Aberdeen are 2-Last.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2645post #39661 of 707372/26/14 at 6:20ampost #39662 of 707372/26/14 at 6:29amQuote:My Allen Edmonds shoes haven't done this, but I've had it happen with another pair of decent rubber-soled footwear after I stubbed the toe hard on a sidewalk.Originally Posted by bobbyz
Wondering if anyone has experienced this before. I have a pair of Benton's (firsts) with the "VIP rubber sole" that I haven't had many opportunities to use. Have a lot of brown shoes I use more frequently. I'd say i've used them about a dozen times over the year I've had them.
Finally had a need for them and decided to pull them out for a good polish before taking them out. I was surprised to find that the sole has started coming apart. Its more prominent in one shoe than the other but its definitely splitting. Its the only pair of rubber soled AEs that I own but I was disappointed to see them falling apart, especially with such little use.
Separating sole (Click to show)
I used a toothpick to slip the faintest layer of this stuff in between, clamped it together to let it dry properly, and let it set for 24 hours. Works like a charm.post #39663 of 707372/26/14 at 7:40am
Allison just called me and said that my promontory point MTO was actually completed, just without the lining and is sending over pictures for me to take a look. If I like them, I'll just keep those and skip on the Eagle Country.
FWIW, I thought navy calf with an unline grey suede shaft would have been pretty awesome..we shall see what the boot looks like.post #39664 of 707372/26/14 at 7:53ampost #39665 of 707372/26/14 at 8:00ampost #39666 of 707372/26/14 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by 850csi
MTO Eagle County has come in, and it's absolutely everything I dreamed of.
2002 CHILI CALF
BROWN UPPER STITCH SEEN ON 1628
BLACK FLAT WELT
TOASTED EDGE DRESSING
INDEPENDENCE LINING LEATHER
Needed a versatile boot that I could wear with literally anything from jeans to a suit. I think I hit the nail on the head with these.
Color looks deeper and more brown in person, as is common with chili. Do you guys think the creasing is fine? I'm talking specifically about the second picture.
Also, how is the welting done on these dainite soles? Might the lack of visible stitching make these more durable?
For those of you who have been wondering about sizing on the 2-last, I'm normally a 13C on the 5-65, and these fit me very nicely in 13D.
would you people STOP with these eagle county MTO photos... making me so jealous I want to pull the little hair I have left right out of my head. Every one of these MTOs just gets better and better.post #39667 of 707372/26/14 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by FreedBird
The Long Branches are continuing to get a lot of wear!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
I'm wearing mine today as well. They hold up so well in this lovely NE winter.post #39668 of 707372/26/14 at 8:17ampost #39669 of 707372/26/14 at 8:19ampost #39670 of 707372/26/14 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Indyoshi68
When you come back out from under that rock, Kahuna75, roll up your pants once or twice! Couple things, though:
1) Only do this if your pants/jeans have the length to pull this off; if they're not, you'll be looking like you have 'capri pants' on, and;
2) I'm much less inclined to roll up in shoes than I am in boots. Today I'm rolled up, but the pants (not jeans) are long enough and sweet enough for me to rock rolled or down:
The boots are not AE today; sorry (sacrilege, I know)... Was gonna rock my Olive Neumoks with these pants, but the crepe soled Thomas Dean suede chukkas won out! It's merely a twist on what are limited options for men in wearing an item of clothing in a different way. Oh...and no throat punching today, either, young man!!!
please tell me you don't have a grey shirt on... PLEASE!post #39671 of 707372/26/14 at 8:30ampost #39672 of 707372/26/14 at 8:44ampost #39673 of 707372/26/14 at 8:45am
After some brushing this morning the Dundees are out for their maiden voyage. The color is so much better with the AE polish removed, much more character in contrast to the smooth solid color AE tried to achieve by covering them up so heavily. I still have a ways to go but they are looking amazing so far.post #39674 of 707372/26/14 at 8:48ampost #39675 of 707372/26/14 at 8:49am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 22 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 33 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › NEW OP (Panerai) Dark Brown Assolutamente Strap for Tang 26x22, 125x75 2 minutes ago
- › NWOB Carlos Santos Suede Wingtip 10 11 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway