or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 27  

post #391 of 70737
Heel slippage is related solely to width. You sound like you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole on the 5 last. I'm not sure why so many people think that they can just alter the size and have it work for them.

Read: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/SizingView?langId=-1&storeId=1&catalogId=40000000001

5 Last (65)
This is the longest in length of all of our lasts; best for a long, narrow foot.

Does that describe you? If not, then you should have bought something else. Put them on ebay or B&S as Quad came, try to recoup most of your money, and then try another last or another brand.
post #392 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

Heel slippage is related solely to width. You sound like you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole on the 5 last. I'm not sure why so many people think that they can just alter the size and have it work for them.

Read: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/SizingView?langId=-1&storeId=1&catalogId=40000000001

5 Last (65)
This is the longest in length of all of our lasts; best for a long, narrow foot.

Does that describe you? If not, then you should have bought something else. Put them on ebay or B&S as Quad came, try to recoup most of your money, and then try another last or another brand.

Thanks for your reply but I would argue that it was the sales reps job to inform me of this and that was not the case and for that reason I feel that they should take them back and give me credit towards another pair. It's not like I wore them for a month and said, o no now they don't fit.

I'm going to go to the store and hopefully the rep will agree and give me credit, if not I just call Amex.
post #393 of 70737

Go to the Allen Edmonds store you bought them and see if you can get a refund or at least get them exchange for another pair. Try another last if the last 5 doesn't fit you. I also bought some AE, worn them, did not like the fit, so i decided to take them back to get it exchange for another pair. But that was with Nordstrom, not the AE store. 

post #394 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavega View Post

Go to the Allen Edmonds store you bought them and see if you can get a refund or at least get them exchange for another pair. Try another last if the last 5 doesn't fit you. I also bought some AE, worn them, did not like the fit, so i decided to take them back to get it exchange for another pair. But that was with Nordstrom, not the AE store.


That's what I am going to do, hopefully in the next couple of hours because I leave Monday. I wouldn't understand why they wouldn't accept them though, with ski boots for instance I have worn a pair on a trip and it was horrible and came back and they let me get another pair. Neiman's is the same way, I swear those people would accept imitations of products because all they do is get my receipt and process the return. I'll post the outcome.


Posted via Tapatalk
post #395 of 70737
Just placed a custom order for Moras in navy, it will be a long 6 - 8 weeks till then. I'll post photos biggrin.gif
post #396 of 70737
Went to the store and they took them back and gave me a larger size. Now to enjoy the shoes.
post #397 of 70737
What do you guys think of the new Kenilworth? A three-eyelet plain-toe blucher on the 5 last... looks solid to me.
post #398 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman View Post

What do you guys think of the new Kenilworth? A three-eyelet plain-toe blucher on the 5 last... looks solid to me.

looks like a snoozer to me.

the plain toe looks a bit weird in the more rounded AE lasts.
post #399 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


looks like a snoozer to me.

the plain toe looks a bit weird in the more rounded AE lasts.

Weird how? And yeah, that's a fair point. But it is a plain-toe blucher... they're kind of boring by definition.
post #400 of 70737
I'm not sure...a bit slouchy maybe...i.e. lacking structure.

I tend to like my plain toes with a bit more chiseling to them.
post #401 of 70737

can anybody explain to this AE noob what the lasts mean?? i see people posting up last 2 and last 5 but yet i have no idea what it means.

post #402 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicPac View Post

can anybody explain to this AE noob what the lasts mean?? i see people posting up last 2 and last 5 but yet i have no idea what it means.


It refers to the mold the leather is originally stretched on. Making the shape of that shoe.
post #403 of 70737
the last is the basis for the shoe. When I mean basis, I mean the mold the shoe is created around.

Think of it this way: If you were to take a completed shoe and fill it with a the same kind of putty they make tooth molds out of, the rough shape you'd end up with could be considered the "last."

Its basically what defines the size, shape, instep, heel size, etc of the shoe.
post #404 of 70737
500
Just got these a few weeks ago.
post #405 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoneo View Post

500
Just got these a few weeks ago.

Fantastic, nice shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...