or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2404  

post #36046 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post
 

nice to be back basking in the glory of MWS' vast knowledge of shoes! I was beginning to think he was bored of answering all of our questions.

 

:D

 

Seconded!

post #36047 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris45 View Post
 

@OptoDoc @halfnhalfnhalf 

 

Just added a Bourbon Kenilworth to the starter collection .. looks like either black or dark brown PA will be next. =]

 

 

@grenik -- I spoke with Phil and Vincenzo at the Shoe Bank today .. they mentioned the 'big Shoe Bank' sales are usually twice a year with one usually in February.  I believe he said it would be some percentage off the seconds regular price with certain models on closeout.  They said the other time is usually toward the end of the year (I forget which month he said).

 

But as @OptoDoc said, it appears the best way to know is this thread in particular.

 

Sweet!  Bourbon is a beautiful color and I predict you'll treasure those Kenilworths.

post #36048 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris45 View Post
 

@grenik -- I spoke with Phil and Vincenzo at the Shoe Bank today .. they mentioned the 'big Shoe Bank' sales are usually twice a year with one usually in February.  I believe he said it would be some percentage off the seconds regular price with certain models on closeout.  They said the other time is usually toward the end of the year (I forget which month he said).

 

 

There was a sale along these lines in late August and early September last year - 15% off the normal seconds (and I believe closeouts as well) prices across the board.  It was via this route that I built the bulk of my collection.  Not sure if it's an every-year thing, but it does fit the timeline you've been told.

post #36049 of 70737
Has anyone heard from Allison recently? I sent her an email on Tuesday and followed up yesterday (regarding a potential MTO) and I haven't heard back from her at all.
post #36050 of 70737
Been waiting on a final confirmation email from her for a MTO for a couple days now.
post #36051 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Has anyone heard from Allison recently? I sent her an email on Tuesday and followed up yesterday (regarding a potential MTO) and I haven't heard back from her at all.
Haven't heard from her since Tuesday, she's usually responsive within a few days for me.
post #36052 of 70737
Guess they're probably just overwhelmed then. I'll keep on keepin' on.
post #36053 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post
 

 

I don't think I'd worry about it.

After wearing them a little more around the house I think I'm going to return them.  The noise seems to be getting louder.  Very annoying.  I'm almost at wits end with AE.  I've been trying to get a decent pair of Mcallisters for 5 months now.  I've honestly had 5 pairs with each on showing some kind of defect (brogueing out of place, sitting in the box weird with bowed ankles, etc.).  I don't know if I'm expecting too much or not.  Good thing I've been dealing with Nordstrom.  Looks like I'll be taking them back and ordering 2 more pairs to try again.

post #36054 of 70737

I'm currently having a AE fransican, however, i feel that the insole is too hard for my liking. thinking of getting an insole and I'm looking at the superfeet selection, any idea which one would provide the best fit? (green, blue, or black?)

post #36055 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lontonglah View Post
 

I'm currently having a AE fransican, however, i feel that the insole is too hard for my liking. thinking of getting an insole and I'm looking at the superfeet selection, any idea which one would provide the best fit? (green, blue, or black?)

Superfeet are made specifically for guys with flat feet or plantar fascitis. If you are just looking for more comfort, I would go with a flat gel or foam insert from a chain pharmacy.

 

The green superfeet insert is a high-volume and will take up the most room, but have the most cushion. The black will take up little room, but offer little cushion. Again, if you don't want to change the fit, get a flat, thin cushioned insole.

post #36056 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansto View Post
 

Superfeet are made specifically for guys with flat feet or plantar fascitis. If you are just looking for more comfort, I would go with a flat gel or foam insert from a chain pharmacy.

 

The green superfeet insert is a high-volume and will take up the most room, but have the most cushion. The black will take up little room, but offer little cushion. Again, if you don't want to change the fit, get a flat, thin cushioned insole.

Thanks for your feedback Ryansto, I wasn't aware about the details yet, I thought the purpose for insole is quite standard, i.e. increase comfort/cushion. Anyway, i'm also looking to change the fit as currently i'm having blister from wearing the shoes too, in my pinky toe (probably my socks is not thick enough) and the area below the lateral maleolus of my right feet, would getting insole help?

post #36057 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Arrived this morning, just in time for the big blizzard. Can't believe I got firsts for $215 (thanks again to bbob2013 for the $35 off coupon):


Only problem is my HDLP doesn't arrive til Saturday, so I guess I'll be sporting my leaky, crappy rock port Indy boots until then...

 

 

Looking good!  :slayer:

post #36058 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post
 

 

The 3-73 is their widest last.  I'd be surprised if sizing up a width were ever necessary, but if you've had to, I can't argue with your experience.  If anything, I'd think going down one width would make more sense (but I went true to size).

 

For the 5-65 last, I think it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.  I am true to size from a comfort perspective, but the shoe flexes and creases in a funky way.  I found that going up a half length and down a width kept the same comfort, but made the shoe flex/crease much more appropriately.

 

For the 7-97 last, up a half length is better for me, but I can pull off true to size.

 

I'm true to size in the 1-511, and haven't messed with the 4-234.

 

I'm true to size on the 2-222 and the 8-108 lasts.

+1 on the comments on 3-73.  3-73 is a hard one for me because they don't have a C in this last - at least for my size.  So I go 1/2 size down in length and +1 in width.  Similar to the convention for the 5-65.

post #36059 of 70737


Not sure if any of you guys have ties to these Dalton's but DAMN! He used the MTO program to the fullest.

Looks like they are chocolate, navy, and maize. Very unique.
post #36060 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lontonglah View Post
 

Thanks for your feedback Ryansto, I wasn't aware about the details yet, I thought the purpose for insole is quite standard, i.e. increase comfort/cushion. Anyway, i'm also looking to change the fit as currently i'm having blister from wearing the shoes too, in my pinky toe (probably my socks is not thick enough) and the area below the lateral maleolus of my right feet, would getting insole help?

The Franciscan is on the 333 which is a wide last.  My experience is that when I get a blister on the pinky toe, it's because it's too tight.  Maybe the shoe is too big and your foot is moving a lot.  If this is the case, then an insole will take the volume out and may help you.    

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...