or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2680  

post #40186 of 70737

Question for you guys,

 

I'm looking between the Strandmok 9.5 D and the Randolph 9.5D

 

With my Strand, i wear them in 9.5E and they are in suede, and the McNeils in 9.5D

 

What is the best bet between those 2?

 

Thanks

post #40187 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xchange View Post

Here we go,

Yesterday i took out of their box, my brand new Strand Brown Suede with Dainite Sole.

First they where a little bit tight but they loosen up all along the day, which was more comfortable.

I found the Dainite Sole very nice, give more or less the same aspect as a true leather sole but with the durability.

BTW, they are not a good choice to wear with suite and work better with chino or jeans.

Coming next, my McNeil Wallnut and my Kenwood Loafer...

I'm considering also picking up a pair of strandmok blue which they are in clearance section and look gorgous! 

So far i love the Strand and found the McNeil a little bit more bulky.

What you guys think about the Franciscian ?



I have the snuff Strand, the Kenwoods, and the Strandmok in Navy. I also have the Player's belt in Snuff suede on order. The Strand and Strandmok are on the same last and I take a 8D. However, the Kenwood I fit into an 8.5D, but probably should have went with an 8E. I'm not a big fan of Monk Straps, my next purchase will probably be the Rush Streets. Have fun with your kicks.
post #40188 of 70737

Decided to take the plunge on a pair of brown Fifth Streets from the current Shoebank boot sale.  $149 was too hard to pass up for such a beautiful shoe that I can wear with a suit or slacks.  I'll post pics when I receive them.

post #40189 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Y View Post


I have the snuff Strand, the Kenwoods, and the Strandmok in Navy. I also have the Player's belt in Snuff suede on order. The Strand and Strandmok are on the same last and I take a 8D. However, the Kenwood I fit into an 8.5D, but probably should have went with an 8E. I'm not a big fan of Monk Straps, my next purchase will probably be the Rush Streets. Have fun with your kicks.

Thanks, 


Well where i m not sure about the srandmok is they are unconstructed (not sure what does this mean) so i expect them to be a little bit more expendable on the front, where my feet is wider.

 

I tried to Franciscian in 9.5D and they where very tight in the wider section of my foot, resulting in hurt. 

 

Or i have to go with the Strandmok 10D .. but not sure

post #40190 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
 

Thanks, 


Well where i m not sure about the srandmok is they are unconstructed (not sure what does this mean) so i expect them to be a little bit more expendable on the front, where my feet is wider.

 

I tried to Franciscian in 9.5D and they where very tight in the wider section of my foot, resulting in hurt. 

 

Or i have to go with the Strandmok 10D .. but not sure

 

The Strandmok is built on the same last as the Strand (big surprise), except there is no leather lining. Unconstructed means there only the single layer of leather. That makes them flexible/lighter, but it may change the fit. Why didn't you go up to a 9.5E in the Franciscan? That last may not work for you, but honestly it sounds like you just need to go to a wider size. No big deal. AE has lots. 

post #40191 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeheartny View Post
 

 

The Strandmok is built on the same last as the Strand (big surprise), except there is no leather lining. Unconstructed means there only the single layer of leather. That makes them flexible/lighter, but it may change the fit. Why didn't you go up to a 9.5E in the Franciscan? That last may not work for you, but honestly it sounds like you just need to go to a wider size. No big deal. AE has lots. 

So if i understand correclty, the single layer of leather mean more room for the feet right?

 

The Franciscian are on my list, but... i was not an AE fan until last week... in 6days, i bought 4pairs of AE shoes...which is quite a lot :)

 

All of this because my old but comfy beater Lacoste boat where dead 2weeks ago...i had to buy new shoes... i went into a Clarks Store where

i got a black winglet model, then got a wallnut Cole Haan loafer and found them comfy... and finally fall in love with 1 wallnut McNeils, 1 Strand suede chocolate and the brown kenwood...

 

I spent a lot on shoes those last weeks lol

 

But i love the Strandmok a lot... in same time, i need a black pair to add in my collection.. 

post #40192 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xchange View Post

So if i understand correclty, the single layer of leather mean more room for the feet right?

This is what I've found, but not a size difference worth.
Quote:
But i love the Strandmok a lot... in same time, i need a black pair to add in my collection.. 

The Strandmoks feel like slippers, they're a very comfortable and light.
post #40193 of 70737

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Y View Post


I have the snuff Strand, the Kenwoods, and the Strandmok in Navy. I also have the Player's belt in Snuff suede on order. The Strand and Strandmok are on the same last and I take a 8D. However, the Kenwood I fit into an 8.5D, but probably should have went with an 8E. I'm not a big fan of Monk Straps, my next purchase will probably be the Rush Streets. Have fun with your kicks.

 

It is amazing how different the AE photo of Rush St looks compared to real world photo's color wise - It is like they ran the photo through Photo-shops Auto Contrast filter...ah what the hell I am going to do that right now with a picture of the shoe from Ebay........I do have a pair of Rush st seconds on the way to me so will soon in person soon enough

 

Ebay picture

 

Allen Edmonds Picture

 


Ebay picture through PhotoShop Autotone-autocontrast filter

post #40194 of 70737

Finally, i gave a call to AE asking if they had any Strandmok in 9.5 E left anywhere in store and only 1 pair where left in Wisconsin.

 

Next one need to be a black loaffer or the Wallnut Franciscian...

post #40195 of 70737

I love the walnut Franciscian...or the Mora 2 bourbon and I hated shoes with buckles only a few months ago...

post #40196 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

It is amazing how different the AE photo of Rush St looks compared to real world photo's color wise - It is like they ran the photo through Photo-shops Auto Contrast filter...ah what the hell I am going to do that right now with a picture of the shoe from Ebay........I do have a pair of Rush st seconds on the way to me so will soon in person soon enough

Ebay picture



Allen Edmonds Picture





Ebay picture through PhotoShop Autotone-autocontrast filter


Am a noob to the thread so am sorry if this has been discussed already at length but AE's website pics are just god-awful, atrocious, hideously bad. Everything - or almost everything - looks FAR better IRL. I think that's why 2 of my 3 pairs of AE are from BB online --- the pictures were decent. They should really overhaul their site ASAP.
post #40197 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Am a noob to the thread so am sorry if this has been discussed already at length but AE's website pics are just god-awful, atrocious, hideously bad. Everything - or almost everything - looks FAR better IRL. I think that's why 2 of my 3 pairs of AE are from BB online --- the pictures were decent. They should really overhaul their site ASAP.
Oh yea...it's been discussed here! And I agree.
post #40198 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

It is amazing how different the AE photo of Rush St looks compared to real world photo's color wise - It is like they ran the photo through Photo-shops Auto Contrast filter...ah what the hell I am going to do that right now with a picture of the shoe from Ebay........I do have a pair of Rush st seconds on the way to me so will soon in person soon enough

Ebay picture



Allen Edmonds Picture





Ebay picture through PhotoShop Autotone-autocontrast filter


Wow, that's quite a difference. The eBay picture seems a bit dull. I've yet to see these shoes in person. There is only one AE store in the Phoenix area, and Nordstroms didn't have the Rush Street.
post #40199 of 70737

A while ago on here someone posted a link to these insoles. I was about to order a pair but several of the reviews say they run small and to order a size up. Did anyone find that to be true? What size did you order compared to your normal foot/shoe size? Thanks!

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E5320A/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post #40200 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Y View Post


Wow, that's quite a difference. The eBay picture seems a bit dull. I've yet to see these shoes in person. There is only one AE store in the Phoenix area, and Nordstroms didn't have the Rush Street.

 

Real life pictures of golden brown CXL!

 

My MTO Promontory Point boots. I posted these in the MTO thread, but it's relevant here at the moment. 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...