or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 271  

post #4051 of 70737

Taking a closer looks at my shell leeds, I noticed it's not a bubble, but part of the leather is matted down and has a weird texture.  It's actually not that noticeable when I'm walking, but I'm worried it might be an issue over time as the rest of the shoe gets a patina and this part doesn't.  Does anyone hear know what this could be and if it's a "serious" defect?  

 

leeds 1.pngleeds 2.pngleeds 3.png

post #4052 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Ridgeway

 

Ridgeway.jpg




I have the black one on order. The red stitching on that shoe caught my eyes at the AE store. My feet love the #5 last.

post #4053 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Ridgeway

 

Ridgeway.jpg




I have the black one on order. The red stitching on that shoe caught my eyes at the AE store. My feet love the #5 last.

post #4054 of 70737



354
Some more AEs...

 

 

This was posted by bwp in the WAYWRN Shoe thread.  If this is the Rutledge, then AE's website photography does not do it justice.  What a great looking shoe!

 

 

post #4055 of 70737

asalerno I presume that is a scar, from when the animal was alive.  I had a similar mark, in a much more prominent location, on a pair of black Cambridges I ultimately returned. 

 

If it will bother you, attempt to exchange.  If it won't bother you, enjoy your new shell leeds (with character!)

 

post #4056 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post



354
Some more AEs...

 

 

This was posted by bwp in the WAYWRN Shoe thread.  If this is the Rutledge, then AE's website photography does not do it justice.  What a great looking shoe!

 

 



My bad.  It's the Evanston.  Cannot for the life of me understand why they discontinued this shoe.  baldy[1].gif

 

post #4057 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfit4me View Post




I have the black one on order. The red stitching on that shoe caught my eyes at the AE store. My feet love the #5 last.



I am likewise waiting for the waxy black Ridgeway.  Placed the order four weeks ago, but I canceled and re-ordered when I realized I had the sizing wrong.  So 2-4 weeks from now, maybe.

post #4058 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post




My bad.  It's the Evanston.  Cannot for the life of me understand why they discontinued this shoe.  baldy%5B1%5D.gif

I found that many shoes on the 0 last look bad in pictures but great on the foot. I still love my Manhattan in saddle tan leather.
post #4059 of 70737

After three trips to the AE store, I would say that most of the pictures in the web catalog are not very good.  The shoes look much better in real life.

post #4060 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

After three trips to the AE store, I would say that most of the pictures in the web catalog are not very good.  The shoes look much better in real life.



Isn't it amazing that they cannot figure out how to take good pictures?  I always go to Amazon or Zappos if I want good pictures of the shoe and its color.

 

post #4061 of 70737

+1

post #4062 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post




Isn't it amazing that they cannot figure out how to take good pictures?  I always go to Amazon or Zappos if I want good pictures of the shoe and its color.

rotflmao.gif
post #4063 of 70737
... Or this thread smile.gif
post #4064 of 70737


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

... Or this thread smile.gif


Especially pics of shell by bucksfan LOL. And others. Ordered the Black Hills today because of a post with pictures put up a few days ago. Received my Clifton's today and ordered them because of the reviews on here. But also received an email from the military exchange for the order I placed Friday for the newly released shell Park Avenues:

 

Per the vendor, the 5805 Park Avenue Black Shell Cordovan is no longer available. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

 

Strange. I believe the "rumor mill" on here is correct (first and foremost) despite the fact that they are on the AE web site under Cordovan it will be the middle of the month before they are really available. And likely at the sale price previously mentioned. Now to find a brown shell AE shoe I can't live without....

 

post #4065 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post


Especially pics of shell by bucksfan LOL. And others. Ordered the Black Hills today because of a post with pictures put up a few days ago. Received my Clifton's today and ordered them because of the reviews on here. But also received an email from the military exchange for the order I placed Friday for the newly released shell Park Avenues:

how do your cliftons fit? I really like the shoe and have been thinking about ordering it...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...