Bump... 9-79 last compared to 5-65? ANYONE able to share the difference in fit between the two lasts?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2738post #41056 of 707373/19/14 at 3:10pmpost #41057 of 707373/19/14 at 3:15pm
I grabbed a pair of navy and brogue suede strands during the second sale today. Woot!
Was also seriously considering the Neumora but had read about the issue with the straps ripping off. I was also looking at the morgan but read some awful things about it here. The RL and brooks penny loafers look awesome as well, but I always seem to have a hard time fitting into penny loafers and I'd really like to make sure that I'm getting the right ones in person.
I decided to ignore the boots for now. I figured I could grab some of those during the next sale or such. I still need to pick up a pair of brown wingtips someday. I have a feeling it's going to be a good long while after this purchase. Yeesh!
When this stuff comes around again, I'd love to pick up some more 'hardy' boots along the lines of the long branch. The only boots I have that I can beat up are my timberlands!post #41058 of 707373/19/14 at 3:18pmpost #41059 of 707373/19/14 at 3:21pmpost #41060 of 707373/19/14 at 3:27pmWhat is the groups thoughts on the V-tread tap soles? I'm contemplating whether I should opt for them on a new pair of walnut Strands and/or order Bourbon McAllisters. I have bourbon Daltons on order so I'm not sure I want two pairs if bourbon wingtips.
I have the V-treads on a pair of Patriots but those shoes are not worn regularly enough for me to get a handle of their wear characteristics.
What about Swims galoshes? Who uses them? Opinions if you do please?
Edited by Buddy0329 - 3/19/14 at 4:22pmpost #41061 of 707373/19/14 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by puckbw11Quote:Originally Posted by hohneokc
I am going to agree with you. I think the Walnut Strand is much more versatile than the Rush Street. I recently bought the Rush Streets and they are great - but they are definitely a more casual shoe. I personally will not wear my Rush Streets with a suit.
The Walnut Strands can do a suit and can also pull off jeans.
Agree, walnut strands are the way to go here. Rush Streets are a great casual shoe, and could be more useful depending on what you normall wear. If I was a chinos/jeans person more than 50% of the time, then I would go with the Rush Streets. Dainite soles are the bomb.
If anyone could post pics of these shoes (worn), I'd be grateful!
I wear mostly semi casual (eg nice jeans with a nice jacket to dinner) but have some slacks the walnut would pair well with. Would rather not buy both pairs of shoes...
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi
Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.post #41062 of 707373/19/14 at 3:36pmpost #41063 of 707373/19/14 at 3:38pmpost #41064 of 707373/19/14 at 3:46pmpost #41065 of 707373/19/14 at 3:49pmpost #41066 of 707373/19/14 at 3:57pmQuote:
Personally, I go 11.5D on the Singleton. I have both the dark chocolate suede and brown calf. Each pair was a bit snug in the instep at first but broke in nicely over time. I also wear 11.5D on the 5-65. I have a relatively small lacing gap on my 5 last Strands. The 5 last is very similar in width to the 9-79 throughout, but a bit longer in the same size. YMMV. Hope this is helpful.post #41067 of 707373/19/14 at 3:59pmThanks! They should be on the same last (5-65) as the park avenue and the fifth avenues, right? Do they fit the same the ?
I tried the strand in a 7.5 EEE and it fit my insole. I measure an 8E but that size was barely tight on the park aves.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi
Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.post #41068 of 707373/19/14 at 4:09pmpost #41069 of 707373/19/14 at 4:17pmQuote:
I think my opinion is probably minority here, but:
Black shell Leeds: fail
Edit: I would note that anywhere one would wear black gunboats that black shell Leeds would also be appropriate. Saying they are fail is a bit harsh, but they are certainly a minority shoe without much versatility.post #41070 of 707373/19/14 at 4:20pmQuote:Thanks for the reply, sir...Originally Posted by The_International
Personally, I go 11.5D on the Singleton. I have both the dark chocolate suede and brown calf. Each pair was a bit snug in the instep at first but broke in nicely over time. I also wear 11.5D on the 5-65. I have a relatively small lacing gap on my 5 last Strands. The 5 last is very similar in width to the 9-79 throughout, but a bit longer in the same size. YMMV. Hope this is helpful.
If I follow you, International, you suggest staying the same size. I'm an E width, however, and I'm concerned the additional width might create heel slip. I have a thin heel but wider ball of foot.
After no response to OP, I went in store today, tried on the Randolph, which I believe is the same last, and the toe box was tight, shoe falling off my heel when just flexing, not waking. SA just shrugged and said loafers would be a hard fit for my foot type. Laces DO make a difference...
I guess i have to roll the dice on a size and hope for the best if I want a more substantial loafer than the Italian offerings. Happy to field thread suggestions...
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 28 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 36 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 39 minutes ago
- › Cigars 42 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Yoshida PORTER Paramount Packer HIGH-END Backpack 49 minutes ago
- › Tom Bihn AERONAUT 45 NEW via Europe! 54 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway