or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2674  

post #40096 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

I don't have any bourbon nor did I ever have a huge want for them. But I figure they're close enough to my chocolates that I should go with walnut for the range. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
bourbon is not close to chocolate at all, its only subtly different than walnut.
post #40097 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Pics?

 

 

They actually look to have more shine in the picture...

 

Interesting - that color looks very different from my two bourbon pairs (unless that's a trick of the lighting).  If it were me I'd give them a good conditioning and then hit them with the bourbon polish.

post #40098 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

I've just kopped two pairs of Alden CXL LWBs (navy and natty), giving me a total of five.  I also have a few Rancourts and more in the works.

The rest of the space is taken up by Billy Reid (double monks), J. Crew (bucks), BB (nubucks and boat shoes), a bunch of sneakers (Vans, Keds, etc.), a pair of Wolverine 1K boots, some cheap but decent Cole-Haan spectators, a couple of throwaway summer saddles from Bass.  Maybe a few more that I'm forgetting.

And, three remaining spaces are reserved for unusual shell from AE and Alden - e.g., I'm on a couple of Alden lists.  Maaaaybe a particularly good Webgem.

As for why none of them look worn . . . a fair number of them haven't been yet, actually (e.g., I kopped heavily during the $299 shell seconds sale).  Almost the entire collection was built from scratch in 18 months!
That's just sickening, .125 - 18 months, a lifetime of shoes. Colour me impressed, sir! Between you and Polojock, I will never consider myself 'addicted'!!! (just an aspiring addict; addict apprentice; junkie-in-training!) You guys do stoke the flames decidedly, however. Whatever you do professionally, keep doing it; my wallet is in a sleeper hold right about now. I'll use a couple 2nds returns to fund my next shell acquisition!

Oh, BTW... black shell Randolph or burgundy shell Patriot?

:cheers:

Regarding your loafer question . . . I'm not a loafer guy so I couldn't comment as to which one to go with, but I would think burgundy shell would be a better choice than black . . .

post #40099 of 70737
RL Sanderson (by AE) waiting at the DMV ... and waiting ... and waiting ... and waaaaaiting ... .

post #40100 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

AE community, I'm looking at getting a burgundy shell Patriot or a black shell Randolph right now... Looking for some feedback from owners of either shoe to aid in my decision making. Only other shoe I have in black is a plain captoe blucher Santoni. My only other burgundy is a shell Cambridge. Need a versatile loafer.

Also, how does the last on either fit compared to the 5 last? I wear an 11.5E in the Cambridge... what size should I go for?

Patriot works better for me, but I think it all depends on your individual foot.  I'm a 9D in the 5 last and the Patriots in 9D fit as well (also a 9D on the brannock device).  I tried the Randolph a few months ago in 9D and couldn't get it to work, as my heel kept slipping.  I have a relatively low-volume foot / low arches, and the Patriot seems to be better for that type of foot.  If you have a higher arch, Randolph may work better.

post #40101 of 70737
Just got my rothsay MTO. Got it at the clearance price. More pics later. Really dig the look so far.

ne3egate.jpg
post #40102 of 70737

UGH - all of a sudden Shaker Heights in Chili is crawling into my pea sized brain.....So besides the answer of all three...Which would you choose? I have zero pairing issues to match them with. I have no boots in any of the below colors currently.

 

Dalton - Walnut

Dalton Bourbon

Shaker Heights Chili

post #40103 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis534 View Post

Just got my rothsay MTO. Got it at the clearance price. More pics later. Really dig the look so far.

ne3egate.jpg

 

Sweet!  Be sure to post this in the MTO thread too:  http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread

post #40104 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

UGH - all of a sudden Shaker Heights in Chili is crawling into my pea sized brain.....So besides the answer of all three...Which would you choose? I have zero pairing issues to match them with. I have no boots in any of the below colors currently.

 

Dalton - Walnut

Dalton Bourbon

Shaker Heights Chili

 

Sorry but there is no other answer.

 

Srsly, tho, you probably don't have to have both Daltons.  If you have more non-boot bourbons than walnuts, I'd pick the walnuts, and vice versa.

post #40105 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis534 View Post

Just got my rothsay MTO. Got it at the clearance price. More pics later. Really dig the look so far.

ne3egate.jpg

Never thought the Rothsay could look this good. Well done!!!!

post #40106 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Sorry but there is no other answer.

 

Srsly, tho, you probably don't have to have both Daltons.  If you have more non-boot bourbons than walnuts, I'd pick the walnuts, and vice versa.


Good answer....I have three pair of walnut's and only the Fifth Street in Bourbon. While I am not on your pace to building a collection my pace is far exceeding my brain to keep them all into what makes sense.

 

I have considered a custom black/burgundy shell or calf or burgundy/bourbon Dalton MTO....the only thing about this shoe thing unlike my wine thing is at least I will have these long term :)

post #40107 of 70737

That Rothsay is nice looking...well done

post #40108 of 70737
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I couldn't find a dedicated thread and didn't want to star a new one.

I have a pair of suede Player's shoes that I need resoled, but with a rubber sole instead of the original leather one. I e-mailed AE and asked if I could get them resoled with Dainite soles, but that isn't one of the options (options are VIP rubber, V-tread rubber, Othello rubber, Toby mini-lug rubber). Has anyone done this before and any recommendations on which one to choose?

Thanks.
post #40109 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan'l View Post

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I couldn't find a dedicated thread and didn't want to star a new one.

I have a pair of suede Player's shoes that I need resoled, but with a rubber sole instead of the original leather one. I e-mailed AE and asked if I could get them resoled with Dainite soles, but that isn't one of the options (options are VIP rubber, V-tread rubber, Othello rubber, Toby mini-lug rubber). Has anyone done this before and any recommendations on which one to choose?

Thanks.
You would do well to stay far away from the Othello sole. I liked it at first, but it wore through on my Wilberts within two years and was disturbingly hollow -- small pebbles took up residence in my heel.

Rather than sending them back to Allen Edmonds, I used B. Nelson in NYC and was very pleased.
post #40110 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


You would do well to stay far away from the Othello sole. I liked it at first, but it wore through on my Wilberts within two years and was disturbingly hollow -- small pebbles took up residence in my heel.

Rather than sending them back to Allen Edmonds, I used B. Nelson in NYC and was very pleased.

 

While I have not received my Nettleton's back yet from B Nelson - the fact that they called me to discuss the shoe in detail left me with a great impression - I have a few AE shoes I plan to send them for new soles for the exact same reason as I want the Danite or something similar.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...