Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 8/18/16 at 7:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 8/26/16 at 2:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2484post #37246 of 707371/24/14 at 7:10pmI got a pair of walnut Strand 2nds, which I believe were 2nds because there was still a slug of leather in one of the perforations. It was easy enough to remove with a needle, but now the inside of that hole is tan instead of black. Can I just use a Q-tip or something to add some black shoe cream in there?post #37247 of 707371/24/14 at 7:17pmQuote:We're at piggy's right now. Not bad!Originally Posted by Cold Iron
Your a little more than an hour from me right now. Yesterday the high was -7 F but today makes up for it. Don't look now and sounds like you will miss it but high on Monday is -12 F and low of -20. Any doubt as to why I like boots so much?
The Waterfront Restaurant is one of the better places to eat in La Crosse. Last time I was there the Mississippi wasn't frozen yet and I was thinking during dinner that I could put the canoe in and float downriver and end up down fairly close to OptoDoc. Going back upstream would pose a bit of a challenge however...
Doing a concert at the jazz festival at the university here tomorrow night. Come down if you're free! I'll hook you up with a ticket.post #37248 of 707371/24/14 at 7:18pmpost #37249 of 707371/24/14 at 7:19pmpost #37250 of 707371/24/14 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by delmar
I use a Cabelas Club Visa credit card for most of my purchases. I build up points for all purchases and double points for purchases at Cabelas. In the past, I've used these points to buy outdoor clothes and guns. Since I've amassed enough guns, I've been thinking of switching to some different kind of credit card that would let me cash in the points earned to pay towards the credit card bill or redeem towards gas or something. But I got to thinking: Wouldn't it be awesome to have an Allen Edmonds Visa card that would let me build up points that could be redeemed on new AE shoes? I don't know much about high finance but if Cabelas can do it, why couldn't Allen Edmonds? Judging by the fervor of the participants in this forum, I think it would be a great success. A lot of people would get a new pair of AE shells every year or two if they could buy them with earned points, I'm sure of it. AE if you are reading this, go ahead and steal my idea--I don't care about getting credit for the idea, I just want an AE visa.
To a certain extent, you could. Most rewards cards can yield Visa points or Zappos giftcards.post #37251 of 707371/24/14 at 7:30pmQuote:
Damn my gf loves jazz. Me as long as it has Southern rock in it I'm OK with it No need to provide me with tickets although I am honored to say the least. Please send me info with your information if you have time, I just checked it out and looks like they are available at the door. But if you don't mind send me a PM. We are upgraded to a blizzard warning with -50 below zero wind chill but that is why I have a 4x4. You do realize you just cost me a pair of AE's as I will likely will have to spend the night there? No complaints here though!post #37252 of 707371/24/14 at 8:51pmpost #37253 of 707371/24/14 at 9:19pmHaven't seen this posted, but this is a neat story on Allen Edmonds:
http://access.van.fedex.com/made-in-america-allen-edmonds/post #37254 of 707371/25/14 at 4:14amQuote:
It was nice to put a face to the name Vincenzo. He has been such a help to me these past couple of years in getting what I am looking for from AE. It is cool to see how young he and the VP/Controller were. Love seeing the young Mayor. As a 36 year old elected County Executive myself, I know young people can make it in politics and elective office. I too want to visit P.W., even more now after seeing this video. Being the Mayor of P.W., I wonder if he has more AE shoes than I do. 28 pairs with 1 on the way….
Interesting side note, I met the Wisconsin Governor recently, and he was wearing AEs. I commented that they looked like AEs, and he said that is all he wears; except for when he is wearing his cowboy boots. :)post #37255 of 707371/25/14 at 4:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Calikid
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice. I've been eyeing this pair of seconds, which I assume are the less-than-perfect first run of your MTOs.post #37256 of 707371/25/14 at 7:42am
You selling them?post #37257 of 707371/25/14 at 8:22am
Thanks Cold Iron. The LWB's are very comfortable... worth a try!Quote:
ThanksQuote:Originally Posted by BWV988
Nice. I've been eyeing this pair of seconds, which I assume are the less-than-perfect first run of your MTOs.
I wondered why my MTO took so long. Too bad they didn't offer me the one with defects for a discount. I would've bought it instead.
Worth a look, the shoe looks better in person than in the pics.Quote:Originally Posted by evolved
You selling them?
No, as BWV988 said, they must be the first run of my MTO.post #37258 of 707371/25/14 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
Damn my gf loves jazz. Me as long as it has Southern rock in it I'm OK with it No need to provide me with tickets although I am honored to say the least. Please send me info with your information if you have time, I just checked it out and looks like they are available at the door. But if you don't mind send me a PM. We are upgraded to a blizzard warning with -50 below zero wind chill but that is why I have a 4x4. You do realize you just cost me a pair of AE's as I will likely will have to spend the night there? No complaints here though!
Well, unfortunately not a hint of southern rock in this set. The university band will play a few songs, and then our quintet (I'm the saxophonist, but not the leader) will close the concert. It will be quite modern, I'm afraid. ;)
I really wouldn't want you to go to any trouble, especially if the weather's bad. Was half-joking to be honest, although it WOULD be great to meet you in person! And will be wearing my new shell AE MTO :)
If it's too hairy to make the trek, one of my own concerts is being broadcast on NPR this weekend. So if you have a radio handy, that may be a much more manageable commute!
Will send a PM with my phone numberpost #37259 of 707371/25/14 at 9:01ampost #37260 of 707371/25/14 at 9:03amQuote:
Last time I checked Amazon have them in all sizes for $245. I bought one in 3E and they fit perfectly; mines' lacing gap becomes less and less as they get broken in (I've been wearing them at least twice a week in the office this winter).
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 44 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › BNWT $5000 100%Silk RLPL Custom Fit double breasted suit 40R 1 minute ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding