First stop should be the mental ward!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2472post #37066 of 707371/22/14 at 11:44ampost #37067 of 707371/22/14 at 11:48ampost #37068 of 707371/22/14 at 11:53amQuote:Originally Posted by NWTeal
I don't know who's MTO this was but the Promontory Points look amazing in shell
The toe looks too pointy to be a Promontory. It is just me? Regardless, it does look great.post #37069 of 707371/22/14 at 12:26pm
I have some loose threads (very small) that seem to be melted at the ends on the inside of my shoe. They sometimes poke me and it's obviously uncomfortable. The stitched square (where the start of the tongue and the uppers meet) is where they're located (on the inside of course). If I were to cut the sharp tips off the ends of the loose strands on the inside, could that lead to unraveling of the stitching?
and a picture from the inside...
Edited by deeselcyde - 1/22/14 at 1:31pmpost #37070 of 707371/22/14 at 12:38pmpost #37071 of 707371/22/14 at 12:38pmpost #37072 of 707371/22/14 at 1:19pmpost #37073 of 707371/22/14 at 1:32pmpost #37074 of 707371/22/14 at 2:19pm
Yep - Picked these up for right at $100 after shipping. Not a bad deal at all. Waiting for them to come in now!
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/wolverine-1000-mile-wilton-chukka-boots-suede-factory-2nds-for-men~p~6601d/?filterString=mens-boots~d~137%2FWolverine-1000-Mile~b~3972%2F&colorFamily=01post #37075 of 707371/22/14 at 2:20pmQuote:
I just got mine about a week ago and have been wearing them non-stop. Super comfortable right out of the gate. I would say fit is TTS. Yes, the white harrier sole has gotten dirty in a hurry, but it is super comfortable.
A great looking boot.post #37076 of 707371/22/14 at 3:00pmpost #37077 of 707371/22/14 at 3:10pmQuote:For me, the 20-30 years I spend looking at, getting complemented on and caring for my 5K worth of shoes will SMASH any vacation I spend 5K on... That vacay for 5K is over in, what... 7-10 days, TOPS?!? My girl used to say an experience is better than any 'thing' i gift her with... The math I'm doing leans heavily toward the 'thing'- SHOES!!!Originally Posted by NWTeal
My girlfriend and I are planning a Europe trip in the fall and I'm definitely planning on stopping by a Carmina store or a C&J if we get to London.
FWIW, I think a good vacation is probably a better use of $5k than a $5k collection of shoes if you had to choose since it's something you can share with friends, family or significant other. If you have $5k worth of shoes, I would imagine you could take a $5k vacation every now and then.post #37078 of 707371/22/14 at 3:17pmpost #37079 of 707371/22/14 at 3:42pmQuote:
I first contacted Allison on 11/27/2013. We talked back and forth for a week or two about what options there were and what would look good. Then she sent a test pair of 222 lasted Aberdeens for me to try. I wasn't sure of the size so she sent another pair. We lost a few weeks over the break and started talking again around 1/10/2014 when I gave her what I thought my final order was. Before she put in the order I changed to the mini-lug sole. And then at the last minute this week, I inquired about Golden Brown Chromexcel and got the word it was doable. I got the actual final invoice this morning. Supposedly the uppers will be cut tomorrow:
*3119 GOLDEN BROWN CHROME XL
*KHAKI UPPER STITCH
*INDEPENDENCE LINING AND INSOLE
*BROWN SMOKEY STITCH SPLIT REVERSE
*LIGHT BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING
*COPPER HOOKS AND EYELETS TOP 4 NEED TO BE SPEED HOOKS
*DOUBLE MINI LUG TAP OUTSOLE
I ended up deciding on 8.5E with Independence lining/insole. I wear 8.5D on 5-65 and 9D on most others. Basically the 8.5E felt pretty good, but I felt there was enough room for the slight tightening with Independence. Though if I went without Independence, I would've stayed with the same size. I can let you know how they feel whenever they finally arrive.post #37080 of 707371/22/14 at 3:57pmQuote:
thanks for the feedback. thinking of doing an MTO with cognac dublin leather, chili reverse welt and dainite sole. This waived MTO fee is a pretty good deal when combined with clearance prices.
Edited by mdavis534 - 1/22/14 at 5:09pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 5 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 36 seconds ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...