or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2613  

post #39181 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsycthehe11 View Post

Would you prefer another shoe on the clearance list that might be better for a business casual wear?  I usually just wear chinos with OCBD.
If it were me, I'd check out the following: Elgin, Players, Aberdeen, Sanford, Stewart, Banchory, Bradley or MacNeil...lol. But that's just me! Seriously though, there are some awesome choices right now on the clearance list. J
post #39182 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsycthehe11 View Post
 

 

 

Would you prefer another shoe on the clearance list that might be better for a business casual wear?  I usually just wear chinos with OCBD.

Depends on your size, since many models are sold out. Aberdeen is a great shoe. I like the Elgin and Stewart as well. 

post #39183 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

Depends on your size, since many models are sold out. Aberdeen is a great shoe. I like the Elgin and Stewart as well. 

Oh yes, either Amok or Mojave would be a great choice!

post #39184 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

Oh yes, either Amok or Mojave would be a great choice!


So many choices, my head is spinning lol. My size is 7.5 btw.

post #39185 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsycthehe11 View Post
 


So many choices, my head is spinning lol.

Keep in mind that the deal you are getting right now for the 1st quality shoes is almost unprecedented. I only recall something similar once in the past, some time last year. I don't think it will happen again any time soon. If I were you, I would get 2 or 3 pairs, in the following order of preference: Aberdeen, Amok, Stewart/Elgin. In this case you cover all bases with a nice longwing, a chukka and a plain toe blucher (PTB) or a cap-toe oxford. 

post #39186 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

Keep in mind that the deal you are getting right now for the 1st quality shoes is almost unprecedented. I only recall something similar once in the past, some time last year. I don't think it will happen again any time soon. If I were you, I would get 2 or 3 pairs, in the following order of preference: Aberdeen, Amok, Stewart/Elgin. In this case you cover all bases with a nice longwing, a chukka and a plain toe blucher (PTB) or a cap-toe oxford. 

I actually wanted the snuff suede Amok and Elgin but its out of my size.

post #39187 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

Hens' teeth?  Yeah, I guess those are rare.

 

A virgin giving birth?  I suppose that's unusual.

 

Brand-new, first-quality walnut shell Strands, straight from a forgotten shelf in an AE storage shed?  NO WAY!!!

 

Well, here they are . . .

 

Sexy and you lucky bastard! :worship2: What a great find and lovely heads up from @anrobit 

Remind me your size again.. can I please come salvage your shoe rack :hide: you must be running out of space for all that new Shell :worship:

post #39188 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

I actually managed to purchase a pair of Walnut Shell Dundee's from a fellow SF member..

 

Lovely :fonz:

 

All this talk of Dundee shell is really making me itch for some... anyone have pics of wearing the Dundee's (more than just the downward angle shot)? @halfnhalfnhalf I'm sure you have some pics somewhere around there..

post #39189 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris45 View Post

Lovely fing02%5B1%5D.gif

All this talk of Dundee shell is really making me itch for some... anyone have pics of wearing the Dundee's (more than just the downward angle shot)? @halfnhalfnhalf
 I'm sure you have some pics somewhere around there..

Going to wear mine tomorrow. Will post pics tomorrow PM if no one has them available.

-Mike
post #39190 of 70737

I've been weighing my options for a snuff suede shoe and am torn between the Amok and the Neumok. Was looking for a good all purpose casual shoe that I could pair with a variety of stuff. Any thoughts on what might be a better choice?

 

I was a little hesitant on the Amok squeaking and sizing. Any thoughts on if it would it be better to go from E -> EEE or just go up a half size and keep the width the same?

post #39191 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

I actually managed to purchase a pair of Walnut Shell Dundee's from a fellow SF member...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am planning to wear these bad boys tomorrow!

 

It honestly took me a while to warm up to the Chukka design, but these are now my third pair of Chukkas (first is Alden Color 8, second AE Snuff Amok - Definitely worth the $125ish that they run right now!!!)

 

-Mike

Beautiful color at a great price ... congratulations on your purchase.

post #39192 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolognaFingers View Post
 

Political Science PhD.

 

Obviously that means Daltons.

As a politico myself, I love the Daltons. I have 3 pair (1shell). Also, love the independence collection. I have 2 Jefferson (1 shell), the Rutledge and Williams. I think having a name like Thomas Jefferson on your feet is pretty cool. What is even cooler is having a name like Rutledge or Williams on your feet so you can tell the story of the namesake when someone asks. I studied history then went into politics. :)

post #39193 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post

I've been weighing my options for a snuff suede shoe and am torn between the Amok and the Neumok. Was looking for a good all purpose casual shoe that I could pair with a variety of stuff. Any thoughts on what might be a better choice?

I kind of avoided the decision this week by picking up both a tan suede Amok and bitter chocolate suede McGraw, giving me a range in casual. The snuff suede Neumok would fit right in the middle as a three-model (boot, wingtip, loafer) three-shade suede trifeca you could go for? ... just sayin' biggrin.gif (I already have something different in the pipeline for my snuff suede gap-filler)
post #39194 of 70737

I hate myself right now for not getting those Elgins when I first saw them yesterday.  Forgot about it until after I left the office and then by the time I went back to get them they were already sold out.  Really nothing else on there that I want at this point. 

post #39195 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

I was told they had the leftover uppers and decided to finally get rid of them, hence a whole bunch of shoes previously sold out suddenly went on clearance. In many cases, they actually have to put the shoes together, which might take anywhere from a couple days to a few months, depending on the luck of the draw. 

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the intel.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...