AE sells them to Wolverine and Wolverine then needs to increase the price to earn a profit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2637post #39541 of 707372/24/14 at 5:05pmpost #39542 of 707372/24/14 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Josh Savage
What do y'all think of these? Just got them...
Please upload/embed your photos here -- most people won't venture off into an external link to view. Just a friendly FYI.post #39543 of 707372/24/14 at 7:53pmpost #39544 of 707372/24/14 at 8:00pmpost #39545 of 707372/24/14 at 8:00pmpost #39546 of 707372/24/14 at 8:11pmQuote:Hey, what size are you tjyoung? I'm wondering if the Westchester is my size if you send them back!Originally Posted by tjyoung
Also received some shell today from the 2nd's sale: burgundy Westchester and burgundy Cambridge. I know the Cambridge is a fan-favorite around here, but I personally think it looks a little...blobby...as another member described the 5-last earlier this week. Also, not sure what to think of the Westchester's. Keep or return?
Looks like the shoes are different colors...can this be fixed?
Some dryness? Can this be fixed?
Some marks...not too worried about these as they would happen after the first few wears.post #39547 of 707372/24/14 at 8:41pmpost #39548 of 707372/24/14 at 9:04pmpost #39549 of 707372/25/14 at 2:08amQuote:
Beautiful boots...I would put them with nice jeanspost #39550 of 707372/25/14 at 6:17ampost #39551 of 707372/25/14 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Josh Savage
These are a pair of AE's I picked up over the weekend. I called AE and as best as they could tell, this style ended in 1954. Pretty cool to have a pair this old, this nice. Any other info anyone can add would be awesome.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That retro branding on the sole is cool. That's a great find. Congrats!post #39552 of 707372/25/14 at 6:28ampost #39553 of 707372/25/14 at 6:30am
This is rather important to me though... how does the fit of the Westchester compare to the Cambridge? Have the Cambridge, want the Westy, and would love to know the comparative fit between them. Would you change anything about the sizes' width or length on either? Thanks in advance!post #39554 of 707372/25/14 at 6:35ampost #39555 of 707372/25/14 at 6:52am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Currently, there are 1831 Active Users (380 Members and 1451 Guests)
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › Leave buttoned or unbutton suit when taking a group photo? 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › NWT ISAIA Napoli Dress Shirt 17/43 Navy/White 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...