Those look great! Much better than the Alden NST . . . I said it!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 9:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2655post #39811 of 707372/28/14 at 8:05ampost #39812 of 707372/28/14 at 8:06am
Quote:I'm wearing the Stewart for the second time today. When I unboxed mine, they looked really dry from being in cold shipping vehicles. I took a very small amount of Reno and the leather drank it up pretty good.
The uppers feel fine and have already started to give a bit more, and are really only rubbing because the sole requires a bit of break-in.
I've used the AE Leather Lotion (per the http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/ShoeCareReference.pdf) on mine and they get a lot softer with it.
Thanks for the feedback! It didn't occur to me to check the Shoe Care Reference. I have the LL but for some reason it also didn't occur to me to try it on the Elgins/Stewarts. Maybe I'll do one pair with the LL and the other with VSC (don't have any Reno yet) and see how they compare . . .post #39813 of 707372/28/14 at 8:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Subutai
Those look great! Much better than the Alden NST . . . I said it!!
I immediately thought of the Alden NST as well. It would be interesting to see them side-by-side with the Bradleys.post #39814 of 707372/28/14 at 8:11ampost #39815 of 707372/28/14 at 8:21ampost #39816 of 707372/28/14 at 8:27amQuote:Originally Posted by FreedBird
Wearing the Bradley's out today. I don't feel they get as much love as some of the other classic AE styles, but they are one of my favorite pairs to wear with jeans (other than the Long Branches).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice. I think they look better on the feet than on display.
Are those a well "patina'd" burgundy shell or brown shell?post #39817 of 707372/28/14 at 8:28ampost #39818 of 707372/28/14 at 8:29ampost #39819 of 707372/28/14 at 8:51ampost #39820 of 707372/28/14 at 9:21ampost #39821 of 707372/28/14 at 9:43ampost #39822 of 707372/28/14 at 9:44ampost #39823 of 707372/28/14 at 9:48amQuote:
I have a leather-wrapped one that The Shoe Mart threw in as a freebie with some Aldens that I bought from them. The thickness is not an issue at all. I wouldn't have paid for one, as the plastic ones work just fine, but I'm glad that I have it. BTW, getting a plastic one for free shouldn't be that hard either. If you live near a AE store you might inquire the next time you go in there. Giving them away is advertising for them.post #39824 of 707372/28/14 at 9:59am
Thanks - I liked the longer AE one they had for using with boots and better than using a wooden spoon when my son gets out of line...damn wooden spoons break easier now than when I was a kid....I only know that as my wife wacked me with one recently it snapped like a toothpick...Yes in the kitchen not the bedroom....perverts :)
I have to place an order for some polish, laces, and edge dressing so figured what the heck - thanks I will add one to my cart.post #39825 of 707372/28/14 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf
I have a leather-wrapped one that The Shoe Mart threw in as a freebie with some Aldens that I bought from them. The thickness is not an issue at all. I wouldn't have paid for one, as the plastic ones work just fine, but I'm glad that I have it. BTW, getting a plastic one for free shouldn't be that hard either. If you live near a AE store you might inquire the next time you go in there. Giving them away is advertising for them.
I use the exact same one from TheShoeMart. No problems with it being leather wrapped.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 1 minute ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › White Tie To Prom? 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 10 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...