or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2704  

post #40546 of 70737

I'm coming around to the idea of tassel loafers. I feel like they are kind of trendy right now, but obviously, a timeless design. I'm in my mid 20's so I guess it seems trendy for people my age to be wearing them. 

 

However, looking at those navy ones makes me want to get a pair myself for the summer. Maybe in grey or snuff suede..unlined. Looking at this thread is always so tempting,. 

post #40547 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

Few weeks ago. Navy PA

 

Where these MTO? I have really been thinking a lot lately about adding a pair of Navy AE's to my collection. When you get a chance could you please post a few more pics of these? They look unbelievable. 

post #40548 of 70737
Also my Eagle County MTO also failed
inspection and I ordered it the same time as this suede Grayson. It's 8.5D as well and the upper is tan waxy saddle, same leather as the Elgin and Stewart. Any chance you also got scored them as seconds @freedbird?
post #40549 of 70737
How long will it take for these LaSalle's to stretch? They are still tight (not all that uncomfortable) after 4 hours of wear. Will it take several days for them to break in?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #40550 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRock View Post
 

 

Where these MTO? I have really been thinking a lot lately about adding a pair of Navy AE's to my collection. When you get a chance could you please post a few more pics of these? They look unbelievable. 

 

I believe he dyed a pair of a different colored stock PAs. If you search through his posts in this thread, I think there are more photos and a description of the process. 

post #40551 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

 

I believe he dyed a pair of a different colored stock PAs. If you search through his posts in this thread, I think there are more photos and a description of the process. 

Thank you for the info. Sorry for not searching first!

post #40552 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats33cats View Post

How long will it take for these LaSalle's to stretch? They are still tight (not all that uncomfortable) after 4 hours of wear. Will it take several days for them to break in?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine have moulded a bit to my feet, but they haven't stretched much if at all.  That was after a few months

post #40553 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnslater View Post
 

 

 

I also have the tan Chukkamok's and I used mink oil with similar results.  I use them as my business casual bad weather work shoes.  They are extremely comfortable with the rubber sole and soft leather, however I find the leather a bit hard to care for, especially when trying to clean.  It picks up dark marks which are hard to remove.

 


I have some Aussie balm stuff I may try on mine just to see of that protects it a little more.

post #40554 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I went to an AE store yesterday to look at a few things in person and try on some shoes. The shaker heights looked off in person. I want a fan. A few of their display shoes could have used a good polish.

However, I really want some moras now!

 

Love the Shaker Heights and agree when just standing by themselves there is something less appealing than when they are on the foot- They fit me perfectly and spent an entire day with 3 miles of walking on them first time out of the box-

post #40555 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Also my Eagle County MTO also failed
inspection and I ordered it the same time as this suede Grayson. It's 8.5D as well and the upper is tan waxy saddle, same leather as the Elgin and Stewart. Any chance you also got scored them as seconds @freedbird?

Yup! However, I think I will be keeping those. You have some great MTO stuff you worked up!

7531DC1E-B394-41BB-A292-CBF53A25E96D_zpsjocovtsw.jpg
post #40556 of 70737
How good are Nordstroms about exchanging shoes a second time? I'm not so sure these will break in enough to be comfortable...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #40557 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedBird View Post


Yup! However, I think I will be keeping those. You have some great MTO stuff you worked up!

7531DC1E-B394-41BB-A292-CBF53A25E96D_zpsjocovtsw.jpg

May I ask how you manage to score the MTO seconds? I actually asked the folks at the Shoe Bank about the possibility of getting some of those the other day and I got the reply that there's no way for them to know whether these are the regular stock models or someone's MTO.

post #40558 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

May I ask how you manage to score the MTO seconds? I actually asked the folks at the Shoe Bank about the possibility of getting some of those the other day and I got the reply that there's no way for them to know whether these are the regular stock models or someone's MTO.

My college job was an SA at Allen Edmonds, so I have some connections that get me interesting MTO seconds.
post #40559 of 70737

Yep- I have two suede tassel loafers in the works.  Deciding between Graysons and Lake Shore Drive, though they are essentially the same. 


Edited by jch1 - 3/12/14 at 11:44am
post #40560 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jch1 View Post
 

Yep- I have two suede tassel loafers in the works.  Deciding between Graysons and Lake Shore Drive, thought they are essentially the same. 

 

Stock soles are different no? They might be on different lasts as well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...