or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2420  

post #36286 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post


yeah. IMO it's always better to be thorough so you know your intentions are understood. I avoid communicating via text whenever possible because misunderstandings are so rampant.

That's what I thought I was doing. Well, if I haven't been pardoned, at least I believe I'm understood a bit better now. I'll take it.

In other news... there are new kids on the block. Twins!
post #36287 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint76 View Post

Agree, thanks for the tip, I'm still just getting used to having laces!

ypagybys.jpg

Huge improvement. Good choice.
post #36288 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

That's what I thought I was doing. Well, if I haven't been pardoned, at least I believe I'm understood a bit better now. I'll take it.

In other news... there are new kids on the block. Twins!

Congratulations! Let's go to Davidoff, my treat!

Very rosy, as well! No hint of jaundice. Are they burgundy shell or merlot calf?
post #36289 of 70737
post #36290 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

When's the next second's sale? I want to order some strands. I blame you guys for this addiction now. Although I hope I don't end up with 25 pairs. smile.gif

 

 

I'm dying for a seconds sale myself. A 2 for $250 would be amazing. 

post #36291 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

That's what I thought I was doing. Well, if I haven't been pardoned, at least I believe I'm understood a bit better now. I'll take it.

In other news... there are new kids on the block. Twins!

Hot damn, I always thought the Franciscan were a little too much for me, but now I'm intrigued... Hmm
post #36292 of 70737

I've been a long time lurker here and I have a question for you gentlemen.  Can anyone identify these?  I'll admit i'm new to AE's and if I had to guess i'd say Macneil but i'm not sure.  

post #36293 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post


That's what I thought I was doing. Well, if I haven't been pardoned, at least I believe I'm understood a bit better now. I'll take it.

In other news... there are new kids on the block. Twins!

Yes, you were absolutely doing that. My comment about being thorough was in no way directed at you... sorry if it seemed that way. I've just always thought these sorts of things were amusing. It's a cycle of misunderstanding. You didn't mean anything bad, I totally understand that now, MWS didn't mean anything bad, I didn't mean anything bad, we misunderstood each other (more than once it seems) so the point of all of this is.......... Hey nice shoes! I want some burgundy in my collection, but my wife is not a fan :(... any suggestions?

post #36294 of 70737

Just got a pair, not sure how I am gonna wear them yet. Maybe with some jeans. How about some shorts?
post #36295 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaperedGent View Post

I've been a long time lurker here and I have a question for you gentlemen.  Can anyone identify these?  I'll admit i'm new to AE's and if I had to guess i'd say Macneil but i'm not sure.  



You are correct.
post #36296 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor Xll View Post


Just got a pair, not sure how I am gonna wear them yet. Maybe with some jeans. How about some shorts?

Jeans will work; shorts, not so much.
post #36297 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmartin View Post
 

If any of y'all have a pair of Broadstreets (3-73 last), what size are they in relation to your 1, 5, or 7 last shoes?        I'm trying to guesstimate what size I need.   

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKJ1 View Post
 

I was looking into the broadstreets also, and was told that they run about the same size width wise, but shorter than the 5 last. AE site states that they are the "fullest girth" measurement, so I guesstimate one size up in length, and one size down in width compared to 5 last. Every ones feet are different though, so your results may be totally different. I'm going to my local AE store to try some shoes in that last before I put in my order to be on the safe side. Last time I guesstimated my size in AE shoes, I ended having to adjust my size 3 times. If it wasn't for AE's great customer service, and the SA offering to exchange my already worn pair for a new pair in my correct size, I would have been stuck with some ill fitting shoes.

 

I have the Broadstreet in a size 12D, and all of my 5 lasted shoes are also 12D. They fit great. 

post #36298 of 70737

Thanks for the response!

post #36299 of 70737

Sometimes you have to go to the basics.

This is my very first shell AE shoe from a while ago... obviously starting a shell habit.

Love the color in the sunlight.

This is without any filtering.

post #36300 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post


That's what I thought I was doing. Well, if I haven't been pardoned, at least I believe I'm understood a bit better now. I'll take it.

In other news... there are new kids on the block. Twins!
 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post
 

Yes, you were absolutely doing that. My comment about being thorough was in no way directed at you... sorry if it seemed that way. I've just always thought these sorts of things were amusing. It's a cycle of misunderstanding. You didn't mean anything bad, I totally understand that now, MWS didn't mean anything bad, I didn't mean anything bad, we misunderstood each other (more than once it seems) so the point of all of this is.......... Hey nice shoes! I want some burgundy in my collection, but my wife is not a fan :(... any suggestions?

 

:cheers:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...