Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2417post #36241 of 707371/7/14 at 7:54pmpost #36242 of 707371/7/14 at 7:56pmpost #36243 of 707371/7/14 at 8:01pmpost #36244 of 707371/7/14 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by EEWithoutStyle
Of course, if it hinders comfort then you should lace whichever way suits you best. I laced my park aves in that fashion at first and they just looked really off. Went to straight bar lace and boy are they beautiful. Luckily for me bar lacing is just as comfortable. Strands will be my next purchase. Possibly Knielworths after. Just need to secure a new job first.
meant the straight bar lacing is the only way comfortable! the cross lacing is too bumpy on the top of my foot, but easy to lace up to check the fit!post #36245 of 707371/7/14 at 8:09pmpost #36246 of 707371/7/14 at 8:18pmpost #36247 of 707371/7/14 at 8:27pmpost #36248 of 707371/7/14 at 11:17pmpost #36249 of 707371/7/14 at 11:41pmpost #36250 of 707371/8/14 at 4:53amQuote:
I'll defer to Cold Iron, but shell should have no problem with snow. It's the rock salt used in cities as ice melt that you have to be very careful about.post #36251 of 707371/8/14 at 5:34amQuote:Originally Posted by wdahab
I had to send my Banchory's back and decided to take a refund instead of a remake, as I don't feel the need to force them to make the shoes a 3rd or 4th time. They somehow got to me with a lot of the pinking (the zig zags) overlapped by stitching that was supposed to be underneath. So the stitches are half over the tips of the pinking and half off.
I have no hard feelings. It was an experiment and Allison has been great. I do think I'll order a MTO brown CXL pair of the Leeds at some point. And still waiting on the Neumoks.
First the Neumoks now the Banchorys?!?!?! And you still didnt post any pics of what came in?!!! Come on buddy, we would still like to see how the design came out. You came up with unique configurations that I am sure many people would like to see in real life.
Think about it, this forum is to insight and educate everyone. Posting any and all pics is a great help, even if the shoes arent 100%.
BUMMER!!!post #36252 of 707371/8/14 at 6:08ampost #36253 of 707371/8/14 at 6:28amQuote:Dont you find that the criss cross ruins the dressy boot look? I considered this method... I currently use the bar method but have no support.Originally Posted by kentyman
I just use Criss Cross Lacing, though as I always do with criss cross, I start the bottom as "straight across on the inside outside" of the bottom eyelets. Basically, like this:post #36254 of 707371/8/14 at 6:32ampost #36255 of 707371/8/14 at 6:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Septimus
First outing for a pair of flawless-as-far-as-I-can-tell Harrison seconds that I picked up over the holidays.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It is my first pair from the Independence line, and they feel great. I almost hate to walk on the soles.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › BRAND NEW SPECIAL ORDER TWO PIECE VERSACE SUIT 3 seconds ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 16 seconds ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Video Games 4 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 5 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 6 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Partenopea 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...