Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2613post #39181 of 707372/19/14 at 8:46pmpost #39182 of 707372/19/14 at 8:55pmQuote:
Depends on your size, since many models are sold out. Aberdeen is a great shoe. I like the Elgin and Stewart as well.post #39183 of 707372/19/14 at 9:02pmpost #39184 of 707372/19/14 at 9:09pmpost #39185 of 707372/19/14 at 9:11pm
Keep in mind that the deal you are getting right now for the 1st quality shoes is almost unprecedented. I only recall something similar once in the past, some time last year. I don't think it will happen again any time soon. If I were you, I would get 2 or 3 pairs, in the following order of preference: Aberdeen, Amok, Stewart/Elgin. In this case you cover all bases with a nice longwing, a chukka and a plain toe blucher (PTB) or a cap-toe oxford.post #39186 of 707372/19/14 at 9:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by cincikid
Keep in mind that the deal you are getting right now for the 1st quality shoes is almost unprecedented. I only recall something similar once in the past, some time last year. I don't think it will happen again any time soon. If I were you, I would get 2 or 3 pairs, in the following order of preference: Aberdeen, Amok, Stewart/Elgin. In this case you cover all bases with a nice longwing, a chukka and a plain toe blucher (PTB) or a cap-toe oxford.
I actually wanted the snuff suede Amok and Elgin but its out of my size.post #39187 of 707372/19/14 at 9:39pmQuote:
Sexy and you lucky bastard! What a great find and lovely heads up from @anrobit
Remind me your size again.. can I please come salvage your shoe rack you must be running out of space for all that new Shellpost #39188 of 707372/19/14 at 9:46pmQuote:
All this talk of Dundee shell is really making me itch for some... anyone have pics of wearing the Dundee's (more than just the downward angle shot)? @halfnhalfnhalf I'm sure you have some pics somewhere around there..post #39189 of 707372/19/14 at 9:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by chris45
All this talk of Dundee shell is really making me itch for some... anyone have pics of wearing the Dundee's (more than just the downward angle shot)? @halfnhalfnhalf
I'm sure you have some pics somewhere around there..
Going to wear mine tomorrow. Will post pics tomorrow PM if no one has them available.
-Mikepost #39190 of 707372/19/14 at 10:20pm
I've been weighing my options for a snuff suede shoe and am torn between the Amok and the Neumok. Was looking for a good all purpose casual shoe that I could pair with a variety of stuff. Any thoughts on what might be a better choice?
I was a little hesitant on the Amok squeaking and sizing. Any thoughts on if it would it be better to go from E -> EEE or just go up a half size and keep the width the same?post #39191 of 707372/20/14 at 12:35amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
I actually managed to purchase a pair of Walnut Shell Dundee's from a fellow SF member...
I am planning to wear these bad boys tomorrow!
It honestly took me a while to warm up to the Chukka design, but these are now my third pair of Chukkas (first is Alden Color 8, second AE Snuff Amok - Definitely worth the $125ish that they run right now!!!)
Beautiful color at a great price ... congratulations on your purchase.post #39192 of 707372/20/14 at 3:50am
As a politico myself, I love the Daltons. I have 3 pair (1shell). Also, love the independence collection. I have 2 Jefferson (1 shell), the Rutledge and Williams. I think having a name like Thomas Jefferson on your feet is pretty cool. What is even cooler is having a name like Rutledge or Williams on your feet so you can tell the story of the namesake when someone asks. I studied history then went into politics. :)post #39193 of 707372/20/14 at 4:13amQuote:
I kind of avoided the decision this week by picking up both a tan suede Amok and bitter chocolate suede McGraw, giving me a range in casual. The snuff suede Neumok would fit right in the middle as a three-model (boot, wingtip, loafer) three-shade suede trifeca you could go for? ... just sayin' (I already have something different in the pipeline for my snuff suede gap-filler)post #39194 of 707372/20/14 at 4:30am
I hate myself right now for not getting those Elgins when I first saw them yesterday. Forgot about it until after I left the office and then by the time I went back to get them they were already sold out. Really nothing else on there that I want at this point.post #39195 of 707372/20/14 at 5:17amQuote:Originally Posted by cincikid
I was told they had the leftover uppers and decided to finally get rid of them, hence a whole bunch of shoes previously sold out suddenly went on clearance. In many cases, they actually have to put the shoes together, which might take anywhere from a couple days to a few months, depending on the luck of the draw.
Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the intel.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 5 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 36 seconds ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...