Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2694  

post #40396 of 70737

Got my Chili Shaker Heights from the sale on Saturday and thrilled with them - added some leather lotion to them then a very light covering with some Neutral AE polish...somehow either I misplaced or never got the Chili polish. Anyway they came with what seemed like some light burnishing on the toe area that faded as you moved up the shoe, more on the right boot more than the left. It looks really nice so when I get my shoe skills up a little more I may do a lite stripping of the finish then use my black brush and see if I can impart a little more.

 

Really shocked by how much I like these and ordered my standard shoe size - they fit perfect initially with dress socks but have loosened up a touch already so will see how they end up at the end of the day - I have socks for use just with boots which are thicker so I have no fear of them being too loose.

 

Such great products and service from AE at really stellar pricing - Could not be happier.....well once the Bourbon Daltons arrive I will be.

post #40397 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

I second this. I was in fact looking for the pictures last night myself too. 

Looks like a great all around summer shoe! Especially if one isn't a huge fan of boat shoes or in addition to them!

post #40398 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Looks like a great all around summer shoe! Especially if one isn't a huge fan of boat shoes or in addition to them!

I have an MTO request on them in the works

post #40399 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebs View Post
 

Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

I used the whole weekend to darken my chukkamoks and I really like how it turned out. Wore it with burgundy chinos to mass today.
13048564803_6a9defb461.jpg

What product did you use?  I think I'd like to try that with my brown neumoks I recently got via the 2nds sale.

 

I have the natural wax Mactavish and after using AE conditioner cleaner on them they are very close in color to the walnut MacNeil's now that they sit next to- I love the look however moving forward I test a spot on the shoe before covering the entire thing.

post #40400 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

I find it so odd because all of the photos they put out via the email marketing are beautiful and a much better representation of the shoes. I do not understand why they don't stick to photos like that for the website.

 

 

 

I've said exactly this a number of times... there is absolutely no logical reason for not sticking with this kind of photo.

post #40401 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

Fifth Streets ITW at O'Hare airport.  Picked these up for $149 from last week's Shoebank boot promotion.  I've experienced none of the squeaking or break-in issues others have reported.  Loving them so far!

 

I had squeaking in mine for a few wears... not noticeable by anyone other than myself, but after no more than 6 hours of wearing them ITW all is well. I really like them a lot!

post #40402 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

Good catch! :)  The left shoe came with a shorter lace.  I called the shoebank and they're going to send me a replacement pair of laces at no cost.  Gotta love the Shoebank customer service!

ummmmmm... if they had good customer service, you'd think they would have caught it BEFORE they sent you the shoe... just sayin...

post #40403 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post
 

ummmmmm... if they had good customer service, you'd think they would have caught it BEFORE they sent you the shoe... just sayin...

never confuse quality control with customer service :)

post #40404 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebs View Post

Originally Posted by watchidiot go_quote.gif


I used the whole weekend to darken my chukkamoks and I really like how it turned out. Wore it with burgundy chinos to mass today.
13048564803_6a9defb461.jpg
What product did you use?  I think I'd like to try that with my brown neumoks I recently got via the 2nds sale.

I used the AE conditioner cleaner. I think you would get the same result with Reno or VSC, but can't vouch for that since I haven't tried it yet.

Finished the toe with a bit of neutral kiwi just to give it a slight sheen.
post #40405 of 70737
Shell Townley Monday.
post #40406 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

never confuse quality control with customer service :)

I can't tell if you are serious or joking... so at the risk of being the butt of this joke I post the following:

 

Isn't quality control part of customer service? I mean, I get that they are different departments of the company, but generally speaking doesn't good quality control have a lot to do with having good customer service? 

 

for example: when I go to a restaurant and my food comes out cold, or missing something I can tell the waiter/waitress and it's certainly nice of them to take it back and re-do my order, but it would sure as heck be better if they had just gotten it right the first time.

 

I'm not complaining about AE. I've never had any of these issue... but don't you think it's a tad excessive to praise a company for fixing their own mistake? What has our world come to when people/companies fixing their own mistakes is a pleasant surprise to the one on the receiving end of the mistake?

post #40407 of 70737

Couldn't choose a boot brand or style so decided to try them all… This is what I call a leather addiction! LOL! 

 

post #40408 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post
 

I can't tell if you are serious or joking... so at the risk of being the butt of this joke I post the following:

 

Isn't quality control part of customer service? I mean, I get that they are different departments of the company, but generally speaking doesn't good quality control have a lot to do with having good customer service? 

 

for example: when I go to a restaurant and my food comes out cold, or missing something I can tell the waiter/waitress and it's certainly nice of them to take it back and re-do my order, but it would sure as heck be better if they had just gotten it right the first time.

 

I'm not complaining about AE. I've never had any of these issue... but don't you think it's a tad excessive to praise a company for fixing their own mistake? What has our world come to when people/companies fixing their own mistakes is a pleasant surprise to the one on the receiving end of the mistake?

 

I was being serious in that I do not deem customer service and quality control as the same. My expectations for quality control go down the more produced something is....so while AE has this small feel to them they do produce a ton of shoes - They are everywhere from discount retailers to online to mall stores. So I do not expect every stitch to be perfect nor every lace that is three inches shorter to be noticed. AE is priced accordingly to their production volume and seems to do their best to ensure that their customer service compensates for the mild inconvenience of a some quality control issues slipping through.

 

That is just my feeling and certainly understand the flip side of the coin.

post #40409 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

 

I was being serious in that I do not deem customer service and quality control as the same. My expectations for quality control go down the more produced something is....so while AE has this small feel to them they do produce a ton of shoes - They are everywhere from discount retailers to online to mall stores. So I do not expect every stitch to be perfect nor every lace that is three inches shorter to be noticed. AE is priced accordingly to their production volume and seems to do their best to ensure that their customer service compensates for the mild inconvenience of a some quality control issues slipping through.

 

That is just my feeling and certainly understand the flip side of the coin.

I don't disagree with anything here. I'm not anal about my shoes, I don't send them back unless there is a serious and obvious defect.

 

I have no problem with AE whatsoever (other than the website photo thing, but that is a problem that lots of websites have).

post #40410 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Does anyone have pics of the Addison in the wild?
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF4614_1_40000000001_-1_

I read this real quick and thought it said does anyone have pics of "Allison" in the wild. Imagine my surprise when I clicked on the link and saw a shoe. shog[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...