Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 2:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2682post #40217 of 707373/6/14 at 8:35pmpost #40218 of 707373/6/14 at 8:55pmTonight, i got my Kenwood from the clearance sale... At first, i was a bit disapointed as the color dosent match at all the picture on the website(on the picture it show a brown/redwine when i got a wallnut brown mixed with a liytle bit of black between the grain)
But except that issue which is not a real one... The construction of the shoes look so sturdy and well made! More or less like my bally loaffer.. I try them and they are so comfortable! This is amazing! A little bit small at first on the right shoes but wow very comfy shoes!
At the end, i found the color original and not common....
For the price (117$)i m going to keep them quietly!
Can't wait to get my strandmok!post #40219 of 707373/6/14 at 9:06pmQuote:
I was an engineer before I went full-time in ministry. I still teach part time as an adjunct professor which is how I pay for clothes and such for me and my family.post #40220 of 707373/6/14 at 9:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nakedsnake
The brown shell and chocolate are close (from what i've seen in pictures). I just find brown amazingly versatile, and I LOVE shell, but bought the walnut calf daltons before I knew what shell was. Ideally, I would have walnut shell daltons, but those are a bit of a pipe dream at this time. Get the Walnut ones, you won't regret it one bit. I posted a picture of mine, next to my brown long branches and burgundy shell daltons, about a week ago, you should be able to find it and check it out. I swapped in some flat navy laces, and they look even better. To repeat, get the walnut ones, and you will NOT regret it.
Curveball with the seconds sale. Found the Chocolate Daltons and the Navy Cronmok at a great deal, Torn on the Cronmok, I just picked up my second Clark's DB to wear as a casual chukka beater. Might be overkill to get the Cronmok....post #40221 of 707373/6/14 at 10:03pmQuote:
Wow, what kind of engineering? I was just joshing you anyway, don't ask me how I buy AE shoes on a musician's incomepost #40222 of 707373/6/14 at 10:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by DNSamurai
Action shot at the office. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Samurai, those Brown Shell Strands are magnificent. I am super close to pulling the trigger on a MTO Strand. I just need to wait a little longer as I bought 5 more shoes in the last week and a half and I have 2 Aldens currently in production... :-/Quote:Originally Posted by tifosi
My freshly paste waxed Cambridge I gave a sneak peek at last night. I'm happy with the results.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tif, those Cambridges do have a nice shine to them now. The trick was just a pidge of paste wax then?Quote:Originally Posted by Pastor
It's nasty and rainy outside so I polished some of my shoes. I decided to take a partial family pic. Sorry they are such bad pics
Here are my Allen Edmonds shell shoes. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Walnut Dalton, Cap Dundee, Cap Jefferson, Brown Patriot, #8 Patriot, #8 Leeds, #8 Bradley, Black PA
Here are all my shell shoes
Top Row is same as above
Alden: #8 Captoe Boot, Ravello WT Boot, Cigar Indy, Cigar LWB, #8 LWB
Carmina: Blue Single Monk, Ruby Captoe
Pastor, you have yourself quite a collection there. Not an AE, but those Ravello WT Boots are awesome.
-Mikepost #40223 of 707373/6/14 at 11:13pmQuote:
Great pick up. You won't regret the Chocolate Dalton (or any dalton besides grey really). And for me that would be an easy choice, I would skip the cronmok, at just about any price, its just not a shoe that appeals to me. In my opinion, many other foot coverings I would rather put my funds towards, and lots of those are from AE. One tip i've learned with my shoe indulgences; just because something is on sale, and its temping, is not a good enough reason to buy it. If you don't love the make up (thats not to say someone cant love 5,10,50,100 makes ups), it will end up being money you wish you'd spent on something better/nicer/better fitting/ etc. I have a few AEs that seemed great at the time, but not, they hardly ever get worn. If I could do it all over again, of my current 9 AE models, I would keep 5, maybe 4. So if you're really on the fence about the cronmok, i'd skip it. Another sale will surely come, and if you are still yearning for it, pick it up then.post #40224 of 707373/7/14 at 3:16ampost #40225 of 707373/7/14 at 4:45amQuote:Originally Posted by Nakedsnake
Great pick up. You won't regret the Chocolate Dalton (or any dalton besides grey really). And for me that would be an easy choice, I would skip the cronmok, at just about any price, its just not a shoe that appeals to me. In my opinion, many other foot coverings I would rather put my funds towards, and lots of those are from AE. One tip i've learned with my shoe indulgences; just because something is on sale, and its temping, is not a good enough reason to buy it. If you don't love the make up (thats not to say someone cant love 5,10,50,100 makes ups), it will end up being money you wish you'd spent on something better/nicer/better fitting/ etc. I have a few AEs that seemed great at the time, but not, they hardly ever get worn. If I could do it all over again, of my current 9 AE models, I would keep 5, maybe 4. So if you're really on the fence about the cronmok, i'd skip it. Another sale will surely come, and if you are still yearning for it, pick it up then.
This is spot on advice. I think everyone goes through this phase where you buy quantity because of price. Then you realize later what you really like and change the value proposition for yourself.
I'd add to this that I've learned to become ruthless with fit. It has to fit well, or it's a no go.post #40226 of 707373/7/14 at 6:11amQuote:
I really enjoyed wearing them for the first time yesterday. I could tell right away how versatile they will be. Besides black pants, I think they will work with anything.post #40227 of 707373/7/14 at 6:40ampost #40228 of 707373/7/14 at 6:46ampost #40229 of 707373/7/14 at 6:52ampost #40230 of 707373/7/14 at 6:58am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 17 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 17 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 17 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...