I got an email yesterday stating 30-40% off select seconds, not sure which models are included though
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 10:12 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2427post #36391 of 707371/10/14 at 10:11ampost #36392 of 707371/10/14 at 10:13amQuote:Originally Posted by rc121
Quote:Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan
my apologies, it wasn't you... it was the person whose assertion you were defending. I wrongly stated that you said that, and I apologize. Maybe New Shoes made the same mistake.
Someone else said $350+, we disagreed with his post, you defended it... and thus started the confusion which I most assuredly contributed to.
can we move along? Roger expects more from AE for his money, you expect better photos on the AE website, everyone has their own opinion and lets just leave it at that
I am constitutionally unable to wade through the kind of back-and-forth that has been going on here for the past couple of hours. Perhaps I could summarize what I think may be the gist of it:
(1) AE makes a high volume of shoes that it then sells for around $350 list.
(2) Patient, careful, and/or tolerant shoppers can often find them at significant discounts.
(3) Some people don’t find the fit, finish, etc. of AE’s shoes to be acceptable at the $350 price point. Others do.
(4) More people are willing to accept the level of fit, finish, etc. of the shoes when they are purchased at significant discounts.
(5) AE is not trying to compete with Carmina, C&J, Church, (fill in your preferred European shoemaker here).
(6) No matter what their price and level of fit, finish, etc. is, AEs are much better than typical Chinese- and/or Indian-made J&M, Cole-Haan, etc., and patient, careful, and/or tolerant shoppers can often find AEs for prices that are very competitive with said Chinese- and/or Indian-made crap.
(7) At the end of the day, there will need to be some “agreeing to disagree.”
Is this accurate? Have I left anything out?
Edited by halfnhalfnhalf - 1/10/14 at 10:54ampost #36393 of 707371/10/14 at 10:19ampost #36394 of 707371/10/14 at 10:19amQuote:
I haven't got that email yet... only the Web Gems email in Brown Burnished on Tuesday..
As mentioned earlier in the thread, I spoke with Phil/Vincenzo at ShoeBank and they said Februrary is when there is usually a ~15% off factory seconds and then closeout sales on select models.post #36395 of 707371/10/14 at 10:22ampost #36396 of 707371/10/14 at 10:42ampost #36397 of 707371/10/14 at 10:44amThis thread is more fun when people post pictures of their new shoes, shells after a few years of wearing in, and post-shine/care! I love AE shoes and have paid a variety of prices for all of them (ebay, seconds, Nordstrom, full price shells) and enjoy wearing them and receiving compliments for having "nice shoes, dude!"post #36398 of 707371/10/14 at 10:47amI received an email yesterday or the day before that the Strandmok in blue suede were on sale for $199. Think the email was titled Winter Blues or something. I was tempted as I've always wanted a pair of blue suede shoes. I just think there are few options for pairing them with anything other than jeans.post #36399 of 707371/10/14 at 10:52ampost #36400 of 707371/10/14 at 10:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Mark_Y
I received an email yesterday or the day before that the Strandmok in blue suede were on sale for $199. Think the email was titled Winter Blues or something. I was tempted as I've always wanted a pair of blue suede shoes. I just think there are few options for pairing them with anything other than jeans.
Khaki's and cords as well! It'd probably work well with some wool/tweed/flannel pants too!post #36401 of 707371/10/14 at 11:03ampost #36402 of 707371/10/14 at 11:06ampost #36403 of 707371/10/14 at 11:08am
I am trying to hard not to purchase a pair of Rutledge seconds for $229 (originally $475 for firsts). Good looking shoe but I already have a pair of walnut Strands and bourbon McAllister's. Also fighting off Haights for $200 as well...post #36404 of 707371/10/14 at 11:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Dillardiv
This thread is more fun when people post pictures of their new shoes, shells after a few years of wearing in, and post-shine/care! I love AE shoes and have paid a variety of prices for all of them (ebay, seconds, Nordstrom, full price shells) and enjoy wearing them and receiving compliments for having "nice shoes, dude!"
There's always room for civil and respectful discussions in this thread.post #36405 of 707371/10/14 at 11:35am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 14 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 15 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 17 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding