Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 8/18/16 at 7:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2633post #39481 of 707372/23/14 at 6:05pmpost #39482 of 707372/23/14 at 6:50pmpost #39483 of 707372/23/14 at 8:10pmpost #39484 of 707372/23/14 at 8:16pmQuote:
Thanks for that!
I just got a pair of Burgundy McAllisters, and have a pair of Merlot MacNeils en route. Hearing about the more-purple-ish hue is music to my ears!post #39485 of 707372/23/14 at 9:10pmpost #39486 of 707372/23/14 at 9:29pmQuote:Quote:
I am tempted as well, I have been thinking CXL also, but not sure if I will bite.
-Mikepost #39487 of 707372/24/14 at 5:06amQuote:CXL huh? What color? I was just looking at the AE calf offerings last night and I'm not really sure what I'd pick. Unfortunately the burgundy that was previously done is amazing, but I already have burgundy straight tip boots. Maybe chocolate like in the Dalton?
Or the brown burnished like the PA?
Edited by tifosi - 2/24/14 at 5:44ampost #39488 of 707372/24/14 at 6:16amQuote:Originally Posted by tifosi
CXL huh? What color? I was just looking at the AE calf offerings last night and I'm not really sure what I'd pick. Unfortunately the burgundy that was previously done is amazing, but I already have burgundy straight tip boots. Maybe chocolate like in the Dalton?
Or the brown burnished like the PA?
Allison told me the other day that they have some navy calf availablepost #39489 of 707372/24/14 at 6:44ampost #39490 of 707372/24/14 at 6:47ampost #39491 of 707372/24/14 at 6:47amQuote:post #39492 of 707372/24/14 at 6:49amQuote:
The swatch I've seen is really dark. I think you'd only see the blue in the sunlight. I was inspired by a post many years back:
I remember seeing a pair of navy mcallisters in the marketplace as well and they were pretty dark. I wish they were lighter, or as I mentioned weeks ago, in shell!post #39493 of 707372/24/14 at 7:16amQuote:
Well, for the man who has everything.
My limited (11 pair) collection already has navy suede in it, so it's no go for me.
But I'm sure a dressy eagle county makeup in navy would be sexy.post #39494 of 707372/24/14 at 7:19ampost #39495 of 707372/24/14 at 7:19am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 27 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 33 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 34 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 34 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 42 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 48 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 48 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 49 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding