or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2612  

post #39166 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsycthehe11 View Post
 

I'm deciding between the Snuff suede Neumok and the walnut Sanford, since the Elgin is out of my size.  Which pair suits better for everyday business casual?

 

For business casual, I would probably go for the Walnut shoe. But I am not sure. I really like the snuff Neumok also! :-)

 

-Mike

post #39167 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I actually managed to purchase a pair of Walnut Shell Dundee's from a fellow SF member...



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



















I am planning to wear these bad boys tomorrow!

It honestly took me a while to warm up to the Chukka design, but these are now my third pair of Chukkas (first is Alden Color 8, second AE Snuff Amok - Definitely worth the $125ish that they run right now!!!)

-Mike

Damn that is a serious score!! I am a huge chukka fan so I would be over the moon to find these
post #39168 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Damn that is a serious score!! I am a huge chukka fan so I would be over the moon to find these

 

Thanks, I am! -Mike

post #39169 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I actually managed to purchase a pair of Walnut Shell Dundee's from a fellow SF member...



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



















I am planning to wear these bad boys tomorrow!

It honestly took me a while to warm up to the Chukka design, but these are now my third pair of Chukkas (first is Alden Color 8, second AE Snuff Amok - Definitely worth the $125ish that they run right now!!!)

-Mike

Holy crap. Shoe envy. Those are something else.
post #39170 of 70737
Hi, can anyone give me any info on how the mojaves or amoks fit? TTS? Same as AE 5 last? or should is size down? Thanks so much!
post #39171 of 70737
It looks like everyone is scrambling for suede chukkas on sale.

Maybe I'll do the same.

If I walk mostly outside on the pavement, would it make more sense to get the amok with butyl sole? Or the Mohave with crepe? What are the advantages/drawbacks of crepe?

Thanks in advance
post #39172 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsycthehe11 View Post
 

I'm deciding between the Snuff suede Neumok and the walnut Sanford, since the Elgin is out of my size.  Which pair suits better for everyday business casual?

I have both and wear them on different occasions. Neumok is certainly more casual shoe, perfect for a casual Friday from April till September. Sanford, despite being walnut, is a much dressier shoe which you can wear with a navy, grey or khaki suit. Sanford doesn't work with the jeans or casual chinos that much, whereas Neumok is a perfect fit for both. IMO though, at this price you should get both. 

post #39173 of 70737
I was in my local AE store and the SA fitted me the same size in Mojave as my 5 last shoes. I personally ordered the tan suede.
post #39174 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Question regarding the Amok's. On the website they're obviously on clearance, but it still says "Handcrafted in 8 weeks". Is this actually the case, or will they arrive sooner (i.e. is this just standard blurb AE slaps on everything)?

I was told they had the leftover uppers and decided to finally get rid of them, hence a whole bunch of shoes previously sold out suddenly went on clearance. In many cases, they actually have to put the shoes together, which might take anywhere from a couple days to a few months, depending on the luck of the draw. 

post #39175 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

I actually managed to purchase a pair of Walnut Shell Dundee's from a fellow SF member...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I am planning to wear these bad boys tomorrow!

 

It honestly took me a while to warm up to the Chukka design, but these are now my third pair of Chukkas (first is Alden Color 8, second AE Snuff Amok - Definitely worth the $125ish that they run right now!!!)

 

-Mike

I am envious--but also glad I didn't chase the dark brown (seconds) or cappuccino (used, ebay) shell Dundees, because this is the color I "need."  Notwithstanding the "shell shortage," I am confident that off-color shell offerings will come back around at some point.  I only hope I have come into more money when they do.

post #39176 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsycthehe11 View Post

Do you guys have any recommendation for business casual AE from the sale I should get to wear everyday?  I already have a pair black PA and walnut Strands.  Looking for another pair to wear everyday and keep the other pairs fresh.
Love the look of the Aberdeen and I think they're either on sale or clearance....got my eye on them myself. J
post #39177 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

I have both and wear them on different occasions. Neumok is certainly more casual shoe, perfect for a casual Friday from April till September. Sanford, despite being walnut, is a much dressier shoe which you can wear with a navy, grey or khaki suit. Sanford doesn't work with the jeans or casual chinos that much, whereas Neumok is a perfect fit for both. IMO though, at this price you should get both. 

 

 

Would you prefer another shoe on the clearance list that might be better for a business casual wear?  I usually just wear chinos with OCBD.

post #39178 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

Hens' teeth?  Yeah, I guess those are rare.

 

A virgin giving birth?  I suppose that's unusual.

 

Brand-new, first-quality walnut shell Strands, straight from a forgotten shelf in an AE storage shed?  NO WAY!!!

 

Well, here they are . . .

 

 

Nice and bloom-y too:

 

Nice pickup! I guess a little birdie told you about them, huh?

My friend, I did give you your props a few posts later . . . but I really should have put them in the initial one.  My bad.  Thanks again for the heads-up!  :cheers: 

post #39179 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

My friend, I did give you your props a few posts later . . . but I really should have put them in the initial one.  My bad.  Thanks again for the heads-up!  :cheers: 

No worries at all, just teasing. Enjoy them, they're beautiful!

post #39180 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

I actually managed to purchase a pair of Walnut Shell Dundee's from a fellow SF member...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am planning to wear these bad boys tomorrow!

 

It honestly took me a while to warm up to the Chukka design, but these are now my third pair of Chukkas (first is Alden Color 8, second AE Snuff Amok - Definitely worth the $125ish that they run right now!!!)

 

-Mike

 

Superb.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...