So, was wondering what everyone's favorite last is. I've become familiar with the 1, 2, 5, and 7, and out of all of those, the 5 seems to be the best fit for me. Black McTavishes-- they feel like silk all day.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 270post #4037 of 707373/31/12 at 2:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Cross posted from "unexpected encounters with celebrities"
So I went to the tiny Allen Edmonds store off Madison Ave. in midtown Manhattan yesterday afternoon to kill some time before meeting the wife for dinner.
In walks Steve Weatherford - the NY Giants punter, who was great in the Super Bowl run. So great that that he got the franchise tag and will be paid $2.5 million a year.
He was really cool with the SA helping him. The SA didn't remember his name, but kept introducing him enthusiastically to his colleagues as "the Giants punter."
I left before he bought anything, but he was trying on something two-toned like the Broadstreet.
He's that ---- that ran around like an idiot in the NFC championship game, right? Was he also the punter last year that punted to Desean Jackson and lost the game when he was told not to?post #4038 of 707373/31/12 at 2:59pmQuote:
The 222 is he only one I can't wear comfortably, I tried Lombards and Van Ness. My absolute favorite last is the 5, though the 7 and 1 are right there too.post #4039 of 707373/31/12 at 3:01pmpost #4040 of 707373/31/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yes and no.
He ran around screaming "we're going to the F'n Superbowl!!!!"
He did NOT punt to Desean Jackson last year. The Giants cut that punter and signed Weatherford this season. The guy is freakin' awesome - check out his stats in the NFC Championship game and Superbowl - he had a ton of punts inside the 20.post #4041 of 707373/31/12 at 3:16pmQuote:Quote:
I've only tried Last 5 - just so happens all the shoes I like are in that last.post #4042 of 707373/31/12 at 3:22pmpost #4043 of 707373/31/12 at 4:15pmpost #4044 of 707374/1/12 at 12:05am
I was at the AE store today. Tried on the navy suede Players Shoe. It looks great. The #2 last has a nice shape to it, but it is a tight fitting shoe. I tried the 11D (which is much too big for me in the #5 last), and it was snug in the heel and tight in the toe box. Unfortunately, they did not have a larger shoe for me to try on.
I also laid hands on the Ridgeway limited edition. They had a waxy black, brown, and olive sample. The pictures on the website do not do them justice. The black shoe features a red welt and red contrast stitching. The brown shoe features a bright yellow/orange contrast stitch. These are not your grandfather's shoes. While nontraditional, they were pleasing to look at. I took a crappy bleached out cell phone photo which I will post when I find a WiFi connection.post #4045 of 707374/1/12 at 9:46ampost #4046 of 707374/1/12 at 10:44amIf anyone's looking for brand new:
Strands in Walnut 9D (have 2 of them), 10D
Strands in Burnish Brown 8.5D
I have them for sale for $220 shipped CONUS.
I will also have Brand New marked "seconds" but no flaws whatso ever:
Black Park Aves - 8D, 8.5D, 9E, 9.5D
** will have these in a week... Shoot me PMspost #4047 of 707374/1/12 at 11:27amQuote:
In addition to the last, the lacing pattern/construction can have a large impact on fit for me. Bluchers in the #5 last work well but balmorals, not so much. I'm very impressed with the fit of my new Leeds (blucher #1 last). They fit as well as any shoe I own. I may have to look at some other #1 last models.post #4048 of 707374/1/12 at 5:25pmpost #4049 of 707374/1/12 at 5:35pmpost #4050 of 707374/1/12 at 6:13pm
Quote:Originally Posted by patrick_b
In addition to the last, the lacing pattern/construction can have a large impact on fit for me. Bluchers in the #5 last work well but balmorals, not so much. I'm very impressed with the fit of my new Leeds (blucher #1 last). They fit as well as any shoe I own. I may have to look at some other #1 last models.
Coincidentally I recently discovered the reverse was true for me. Not that there is anything wrong with the #1 last fit on me but the 5 feels like a very custom fit in comparison. However that is only based on 2 shoes on the 5 last. The Leeds was one of the first AE shoes I purchased and is a good fit on me, as are most on the #1. But when I got the Shelton (balmoral #1) I had a similar experience as you at first, not so much. After a couple of weeks it got better and several years later is normal but it had me worried at first. Could also be the stiff cobbler leather on the Shelton had to break in and mold to my foot. Currently the McAllister (balmoral #5) is the best fitting shoe I own which is why I am now exploring the shoes on the #5 last. As PhiPsi32 said, that last opens up a lot of options.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Any One for a Scotch? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › NIB Junkard Berry Shell Cordovan Size 42 (US 9) 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 18 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...