Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 4/28/16 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 12:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2678post #40156 of 707373/6/14 at 7:15ampost #40157 of 707373/6/14 at 7:25ampost #40158 of 707373/6/14 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Kahuna75
I ordered Dalton Boots Bourbon and Chili Shaker Heights....it was very hard not go Walnut Daltons also....LOL I am such a loser -
I know they do not get much love but I really dig my Navy Morgans sporting today- some day soon I would like to figure out how to get some of the black off and allow more of the Navy to shine through.
Do you have a pic of your Navy Morgans? I think the reason they're not getting much love around here is because..well..they look like crap in their 'wild' pics (at least the brown ones). Would love to see a pic that shows otherwise.post #40159 of 707373/6/14 at 7:52amWhile I can't say a Dainite replacement sole is more economical than just replacing rubber half-soles, it is extremely hard wearing and will last much longer than even JR soles. It might last you as long as a couple leather sole recrafts. I've since turned into a loyal customer and a shoe offering a Dainite sole is a huge plus for me.post #40160 of 707373/6/14 at 7:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Kahuna75
I love the burgundy/black combo and want a pair of Broadstreets in that makeup - had they offered burgundy in the $199 Neumok sale I would have jumped on it - of course a phone call to AE probably would have gotten it done but I am sticking to the not available story for my wallet
I really really wanted the MacNeils in burgundy when they were a webgem late last year, but had a cashflow problem with my wallet at the time, so I could never justify it. If anyone every wants to sell burgundy MacNeils in 8.5D, I'm interested.post #40161 of 707373/6/14 at 7:59am
Here we go,
Yesterday i took out of their box, my brand new Strand Brown Suede with Dainite Sole.
First they where a little bit tight but they loosen up all along the day, which was more comfortable.
I found the Dainite Sole very nice, give more or less the same aspect as a true leather sole but with the durability.
BTW, they are not a good choice to wear with suite and work better with chino or jeans.
Coming next, my McNeil Wallnut and my Kenwood Loafer...
I'm considering also picking up a pair of strandmok blue which they are in clearance section and look gorgous!
So far i love the Strand and found the McNeil a little bit more bulky.
What you guys think about the Franciscian ?post #40162 of 707373/6/14 at 8:06amQuote:Originally Posted by watchidiot
Posted a question on the MTO thread, but I think I should have posted it here since the question isn't really an MTO question but a sizing question.
I'm trying to get my wife a pair of Allen Edmonds boots, the Eagle County which is on the 2 last. She measures 6.5C on the brannock but unfortunately they don't have a that size in the 2-last. They do have a 6D though.
On a 2 lasted boot, would wearing a 6D vary that much with a 6.5C? The 2 last looks like it wears long on the toes so I don't think half a size smaller would create problems on the toe box. I'm thinking that this being a boot, the increase in width would not greatly impact or cause heel slippage. She will also primarily use this boot when we travel to cold countries so I assume she's wearing thick socks. I need someone with a clear head as I'm drunk with the idea to get my wife some AE shoes so she will realize how good they are and she may even stop looking over my shoulder whenever i make shoe purchases hehe (probably not).
I measure 8.5C on the brannock and have difficulty wearing the 8D in the 2 last. The 2 last is long but the taper of the toebox is sharp so my pinky hits leather. I think this is why people say the 2 last is narrow. The 8.5D in the 2 last is good from a length perspective but does have bit of volume for me. I think you can compensate with an insole and as you said thicker socks. Also important to note is that you need to measure arch length as well to make sure the widest part of the feet hits the right spot in the shoe. The toe length is not so critical because as you said the toebox is elongated. I don't have a 2 last but have tried the San Marco in the past.post #40163 of 707373/6/14 at 8:10amQuote:Originally Posted by uunngghh
While I can't say a Dainite replacement sole is more economical than just replacing rubber half-soles, it is extremely hard wearing and will last much longer than even JR soles. It might last you as long as a couple leather sole recrafts. I've since turned into a loyal customer and a shoe offering a Dainite sole is a huge plus for me.
I have the Dainite on a pair and love them also in fact I think I have a pair that is done similar to the V-tred but with Dainite. I think with the number of shoes in my rotation sole wear should not be too much of a concern however I find the non slip factor a huge plus.post #40164 of 707373/6/14 at 8:21amQuote:
Took two pictures and the flash makes them appear way ore Navy then they are so this is the unflashed versionpost #40165 of 707373/6/14 at 8:33ampost #40166 of 707373/6/14 at 8:36amQuote:
I'm not sure. Originally I had wanted something more like that look, but now that I have them I love them. It depends how formal you want them, I'd think. Right now I feel like I could wear these with a very large range of clothes.post #40167 of 707373/6/14 at 8:46ampost #40168 of 707373/6/14 at 8:48amQuote:Originally Posted by DNSamurai
Brown shell Strands have landed. These are seconds; the SA said there was a crease on the right shoe, but nothing else she could see. The crease is definitely there, but it doesn't look bad at all in person.
I think these are definitely keepers. Will be returning the brown shell Jeffersons, which appeared flawless, just not quite my taste.
These are slicker than an oil spill.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those are great! Look fine to me. If I had to pick one shoe from the standard AE lineup as most impressive, this is it. The style and leather combination are just a knockout. Somehow, I still have not added it to my collection, though...post #40169 of 707373/6/14 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Odradek
The rubber heel insert has just fallen off one of my Brooks Brothers AE Sheltons.
They are about 6 months old and worn about every 10 days or so. Less over the winter.
Is this normal wear and tear? Seems a bit drastic to me.
Bought them as seconds from the Jeffersonville store, but surely that shouldn't make a difference to their longevity.
I had a similar problem with some Bradley's and I just grabbed some super glue and popped the insert back in with no problems since.post #40170 of 707373/6/14 at 9:11am
I'm considering buying a pair of Cronmok's in brown. I'd like to get a richer/darker color and am considering using polish/cream to dye them a bit/darken them up. Can anyone recommend a product/specific polish that might work for this?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Video Games 40 seconds ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 18 minutes ago
- › Shirt Fit Help 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 21 minutes ago
- › Carmina string loafer in snuff suede- a nice pair for summer! 22 minutes ago
- › Young casual streetwear/ club clothing 26 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › Allen Edmonds fit & sizing help