Am I silly to think that bluchers/derby's don't look good on smaller feet?
I don't really own any and I don't plan to own more outside of boots.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 1:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2700post #40486 of 707373/11/14 at 12:28pmpost #40487 of 707373/11/14 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by evilWagon
I need some opinions... Got my burg leeds and walnut strands from the recent seconds sale.
The Leeds I can live with, the strands I'm torn on.
Canted toe cap, this seems more noticeable than what I've seen on other seconds. It likely wouldn't bother me as much if the right shoe wasn't bang on and looks so much better as a result.
I love this colorpost #40488 of 707373/11/14 at 12:35pmQuote:
Pick whichever you like. Outside of something like a black PA or a wholecut, I don't really get the "no balmorals" with casual attires thing. I understand the history an formality behind it, but aesthetically, it just doesn't make that much difference most of the time.
Perhaps like you, I own 5 balmorals, one blucher, and 3 pairs of boots.post #40489 of 707373/11/14 at 12:36pmpost #40490 of 707373/11/14 at 1:22pmpost #40491 of 707373/11/14 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by hohneokc
New Dark Chocolate Daltons picked up today. I have the Cascades, but those are lower and far more casual. I am really liking these. I was wearing some medium gray wool slacks when I tried them on and it looked very nice.
I just put on a little AE Cleaner / Conditioner and buffed them.
These look fantastic. I've often thought that the Dalton would look great in a dark brown pebble grain, with storm welt and black Dainite. Do AE offer a dark brown pebble / scotch grain "type" leather? Would it be possible to have a Dalton with a Storm welt?post #40492 of 707373/11/14 at 1:31pmpost #40493 of 707373/11/14 at 1:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by evilWagon
Somewhat AE related as this will likely affect their distribution: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26537071
My understanding is that only a fraction of AE shoes in limited styles and sizes are being sold through the JAB. I don't anticipate any problem with the AE distribution due to the buyout, but this is just my speculation.post #40494 of 707373/11/14 at 1:41pm
Wow is there an article or something that just came out on Allen Edmonds shoes on Ebay...in the last week or so my size which usually sees light bidding action is filled with some terrible bidding practices...lol Great for the sellers though, I need to get my non-keepers up there fast :)post #40495 of 707373/11/14 at 1:45pmReceived my new Franciscan Monk Straps today. I needed a black pair of shoes that I could wear with a suit as well as jeans. These certainly fit the build! They are a tad loose but nothing that tongue pads could not remedy.
For those of you that have monk straps, do you slip them on and off or do you undo the strap every time? Just wondering what the masses are doing.
I also wanted to recognize the fantastic service I get from Kristle at the Jeffersonville location. She will always take time to answer any questions I have regarding fit and comparing different lasts to one another.post #40496 of 707373/11/14 at 1:49pmpost #40497 of 707373/11/14 at 1:51pmpost #40498 of 707373/11/14 at 2:26pmpost #40499 of 707373/11/14 at 2:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by mpatel
I understand that leather will indeed crease some, but today is only the 4th time I've worn them and am beginning to see these creases. Am I over thinking it, or is there something I should be doing to prevent this from happening. These are JAB AE Nathans 2nds btw.
EDIT: I use shoe trees after every wear.
Hopefully these are seconds, you got them at a significant discount, you can send them back because they have creases, you should expect to get new 1st back in cordovan and a full refund. Makes sense to me.post #40500 of 707373/11/14 at 3:22pm
What belts do you guys own/pair with your AEs? I bought the walnut Manistees to pair with my walnut Strands (not planning on getting another walnut shoe), bourbon Dearborn for my Mora 2s (I might get another bourbon shoe), just picked up the merlot Manistees on sale to go with the McAllisters I just bought (decided not to get another merlot after this). I bought a cheap reversible black/brown belt for my black McAllisters, but those broke, so now I'm looking to buy a quality black belt to match with the McAllisters and any black colored shoes I might purchase down the line. Any suggestions?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Pre-wash Raw Denim at Home? 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Suede Wingtip 10 11 18 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 27 minutes ago
- › Nespresso Club 30 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 37 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...