or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2371  

post #35551 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Are you going to be sporting a tux or a suit?

-Mike

Hey Mike, black suit!
post #35552 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

Hey Mike, black suit!

They look good enough for a suit to me.

-Mike
post #35553 of 70737
Would this stitching be of concern. They are on my Jingle Moks (firsts).
post #35554 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by njruss View Post

Would this stitching be of concern. They are on my Jingle Moks (firsts).

Unless i got a huge discount for them, I would not accept this. For optical reasons and because I would be concerned if this deviation from the ideal line impacts the longevity of the shoes.

Interesting to see that something that eye catching could make it past quality control out of the factory.
post #35555 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexE View Post

Unless i got a huge discount for them, I would not accept this. For optical reasons and because I would be concerned if this deviation from the ideal line impacts the longevity of the shoes.

Interesting to see that something that eye catching could make it past quality control out of the factory.

Thanks. They are firsts, the holiday webgem.
post #35556 of 70737

Gentlemen,

 

On the 5-last, is the difference between an E and EEE great?

post #35557 of 70737
Can someone tell me the difference between the Brooks Brothers Medallion Perforated captoe and the Strand? I know the sole is a bit different, but anything else?

I also read that AE won't recraft these.

I'm thinking of picking up a pair in walnut during this current BB sale. No great deals on them at Norsstrom.

Thanks
post #35558 of 70737

Some seldom seen on Styleforum AE Voyagers......

post #35559 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Y View Post

Merry Christmas all. Hope everyone has a healthy and happy holiday.

Nordstrom men sale is quite disappointing in the AE department. VERY few sizes. I was hoping to pick up a pair of Strands and they only have a size 12 and the sale is 15% off. Everything else isn't much better.

STRANDS ON SALE:  $229.90 (regular $345)

 

Not sure where you saw that, but I see that the STRANDS are 33% OFF at $229.00 (regular $345.00) at Nordstroms in just about any size you want.  The manager of the Spokane Nordstroms will drop ship directly to your home for free.  Canadians can get free shipping from a Nordstroms Store also when going through the manager.

 

Remember to sign up for a free Nordstroms Rewards Account, which links their no-credit check card to your bank account for extra points.

post #35560 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post



STRANDS ON SALE:  $229.90 (regular $345)

Not sure where you saw that, but I see that the STRANDS are 33% OFF at $229.00 (regular $345.00) at Nordstroms in just about any size you want.  The manager of the Spokane Nordstroms will drop ship directly to your home for free.  Canadians can get free shipping from a Nordstroms Store also when going through the manager.

Remember to sign up for a free Nordstroms Rewards Account, which links their no-credit check card to your bank account for extra points.

That price is for black only. I'm looking for walnut. Thanks though.
post #35561 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Y View Post

That price is for black only. I'm looking for walnut. Thanks though.

Agreed I'm waiting for walnut too, boo!
post #35562 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Y View Post

Can someone tell me the difference between the Brooks Brothers Medallion Perforated captoe and the Strand? I know the sole is a bit different, but anything else?

I also read that AE won't recraft these.

I'm thinking of picking up a pair in walnut during this current BB sale. No great deals on them at Norsstrom.

Thanks

 

Essentially it's the Strands version for BB with rubber outsole and cushioned insole.  I have the BB Fifth Aves and like them very much.  The fit is a bit tighter than AE but very comfortable.

 

From what I understand from the forum, AE will recraft them.

post #35563 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

Agreed I'm waiting for walnut too, boo!

That's why I'm thinking of getting the Brooks Brothers version.
post #35564 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post

Some seldom seen on Styleforum AE Voyagers......



Those look good! Why are the AE web site photos of them ugly as sin?

How do they wear?
post #35565 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post


Agreed I'm waiting for walnut too, boo!

I was expecting more from the Nordstrom sale myself.  I might just lay off buying shoes for a while and spend more time wearing what I have.  I bet a lot of us spend more time buying than we do wearing! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...