom has some better images of it

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...