or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2654  

post #39796 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post


Is the 299 shell sale still going on?

 

No, this would be an exchange for a pair I bought during the sale. 

post #39797 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post
We should start some sort of AE MTO gallery (along with the makeup specs) maybe on a separate thread. There have been so many great pairs made up, it might be a good way to give people some ideas.

i'm guessing that was some of the motivation to start up the SF MTO program on AE's part. there might be a board in AE headquarters filling up with photos of these results :D 

post #39798 of 70737

Bwn shell strands today:

 

1y3VDCw.jpg

post #39799 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post

Just a few pics I snapped this morning. Conditioning now and gonna have inaugural wearing today. smile.gif Some might not like the extra burnishing, but I love it.  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark

Those look too good to ruin by actually wearing them. What a stunning makeup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Stunning. I definitely have non-buyers remorse. I guess was just nervous about not being able to fit the 2 last on my extra wide feet.

We should start some sort of AE MTO gallery (along with the makeup specs) maybe on a separate thread. There have been so many great pairs made up, it might be a good way to give people some ideas.

That is a great idea. (broken record alert here): If I were the AE CEO, I'd but trolling that thread and putting many of the makeups into production.
post #39800 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

Rocking my Moks with camouflage socks by Timberland today:

 

Sweet Socks! They must be from the CamoToe Collection

post #39801 of 70737

So, the Elgin and Stewart I picked up during the 20% off sale are starting to grow on me a little.  (I really can't resist a bargain and I'm sure that has something to do with it.)  My question is this:  For those of you who have them, have you conditioned them yet?  I'm wondering if some VSC would take away some of the "plastic-ness" and soften the leather up right away.  If so, that might be enough to make them keepers.

post #39802 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

So, the Elgin and Stewart I picked up during the 20% off sale are starting to grow on me a little.  (I really can't resist a bargain and I'm sure that has something to do with it.)  My question is this:  For those of you who have them, have you conditioned them yet?  I'm wondering if some VSC would take away some of the "plastic-ness" and soften the leather up right away.  If so, that might be enough to make them keepers.

I'm wearing the Stewart for the second time today. When I unboxed mine, they looked really dry from being in cold shipping vehicles. I took a very small amount of Reno and the leather drank it up pretty good.

The uppers feel fine and have already started to give a bit more, and are really only rubbing because the sole requires a bit of break-in.
post #39803 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

So, the Elgin and Stewart I picked up during the 20% off sale are starting to grow on me a little.  (I really can't resist a bargain and I'm sure that has something to do with it.)  My question is this:  For those of you who have them, have you conditioned them yet?  I'm wondering if some VSC would take away some of the "plastic-ness" and soften the leather up right away.  If so, that might be enough to make them keepers.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseG View Post


I'm wearing the Stewart for the second time today. When I unboxed mine, they looked really dry from being in cold shipping vehicles. I took a very small amount of Reno and the leather drank it up pretty good.

The uppers feel fine and have already started to give a bit more, and are really only rubbing because the sole requires a bit of break-in.


I've used the AE Leather Lotion (per the http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/ShoeCareReference.pdf) on mine and they get a lot softer with it.

post #39804 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post



Thanks, all! So how are you guys sizing them? I have the opportunity to try them on, but just making conversation! haha. Same as 5 last?
I sized down 1/2 from my 5 last size but still found they fit large in volume. Found an insole I liked, had the cobbler put an extra hole in the back two straps, and they feel great now. Really love them, glad I made the plunge. J
post #39805 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post

Just a few pics I snapped this morning. Conditioning now and gonna have inaugural wearing today. smile.gif Some might not like the extra burnishing, but I love it. 
AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark
OMG, those belong on a library shelf, to be looked at, touched and smelled every so often - bookends! AMAZING...way too gorgeous to wear! Of course I'm being sarcastically jealous. Wear them with pride, and soak up the complements.
post #39806 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post
 

Just a few pics I snapped this morning. Conditioning now and gonna have inaugural wearing today. :) Some might not like the extra burnishing, but I love it. 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

Where on earth did you get those!?!?! Those are gorgeous! Tell me where to kop! :D

post #39807 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Where on earth did you get those!?!?! Those are gorgeous! Tell me where to kop! biggrin.gif

He had them custom made through Allison Meyer at AE: ameyer@allenedmonds.com
post #39808 of 70737
Wearing the Bradley's out today. I don't feel they get as much love as some of the other classic AE styles, but they are one of my favorite pairs to wear with jeans (other than the Long Branches).


3E698C93-EE8B-478F-84CC-37328FC3E8FB_zps1tjjofci.jpg
post #39809 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudman43 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post



Thanks, all! So how are you guys sizing them? I have the opportunity to try them on, but just making conversation! haha. Same as 5 last?
I sized down 1/2 from my 5 last size but still found they fit large in volume. Found an insole I liked, had the cobbler put an extra hole in the back two straps, and they feel great now. Really love them, glad I made the plunge. J

 

I went with the same size as my 1 and 5 last size.  They are a little roomy but I think I would do it the same way if I had to do it again.

post #39810 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post
 

Just a few pics I snapped this morning. Conditioning now and gonna have inaugural wearing today. :) Some might not like the extra burnishing, but I love it. 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

Bravo! These are really, really nice. I think the additional burnishing provides extra depth and dimensionality. I look forward to seeing them with some wear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...