or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2716  

post #40726 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosrep123 View Post

Considering getting a dark brown kenilworth. How do you guys think cordovan ripples would look on the kenilworth if I were to get it MTO in cordovan?

 

Peppercorn posted pictures of his cordovan kennies on post #40619

post #40727 of 70737
Work on a Saturday?!? Boo...
Take two Daltons for my trouble:

GOD I LOVE THIS BOOT. Compliments abound today.
...Spring is taking FOREVER!!!
post #40728 of 70737
If you wear EE in Park Avenue, how have you sized in Harrisons? E is too narrow in 5-last dress shoes for me. EEE is way too wide.
post #40729 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

Peppercorn posted pictures of his cordovan kennies on post #40619

That's interesting, it looks like he got his in the traditional color #8. Peppercorn, if you are seeing this, was there no option to get it made in the traditional dark brown kenilworth color with the toe burnishing?
post #40730 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosrep123 View Post

That's interesting, it looks like he got his in the traditional color #8. Peppercorn, if you are seeing this, was there no option to get it made in the traditional dark brown kenilworth color with the toe burnishing?

Allison would make it in brown or black shell as well, but I chose burgundy. I can't imagine they would burnish cordovan though. That's more of a calf/cowhide effect.

It's my favorite casual shoe.

smile.gif

Breaking in great, just a few small creases. Ripples not as big as my shell strands or park aves.

I say go for it!!
post #40731 of 70737
Many thanks for the info!
post #40732 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Allison would make it in brown or black shell as well, but I chose burgundy. I can't imagine they would burnish cordovan though. That's more of a calf/cowhide effect.

It's my favorite casual shoe.

smile.gif

Breaking in great, just a few small creases. Ripples not as big as my shell strands or park aves.

I say go for it!!

Interesting, although a big reason why I like the shoe is because of the toe burnish. I really do hope they can do that...
post #40733 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

Work on a Saturday?!? Boo...
Take two Daltons for my trouble:

I feel your pain. Bayfields for me today:

post #40734 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosrep123 View Post


Interesting, although a big reason why I like the shoe is because of the toe burnish. I really do hope they can do that...

best order the calf version then. it's much cheaper.

 

burnishing shell defeats the purpose. the leather doesn't hold the color, it just sits on top of the finish.

post #40735 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

best order the calf version then. it's much cheaper.

burnishing shell defeats the purpose. the leather doesn't hold the color, it just sits on top of the finish.

That's actually the main reason why I wanted them in cordovan. I like the burnished calf version so much that I want one that will last me forever (and no calf creases is a plus), hence cordovan.
post #40736 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

The bolded sentences are where the money starts to really flow out of your bank account. I started when my godfather bought me some black bit loafers (Verona), which I wore pretty much every day at an internship my senior year of college, then when I started my job, I jumped into some walnut strands and black PAs right away. I've added some brown suede wingtips (an old model), some brown Veronas, and some brown PAs from a combo of Ebay, SF, and Shoe Bank all for $130 or less. Then the trouble (fun?) began....

Next was a pair of Meermin monkstraps (the Neumora 2.0 wasn't out at the time) for around $250. Next was a pair of Alden boots from a local store in my hometown for $500. Then brown shell Jeffersons for the big bucks. Then a pair of burgundy shell longwings from Alden.....

I'm thinking I can't possibly need any more shoes at this point, my closet is already stuffed as it is. What a fun few years! I need to pull out everything and do a group shot pretty soon.

Still waiting for those pictures! Would be interested in seeing how the Aldens compare to AEs.
post #40737 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by zennypoo View Post

Still waiting for those pictures! Would be interested in seeing how the Aldens compare to AEs.

I have a bit of both. What do you want to see compared?
post #40738 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I have a bit of both. What do you want to see compared?

If you have shells in either a burgundy or dark brown, thanks!

On a related note, I acquired a pair of Leeds in burgundy shell. I applied some AE cordovan shell cream for the first time last time and now there are some "swirl" pattern on the shoe. I did try to brush/buff as much as possible but all of the uneven color is going away. Did I do something wrong in using the cream? How do I go about fixing this? I've read some rather old threads on cordovan wax vs. cream, what's the SF opinion on this topic?

Thanks.
post #40739 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by zennypoo View Post


If you have shells in either a burgundy or dark brown, thanks!

On a related note, I acquired a pair of Leeds in burgundy shell. I applied some AE cordovan shell cream for the first time last time and now there are some "swirl" pattern on the shoe. I did try to brush/buff as much as possible but all of the uneven color is going away. Did I do something wrong in using the cream? How do I go about fixing this? I've read some rather old threads on cordovan wax vs. cream, what's the SF opinion on this topic?

Thanks.

 

Zenny,

 

Here are some to chew on...

 

Allen Edmonds Shell Colors (Click to show)

Burgundy Shell

 

Walnut Shell

 

Black Shell

 

Cappuccino Shell

 

And...

 

Alden Shell Colors (Click to show)

Cigar Shell

 

Whiskey Shell

 

Ravello Shell

 

Color 8 (Burgundy)

 

Black Shell

 

-Mike

post #40740 of 70737

I went to the AE store today. It was quiet a nice experience. The color difference between what is shown online on AE website and the actual store is like day and night. Alot of the color seems to be lighter and more watched out (Brown, burgendy). Would darker polish fix that? 

 

Turns out depending on the last I need two different sizes. I am amazed how you guys can buy online and get satisfying color or fit lol. 

 

Too bad I cant use the deal on Amazon to get 20% off because I didnt sign up 10 days before :(. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...