or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2643  

post #39631 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Oooh killing! I'll go ahead and take credit for planting the seed in your mind. wink.gif

Can't wait to see it.

Most definitely. I had been thinking about something like the Galway for a little while but that's way out of my price range so this will do. Your post pushed me over the edge. 

 

I'm still undecided about a wheeled welt vs a flat welt on this one and black stitching vs tone on tone. Anyone have any thoughts? 

post #39632 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

Most definitely. I had been thinking about something like the Galway for a little while but that's way out of my price range so this will do. Your post pushed me over the edge. 

I'm still undecided about a wheeled welt vs a flat welt on this one and black stitching vs tone on tone. Anyone have any thoughts? 
I would say tone on tone. I'll have to think about the welt.
post #39633 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

Most definitely. I had been thinking about something like the Galway for a little while but that's way out of my price range so this will do. Your post pushed me over the edge. 

I'm still undecided about a wheeled welt vs a flat welt on this one and black stitching vs tone on tone. Anyone have any thoughts? 

I'd go tone on tone to be safe, wheeled welt because I think any half dress shoe should have a wheeled welt in general. But looking forward to your pics regardless!
post #39634 of 70737

Wondering if anyone has experienced this before. I have a pair of Benton's (firsts) with the "VIP rubber sole" that I haven't had many opportunities to use. Have a lot of brown shoes I use more frequently. I'd say i've used them about a dozen times over the year I've had them.

 

Finally had a need for them and decided to pull them out for a good polish before taking them out. I was surprised to find that the sole has started coming apart. Its more prominent in one shoe than the other but its definitely splitting. Its the only pair of rubber soled AEs that I own but I was disappointed to see them falling apart, especially with such little use. 

 

 

post #39635 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post

Don't think I did too badly with these seconds. 5 left when I emailed the shoebank about 2 weeks ago. A little discoloration down by the sole but nothing that some white polish won't cover. I didn't see anything else glaring. Ready for spring icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


 

Is that the AE for BB Gatsby or some other model? 

post #39636 of 70737
Yep they came in a BB box. Though the specs on the BB website have white showing through all the perforations and look a little bit lighter brown.
post #39637 of 70737

So what does everyone think was the best Eagle County MTO so far?

post #39638 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSamurai View Post

So what does everyone think was the best Eagle County MTO so far?
The one I'm trying to get going.... Haha. Seriously though, I really like the burgundy pair. When I think of the Eagle Country I think of them, now.
post #39639 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


The one I'm trying to get going.... Haha. Seriously though, I really like the burgundy pair. When I think of the Eagle Country I think of them, now.

What's your make up going to be? 

post #39640 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

What's your make up going to be? 
A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell... Hahahaha

Seriously tho. Still thinking. I dunno if I want to peruse them or not.
post #39641 of 70737

So I got the seconds list and they have the:

 

BB gatsby spectators, cordovan dundee, shaker heights, Mora 2, and suede strands in my size.

Egad, this spells trouble...

post #39642 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

So I got the seconds list and they have the:

BB gatsby spectators, cordovan dundee, shaker heights, Mora 2, and suede strands in my size.


Egad, this spells trouble...
What are the prices of the Cordovan dundees?
post #39643 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Thanks,

 

I actually jut took a closer look at them and was removing some of the caked on junk AE puts on them and noticed they don't even have a seconds stamp. Not sure how I scored them for the $299 but very excited I did. The color is also starting to look amazing as I get down to the actual shell. Still have yet to brush them, I will probably hit them a few more rounds with the Reno to see what else comes off first. It should be good with just the Mac Method from there, maybe a little Saphir Cordovan Cream.

 

 

 

I'm so anxious waiting for mine, they should be here tomorrow.  I'm praying that they are as flawless as yours.

What are you using to take off AE polish?

 

Edit: should have read the post more carefully, you're using Reno to strip off the junk

post #39644 of 70737
Better pictures of my new Rush Streets. The other photos I posted were the sales rep's samples in the store. These are mine after a coat of AE Leather Lotion. These show the color more accurately.




Chris
post #39645 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

Better pictures of my new Rush Streets. The other photos I posted were the sales rep's samples in the store. These are mine after a coat of AE Leather Lotion. These show the color more accurately.




Chris

I'm gonna have to get a pair of these!!! They look fantastic!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...