or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2709  

post #40621 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

If I'm a 9D in the 65 last, would an 8.5E in the same last be a possible fit? I'm looking at a sale pair, but the 9D's have been sold out.

Thanks!

 

I'm also a 9D in the 5-65 last.  Whenever I try an 8.5E, I often like the extra room in the toe, but I don't like the extra width in the heel grip and cuff area.  But that's just me.  I'd say buy the 8.5E and return it if it doesn't fit.  Return shipping is always free!

post #40622 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post

I'm looking at one of the new clearance items in the 333 last. I don't own any others on that last but have AE shoes in several other lasts. Does anyone have an opinion on how that last fits relative to others and one's TTS? The chat support on AE's website suggested the same size as I wear on the 65. The problem is I wear EE on the 65 which is not available on the 333.

 

How does everyone else size the 333 compared to other lasts and their normal TTS?

 

Thanks in advance.


I would say stay the same size. They will be a little bit roomier at the toe box but not enough to size down.
post #40623 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

If I'm a 9D in the 65 last, would an 8.5E in the same last be a possible fit? I'm looking at a sale pair, but the 9D's have been sold out.

Thanks!

I'm a 9D on the brannock and wear a 8.5E in the 65 last. Some of my 65 last shoes are 9D. My 1, 7 and 333 last fit is a 9D. Worst that could happen is that it doesn't fit and you just return them. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post
 

I'm looking at one of the new clearance items in the 333 last. I don't own any others on that last but have AE shoes in several other lasts. Does anyone have an opinion on how that last fits relative to others and one's TTS? The chat support on AE's website suggested the same size as I wear on the 65. The problem is I wear EE on the 65 which is not available on the 333.

 

How does everyone else size the 333 compared to other lasts and their normal TTS?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

I find the 333 last to fit TTS. See my response to macjedi for comparison to other lasts. 

post #40624 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

At home today, so gave the shells a little TLC.

Decided not to strip the factory product off of the park aves as I did my kennies, because I think if like the former to appear slightly darker, and the cordovan polish achieves that.

Other two shoes are a few rounds of Mac/Reno a away from being bare. They won't be due for another Reno treatment for some time though.

Still a little perplexed about how to mitigate the big roll in the park ave. any suggestions?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








 

I just let the rolls happen. My shell PA's roll quite a bit, but I don't mind.  Also, I much prefer the finish on yours. Mine were seconds I found at Nordstrom Rack for $200, so I wasn't picky, but the darker color is nicer. 

 

post #40625 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post

I'm looking at one of the new clearance items in the 333 last. I don't own any others on that last but have AE shoes in several other lasts. Does anyone have an opinion on how that last fits relative to others and one's TTS? The chat support on AE's website suggested the same size as I wear on the 65. The problem is I wear EE on the 65 which is not available on the 333.

How does everyone else size the 333 compared to other lasts and their normal TTS?

Thanks in advance.

I bought my 333 last shoes in the same size as my 5 last AE's - 9.5D. They are a bit roomier, but I don't think I could go a 9D. They feel like a 9.25D would be perfect. But I would rather have a shoe a tad on the big side than a tad on the small side. I usually try to wear a little bit thicker sock with the 333 last shoe.

Chris
post #40626 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilWagon View Post

Looks awesome.

What was your process for the PA's? I have a pair of Burg Leeds that I like the colour of but am totally disappointed in their factory level of shine.

These actually looked pretty good out of the box, so not much more than brushing and buffing.

The strands took a LOT of work. They looked horrid out of the box.
post #40627 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


I bought my 333 last shoes in the same size as my 5 last AE's - 9.5D. They are a bit roomier, but I don't think I could go a 9D. They feel like a 9.25D would be perfect. But I would rather have a shoe a tad on the big side than a tad on the small side. I usually try to wear a little bit thicker sock with the 333 last shoe.

Chris

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

I'm a 9D on the brannock and wear a 8.5E in the 65 last. Some of my 65 last shoes are 9D. My 1, 7 and 333 last fit is a 9D. Worst that could happen is that it doesn't fit and you just return them. 

 

 

I find the 333 last to fit TTS. See my response to macjedi for comparison to other lasts. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post


On the 65 last I wear a 9.5D (or sometimes a 9.5E)

On the 333 last I wear a 9 E

A 9.5D and a 9E would be roughly the same width but because of the 333's longer toe I went down a half size in length.

 

I appreciate the responses. Unfortunately it looks like everyone's mileage may vary. They don't make EE on the 333 so that's not an option for me.

post #40628 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post

I'm looking at one of the new clearance items in the 333 last. I don't own any others on that last but have AE shoes in several other lasts. Does anyone have an opinion on how that last fits relative to others and one's TTS? The chat support on AE's website suggested the same size as I wear on the 65. The problem is I wear EE on the 65 which is not available on the 333.

How does everyone else size the 333 compared to other lasts and their normal TTS?

Thanks in advance.

I think you would wear a single E on the 333 last; I find it much wider than the 65. I wear a EE on the 65 and a single E on the 333
post #40629 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Depends on how much room you have in the front on the 9D's. You're going to be slightly more 'forward' so to speak on the wider shoe, though the width will probably be just a little wider if even.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm also a 9D in the 5-65 last.  Whenever I try an 8.5E, I often like the extra room in the toe, but I don't like the extra width in the heel grip and cuff area.  But that's just me.  I'd say buy the 8.5E and return it if it doesn't fit.  Return shipping is always free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm a 9D on the brannock and wear a 8.5E in the 65 last. Some of my 65 last shoes are 9D. My 1, 7 and 333 last fit is a 9D. Worst that could happen is that it doesn't fit and you just return them. 

Thanks Gents! I think I'll give em a shot.
post #40630 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

I've been interested in the Clark Streets since first learning about them. With the Soles for Souls discount, I decided to try a pair now, convincing myself that it would be a for a good cause while getting a slight discount on them.

They arrived today and I think they are keepers. The natural CXL color to me is perfect. I've always thought of natural CXL as a greyish-tan color, and these are pretty much along the lines of what I expected and similar to other natural CXL shoes I've owned before.

The only thing making me think about returning them is that these are probably a good bet to end up in the Clearance section in the not too distant future at possibly a great deal. But I actually think they are worth the money at $260, so there's a good chance I'll keep them.

Some pics:




A couple of other natrual CXL shoes (non-AE) I've owned for comparison: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Carmina: probably at the darkest end of the natural CXL spectrum

Alden: fairly typical natural CXL from what I've seen
IMG_2638.jpg

I like these a lot, and would strongly considered picking up a pair if they went on sale. I may have enough casual shoes though given that i've picked up some black hills, amoks, and rapid city's in the past month.

These look great with the jeans you've chosen, and would pair well with a ton of other options. They'd look great with a lighter, non selvedge denim too. $260.00 seems like a pretty good price, for a rather versatile shoe.
post #40631 of 70737
Has anyone worked with another customer service rep other than Allison for a MTO?
post #40632 of 70737

Bourbon Calf Daltons came in today and at the risk of sounding dramatic, this shoe is shockingly beautiful right out of the box. At first I thought they were going to be too similar to my dark brown Long Branches, but boy was I wrong; these are a tamer, more refined beast that I believe can send a casual outfit to the next level, or complement professional attire seamlessly. Interestingly, the bourbon color is very tricky to photograph because in some lights it tends to look closer to walnut, whereas in others it seems closer to brown. You can see the contrast in the images below.

 

 

post #40633 of 70737

Thanks for posting got my Bourbon Daltons yesterday and was wondering about the liner and pull strap coloring - see they are the same as yours. I agree was shocked how nice they looked out of the box. Will you be doing any treatment to yours before first wear?

post #40634 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Has anyone worked with another customer service rep other than Allison for a MTO?

I think I once talked to someone else (Debrah?) but all my MTO orders were placed through Alison. What's wrong with Allison though, other than it's usually hard to reach her?

post #40635 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene_Lahm View Post

I like these a lot, and would strongly considered picking up a pair if they went on sale. I may have enough casual shoes though given that i've picked up some black hills, amoks, and rapid city's in the past month.

These look great with the jeans you've chosen, and would pair well with a ton of other options. They'd look great with a lighter, non selvedge denim too. $260.00 seems like a pretty good price, for a rather versatile shoe.

Ya. I'd love to pick them up on sale as well, for casual wear I always wear jeans and chino's in summer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...