Aberdeen are 2-Last.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- How do shoe care kit I can build myself?Last edited: 1/28/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2645post #39661 of 705532/26/14 at 6:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39662 of 705532/26/14 at 6:29amQuote:My Allen Edmonds shoes haven't done this, but I've had it happen with another pair of decent rubber-soled footwear after I stubbed the toe hard on a sidewalk.Originally Posted by bobbyz
Wondering if anyone has experienced this before. I have a pair of Benton's (firsts) with the "VIP rubber sole" that I haven't had many opportunities to use. Have a lot of brown shoes I use more frequently. I'd say i've used them about a dozen times over the year I've had them.
Finally had a need for them and decided to pull them out for a good polish before taking them out. I was surprised to find that the sole has started coming apart. Its more prominent in one shoe than the other but its definitely splitting. Its the only pair of rubber soled AEs that I own but I was disappointed to see them falling apart, especially with such little use.
Separating sole (Click to show)
I used a toothpick to slip the faintest layer of this stuff in between, clamped it together to let it dry properly, and let it set for 24 hours. Works like a charm.post #39663 of 705532/26/14 at 7:40am
Allison just called me and said that my promontory point MTO was actually completed, just without the lining and is sending over pictures for me to take a look. If I like them, I'll just keep those and skip on the Eagle Country.
FWIW, I thought navy calf with an unline grey suede shaft would have been pretty awesome..we shall see what the boot looks like.post #39664 of 705532/26/14 at 7:53ampost #39665 of 705532/26/14 at 8:00ampost #39666 of 705532/26/14 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by 850csi
MTO Eagle County has come in, and it's absolutely everything I dreamed of.
2002 CHILI CALF
BROWN UPPER STITCH SEEN ON 1628
BLACK FLAT WELT
TOASTED EDGE DRESSING
INDEPENDENCE LINING LEATHER
Needed a versatile boot that I could wear with literally anything from jeans to a suit. I think I hit the nail on the head with these.
Color looks deeper and more brown in person, as is common with chili. Do you guys think the creasing is fine? I'm talking specifically about the second picture.
Also, how is the welting done on these dainite soles? Might the lack of visible stitching make these more durable?
For those of you who have been wondering about sizing on the 2-last, I'm normally a 13C on the 5-65, and these fit me very nicely in 13D.
would you people STOP with these eagle county MTO photos... making me so jealous I want to pull the little hair I have left right out of my head. Every one of these MTOs just gets better and better.post #39667 of 705532/26/14 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by FreedBird
The Long Branches are continuing to get a lot of wear!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
I'm wearing mine today as well. They hold up so well in this lovely NE winter.post #39668 of 705532/26/14 at 8:17ampost #39669 of 705532/26/14 at 8:19ampost #39670 of 705532/26/14 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Indyoshi68
When you come back out from under that rock, Kahuna75, roll up your pants once or twice! Couple things, though:
1) Only do this if your pants/jeans have the length to pull this off; if they're not, you'll be looking like you have 'capri pants' on, and;
2) I'm much less inclined to roll up in shoes than I am in boots. Today I'm rolled up, but the pants (not jeans) are long enough and sweet enough for me to rock rolled or down:
The boots are not AE today; sorry (sacrilege, I know)... Was gonna rock my Olive Neumoks with these pants, but the crepe soled Thomas Dean suede chukkas won out! It's merely a twist on what are limited options for men in wearing an item of clothing in a different way. Oh...and no throat punching today, either, young man!!!
please tell me you don't have a grey shirt on... PLEASE!post #39671 of 705532/26/14 at 8:30ampost #39672 of 705532/26/14 at 8:44ampost #39673 of 705532/26/14 at 8:45am
After some brushing this morning the Dundees are out for their maiden voyage. The color is so much better with the AE polish removed, much more character in contrast to the smooth solid color AE tried to achieve by covering them up so heavily. I still have a ways to go but they are looking amazing so far.post #39674 of 705532/26/14 at 8:48am
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 6 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feeback & Appreciation 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Have a work event in a few days, will this suit work? 13 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 15 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 16 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...