Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 4:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2634post #39496 of 707352/24/14 at 7:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39497 of 707352/24/14 at 7:23amQuote:Originally Posted by NWTeal
The swatch I've seen is really dark. I think you'd only see the blue in the sunlight. I was inspired by a post many years back:
I remember seeing a pair of navy mcallisters in the marketplace as well and they were pretty dark. I wish they were lighter, or as I mentioned weeks ago, in shell!
I love that dark color, more like a midnight than a navy but I think it makes it a little more versatile the darker it is. Could possibly replace black shoes in certain occasions.
What to do, what to do... Jubei's monks were one thought that immediately sprung to mind even before insane the picture. Or maybe a navy Carlylepost #39498 of 707352/24/14 at 7:23amEDIT: Found her email via search for those interested - firstname.lastname@example.org
ORIGNAL MSGQuote:Can someone provide the contact details for Allison? Pretty certain I have these boots lined up as my next pair to purchase.
PM is fine too. Thanks all
Edited by ymmt - 2/24/14 at 9:10ampost #39499 of 707352/24/14 at 7:53ampost #39500 of 707352/24/14 at 8:16amQuote:Originally Posted by tifosiQuote:
I'm a big fan of navy shoes and have navy shoes in suede, CXL, calf, and shell. No, they are not as versatile as say brown shoes, but I don't find it too difficult to find occasions to wear them. They seem to go pretty well with various shades of grey, tan, and burgundy pants. In my opinion, an Eagle County in navy calf with some Dainite soles would be a pretty nice makeup that you could wear a lot if you wear grey or tan pants often.post #39501 of 707352/24/14 at 8:33amQuote:
I really like those Stewart derbies. I wanted to order them during this clearance sale, but I have too many brown shoes.
I'd love a pair of Stewart derbies in blue suede - like the ones they did for Lands End a couple years ago:post #39502 of 707352/24/14 at 8:34amQuote:Almost all of my trousers are grey toned. Maybe I should own some navy shoes...Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg
I'm a big fan of navy shoes and have navy shoes in suede, CXL, calf, and shell. No, they are not as versatile as say brown shoes, but I don't find it too difficult to find occasions to wear them. They seem to go pretty well with various shades of grey, tan, and burgundy pants. In my opinion, an Eagle County in navy calf with some Dainite soles would be a pretty nice makeup that you could wear a lot if you wear grey or tan pants often.post #39503 of 707352/24/14 at 8:36amI wouldn't even consider these Stewarts brown..it's very much a tan with reddish tones. Considering this makeup is about one fourth the price of a whiskey or ravello shell blucher, I'm happy with them .
Oddly enough, this is my first pair of PTBs. I've got longwings, shortwings, loafers, balmorals and a handful of boots...but never a plain toe.post #39504 of 707352/24/14 at 8:39ampost #39505 of 707352/24/14 at 8:55ampost #39506 of 707352/24/14 at 9:25ampost #39507 of 707352/24/14 at 10:47ampost #39508 of 707352/24/14 at 10:47ampost #39509 of 707352/24/14 at 10:48amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
Allison told me the other day that they have some navy calf available
currently kicking myself for not thinking of a navy calf eagle county when price was $200. black eyelets, black flat wheeled welt, danite soles...
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Currently, there are 1243 Active Users (206 Members and 1037 Guests)
- › things that are making you happy 50 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › ITT: We are in middle school again (or early-mid 90s appreciation... 2 minutes ago
- › Florsheim vs. Allen Edmond 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Adidas Horween Veg Tanned Leather Stan Smith 10.5 New 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.