or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2590  

post #38836 of 70737

First Quality Delray's on sale for $120.75

 

Use promo code PRES

 

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/delray-dress-oxfords-0226-1298--1

post #38837 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMelons View Post

 
Any chance you could take a few more photos and post them before you send them back?

I received my rush streets yesterday afternoon and I have mixed feelings. The look is just what I expected it to be but the leather around the laces and heel were in VERY poor shape. It might be hard to see because of the lighting. Also, they apparently run a half size long so they are going back as an exchange. I'm giving them another shot on the quality in a smaller size.
post #38838 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post







I probably would look past it if they were seconds and were the right size given the location. The shoes are great looking otherwise and very comfortable. I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect better at full price.
Edited by BlindMelons - 2/15/14 at 8:05am
post #38839 of 70737
If anyone in the DC area is interested, Vincenzo's in town to help open the new store at city center. Today he's at the store on Connecticut Avenue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #38840 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSamurai View Post

If anyone in the DC area is interested, Vincenzo's in town to help open the new store at city center. Today he's at the store on Connecticut Avenue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how people like Vincenzo, Allison, Kristle, and Mr. Graangard have become minor celebrities in this thread.

smile.gif
post #38841 of 70737
Has anyone tried chamberlains leather milk in place of AE cleaner/conditioner? Just thought it might be more convenient to just keep one on hand.
post #38842 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMelons View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post


I probably would look past it if they were seconds and were the right size given the location. The shoes are great looking otherwise and very comfortable. I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect better at full price.

thanks for taking the time to share these. i'm between the rush street and an elgin for my next purchase and this is a particularly timely bit of info smile.gif

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
post #38843 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post

I need a new pair of chukkas and these clearance prices seem pretty good.

Opinions on Mojave vs Amok?

Mojave ($177, crepe sole):


Amok ($147, leather sole):


I've read a few reviews which complained about the Amoks quickly developing a squeak. Does anyone know if AE have addressed the squeaking problem?

Also interested in the Amok. Can anyone comment on durability and build quality? Looks like a nice casual beater for the warmer months?
post #38844 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Also interested in the Amok. Can anyone comment on durability and build quality? Looks like a nice casual beater for the warmer months?

I love my Amoks. I tried to do an MTO recently as was told they would no longer produce them. Grab them while you can
post #38845 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I love my Amoks. I tried to do an MTO recently as was told they would no longer produce them. Grab them while you can

Funny things is that the site states: "Order Now. Handcrafted for you in 8 Weeks." So it would appear that they are all custom orders in a sense...so why are they on clearance?
post #38846 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by stro View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMelons View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

I probably would look past it if they were seconds and were the right size given the location. The shoes are great looking otherwise and very comfortable. I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect better at full price.

thanks for taking the time to share these. i'm between the rush street and an elgin for my next purchase and this is a particularly timely bit of info smile.gif

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

 

Don't sleep on the Rush Street.  I've seen it in person and the golden brown Chromexcel is terrific.  I'm glad to see AE is moving back in the direction of CXL.  If they can start using some cool colors (Color 8, navy, green, etc.), against my will I might have to go on another buying spree.

post #38847 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Don't sleep on the Rush Street.  I've seen it in person and the golden brown Chromexcel is terrific.  I'm glad to see AE is moving back in the direction of CXL.  If they can start using some cool colors (Color 8, navy, green, etc.), against my will I might have to go on another buying spree.

I'd agree with this... as I stated before I really love the shoe from a looks/comfort standpoint. They are pretty sexy. I would just like to see a pair of better quality out of the box.
post #38848 of 70737

Sitting in the airport in Denver, after being stranded on the west coast for a few extra days. My Wolverine 744s are going to come in handy once I get back to PA. These are comfortable enough to travel in, with no issues whatsoever.

post #38849 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesle7 View Post
 

First Quality Delray's on sale for $120.75

 

Use promo code PRES

 

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/delray-dress-oxfords-0226-1298--1

 

Something's amiss here. It allows me to add them to my cart, but when I go to submit payment a message comes up saying they are out of stock. Seems like a huge discount (well over the 20% the sale mentions), so I wonder if this price is an error.

post #38850 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

Something's amiss here. It allows me to add them to my cart, but when I go to submit payment a message comes up saying they are out of stock. Seems like a huge discount (well over the 20% the sale mentions), so I wonder if this price is an error.

Yep, same for me. It appears to be a pricing error. $125 is a ridiculous deal!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...