or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2672  

post #40066 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post
 

I'm wrestling between walnut and chocolate daltons. I've seen a lot of love for the chocolate daltons but they seem on the pretty dark side of brown. Any convincing arguments one way or the other?


I have the Walnut ones. I love them, and am very glad I got walnut. I was vexed, like you, between walnut and chocolate. In my opinion, chocolate is more versatile, and it can be paired with more things more easily. That being said, the Walnut ones really pop, and are one of my favorite boots, great for slightly more casual endeavors. If I could do it all over again, I would have gotten MTO brown shell daltons I think.

post #40067 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post
 


I have the Walnut ones. I love them, and am very glad I got walnut. I was vexed, like you, between walnut and chocolate. In my opinion, chocolate is more versatile, and it can be paired with more things more easily. That being said, the Walnut ones really pop, and are one of my favorite boots, great for slightly more casual endeavors. If I could do it all over again, I would have gotten MTO brown shell daltons I think.

 

I think I was in the same boat as you. I prefer the walnut for the pop, but worry it won't be versatile enough. Conversely I wonder if the chocolate is a bit too dark. I would think brown shell and chocolate but probably be close on the colour spectrum.

post #40068 of 70737
Just posted photos of my promontory point MTO on the AE MTO thread. Came in today and I can't wait to wear them this weekend
post #40069 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post
 

 

I think I was in the same boat as you. I prefer the walnut for the pop, but worry it won't be versatile enough. Conversely I wonder if the chocolate is a bit too dark. I would think brown shell and chocolate but probably be close on the colour spectrum.

The brown shell and chocolate are close (from what i've seen in pictures). I just find brown amazingly versatile, and I LOVE shell, but bought the walnut calf daltons before I knew what shell was. Ideally, I would have walnut shell daltons, but those are a bit of a pipe dream at this time. Get the Walnut ones, you won't regret it one bit. I posted a picture of mine, next to my brown long branches and burgundy shell daltons, about a week ago, you should be able to find it and check it out. I swapped in some flat navy laces, and they look even better. To repeat, get the walnut ones, and you will NOT regret it.

post #40070 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

I agree pretty sh#/!! Mardi Gras definitely commando or lug sole material. Enjoyed it but I am ready to have the city back.The canal st. store really misses juan in my opinion. CS has taken a bit of a dip. Hard to believe the hanover and mora 2.0 are the same color. Maybe add a clifton?

 

The Clifton is a handsome shoe, but what I'd really love to get my hands on is a Townley.  Would that they bring it back someday . . . 

post #40071 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Ok thanks.

By the way, anyone got any pictures of some walnut Daltons that they have antiqued some? The regular walnut is a bit flat for my tastes.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

I really want a burgundy Dalton...don't think I will find it in this sale though...May have to save my pennies for a rainy day and do a Cordovan Burgundy Dalton. If the Cronmok in blue is available in my size perhaps will give that a go-

 

I have Black Daltons, Brown Long Branches and Black Carson Cities not sure I need any others...though a walnut Dalton may be nice too.....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post
I have the Walnut ones. I love them, and am very glad I got walnut. I was vexed, like you, between walnut and chocolate. In my opinion, chocolate is more versatile, and it can be paired with more things more easily. That being said, the Walnut ones really pop, and are one of my favorite boots, great for slightly more casual endeavors. If I could do it all over again, I would have gotten MTO brown shell daltons I think.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post
I think I was in the same boat as you. I prefer the walnut for the pop, but worry it won't be versatile enough. Conversely I wonder if the chocolate is a bit too dark. I would think brown shell and chocolate but probably be close on the colour spectrum.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post
The brown shell and chocolate are close (from what i've seen in pictures). I just find brown amazingly versatile, and I LOVE shell, but bought the walnut calf daltons before I knew what shell was. Ideally, I would have walnut shell daltons, but those are a bit of a pipe dream at this time. Get the Walnut ones, you won't regret it one bit. I posted a picture of mine, next to my brown long branches and burgundy shell daltons, about a week ago, you should be able to find it and check it out. I swapped in some flat navy laces, and they look even better. To repeat, get the walnut ones, and you will NOT regret it.

 

No love for the bourbon Daltons?  Had I not kopped my walnuts, I would have been all over the bourbons.  I'm still not 100% certain I chose correctly!

post #40072 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris45 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Here are the specs:

 

1095 BROWN SHELL CORDOVAN

TONE ON TONE UPPER STITCHING

BROWN SPLIT REVERSE WELT

BROWN LEATHER INSOLE

BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING

DOUBLE RENDENBACH OUTSOLE WITH COMBO HEEL

 

Basically, I told her I wanted what they would look like if they just sold them stock (as IMO they should).  The only thing I might have done differently in retrospect is to ask for wheeled edges, but they'll be just fine without them.

 

Y'all don't forget to post all MTO / etc to www.mtoshoes.com -- and not just AE related but so far just has AE :)


Yup.  I figured I'd do the round-up post over there once the shoes arrived.  That thread is awesome thus far!

post #40073 of 70737

First time caller, long time listener.

 

Just received my MTO Eagle County and thought I'd share....

 

Brown Chromexcel upper (almost switched to golden brown at the last minute, but they had already been made)

V tread Sole

Natural Split Reverse Welt

Still debating on changing laces to flat laces

 

 

 

 

My previous purchase were a pair of brown shell Jefferson's.  Starting to get  good shine out of them and always enjoy wearing them.

 

 

 

The rest of my collection so far includes:

 

Black Calf Park Avenue

Brown Calf Fifth Avenue

Chili Calf LaSalle

Walnut Calf Kenilworth (seconds)

 

In my furture:

Something in burgundy shell or merlot, maybe another pair of park avenues.

 

Glad I found this thread and that I starting buying quality shoes early on. I bought my first pair (brown fifth avenues) with my first bonus from my first job out of college.  The Rediscover America sale coincides perfectly with our annual bonus payout and a brick and mortar store happens to be a 1 block walk from my office.  I have added to my collection one pair a year until this year with the MTO Eagle County and the Kenilworth seconds.

post #40074 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkohfm View Post
 

Just wanted to show you guys the brown jermyns which i wore to my cousin's wedding today. Was thinking of pairing my attire with either the bb brown strand or bourbon park avenue but decided to go with the jermyns since the theme was modern vintage and it was a later morning church reception. Have been getting compliments about this pair of jermyns and wonder why this is a closeout style. The brogue design and tassels make this pair really stylish.

 

Very nice look...and very nice shoes....

post #40075 of 70737

Hey guys,

 

If you haven't asked for your sizing list for the boot sale, dont get too worked up on what boots you will be buying.

 

I can tell you from receiving my lists, there was only one pair of Black Daltons in 10.5E and 11D, a few pair of Walnut Daltons in 11D, and not much else.

 

Good Luck! I will be sticking with my Chocolate Dalton firsts... if I can get the sizing right.

post #40076 of 70737

Is it too early to email them with sizes of chukkamoks?

post #40077 of 70737
You can always ask what they have in stock in your size. It will just depend on what they have. They may have none of the sale shoes in your size. Or could have 30. Just never know.
post #40078 of 70737

Burgundy shell daltons today (hoping for minimal amounts of melting).

 

bGgDGC8.jpg

post #40079 of 70737

Have my pair of Fifth Ave's in Bourbon on today and they seem a little blah...Just got them recently - What are the does and don'ts with bourbon? I used some conditioner on them as they seemed a little stiff. Is the coloring all in the leather? I would not mind darkening the toe cap a bit perhaps but ready to experiment on this pair with that....yet.

 

Anyway looking for a suggestion to really bring out the beauty in these shoes. Is neutral the go to polish - I assume there is no need to remove any AE application correct?

 

Edit: I see they have bourbon shoe polish so guess I should order that also-

post #40080 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

Have my pair of Fifth Ave's in Bourbon on today and they seem a little blah...Just got them recently - What are the does and don'ts with bourbon? I used some conditioner on them as they seemed a little stiff. Is the coloring all in the leather? I would not mind darkening the toe cap a bit perhaps but ready to experiment on this pair with that....yet.

 

Anyway looking for a suggestion to really bring out the beauty in these shoes. Is neutral the go to polish - I assume there is no need to remove any AE application correct?

 

Edit: I see they have bourbon shoe polish so guess I should order that also-

 

Pics?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...