...before you know it you're doing the hard stuff --> Shell Cordovan
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2611post #39151 of 707372/19/14 at 5:31pmpost #39152 of 707372/19/14 at 5:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by tampatravel
You could just have your cobbler shorten the 34 length belt - they'll shorten it from the buckle end. There's a store in San Fran I was at that only orders 44 in Smathers and Branson belts because they can customize the fit right there with you. Pretty genius if you ask me.
Ha, well in that case I'll admit that this is kinda what I've been doing for a while myself with casual belts. I just order the largest size (which is usually in stock - even for sale items) and then shorten the end myself. This only works for plain, casual belts that I can cut the end and not have it look ghetto of course. Then I use a dremel to accurately make clean, new holes.
I hadn't thought about having my dress belts shortened from the buckle end. Great idea. Thanks for that.post #39153 of 707372/19/14 at 5:47pmJust purchased the Amok. I'm normally a 13D but they only had 13E so I'm hoping they work. Reading the reviews I'm optimistic and I'll be interested to see how they compare to my Alden unlined. For less than $130 shipped it seemed like a cracking deal. Now I just need some spring-like weather...post #39154 of 707372/19/14 at 5:56pmpost #39155 of 707372/19/14 at 5:59pmpost #39156 of 707372/19/14 at 6:02pmI was thinking of picking up those light colored AMOKs and then dying them Navy Blue.
A) Is this stupid?
2) Is dying difficult to do besides the whole masking stuff off obviously
C) Has anyone had good luck dying a suede AE shoe?post #39157 of 707372/19/14 at 6:03pmpost #39158 of 707372/19/14 at 6:05pmQuote:
Nice pickup! I guess a little birdie told you about them, huh?post #39159 of 707372/19/14 at 6:17pm
I hope so. I went for an E width in the Alden Leydons and they're awesome, and some reviews suggested the Amok also ran a little narrow.Quote:
I believe Namor has been known to dye shoes. You don't likey the light?post #39160 of 707372/19/14 at 6:36pmpost #39161 of 707372/19/14 at 7:01pmpost #39162 of 707372/19/14 at 7:12pmQuote:
Holy crud! You should definitely go out and buy a lottery ticket NOW!!!
The Walnut Shell Strands are my favorite pair of shoes in my entire collection, not even a question. If I could get another pair today, I wouldn't think twice about it. I love them that much... :-)
Someone asked about the bloom, that is like a 15 second fix with a cotton cloth. Shouldn't even require brushing.
-Mikepost #39163 of 707372/19/14 at 7:15pm
I actually managed to purchase a pair of Walnut Shell Dundee's from a fellow SF member...
I am planning to wear these bad boys tomorrow!
It honestly took me a while to warm up to the Chukka design, but these are now my third pair of Chukkas (first is Alden Color 8, second AE Snuff Amok - Definitely worth the $125ish that they run right now!!!)
-Mikepost #39164 of 707372/19/14 at 7:17pmpost #39165 of 707372/19/14 at 7:22pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent NEW Black Suede London 20 Side Zip Boots size 41.5 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL THRIFT/DISCOUNT STORE FIT PIC BRAGGING THREAD 19 minutes ago
- › TOD's cardholder blue alligator BNIB tods 27 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 31 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 53 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 56 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 59 minutes ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway