My first reaction was "return". But since this is a cappuccino MTO, you are definitely right about the risk of not getting it. If you really like the color, ask for a price adjustment at a minimum. If you can live with the regular brown as fall back, return it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2368post #35506 of 7070012/24/13 at 12:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35507 of 7070012/24/13 at 12:41amQuote:Originally Posted by bl@ster
Boys, my MTO Cappuccino shell Leeds and MacNeils just came in and they turned out great. I ordered them in August so they did take a while but in the end Allison and co. delivered. Here are pics and specs:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Leeds specs: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
MacNeil specs: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My Cappucino Lexington MTO has come-in as well. Unfortunately, I'm on vacation. Will have to wait until next week to see them. It's kinda ironic because Allison had them shipped overnight last Friday, which seems like what she did for the others who got their MTOs as well. And I found out that she had to drive my shoes off an AE store to have it shipped because they missed the shipping cut-off in the Factory. I'm pretty sure she did the same thing with the others. We are sooo lucky to have her.post #35508 of 7070012/24/13 at 5:46ampost #35509 of 7070012/24/13 at 6:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Buddy0329
The long awaited Long Branch boots arrived today. They look spectacular and have a perfect fit. Definitely sleeker than my Alden Indy boots in Kudu for bad weather days that I just bought a few weeks ago. Trying to decide if I should keep them or sell them at a discount to msrp ( I'd prefer not to return another pair of AE's to my local store. Not sure I want to have that much money vested in lug sole boots right now, but they certainly do not disappoint:
I posted these in the buy & sell forum this morning for $300. I'm a little bit indifferent about keepin them or not. If they sell good because I already spent too much money on shoes this year, if they won't sell then I'll have another bad weather boot.post #35510 of 7070012/24/13 at 6:50amQuote:
I on the other hand haven't been having the same luck.
I am at 10 weeks, because the first round failed inspection ~4 weeks ago.
That being said, she has been very helpful when you can get hold of her.post #35511 of 7070012/24/13 at 8:13amQuote:Originally Posted by David Copeland
ANOTHER NORDSTROM AFTER-CHRISTMAS SALE looks promising.
I should have more details to share, but it looks to be around 33% OFF the regular price. If so, then my next purchase will be the Daltons for around $265.00 (regular $395.00), which comes with the Nordstrom's fabulous "satisfaction" guarantee and free shipping both ways - PLUS extra Rewards Points.
Any idea of what other AEs will be on sale?post #35512 of 7070012/24/13 at 8:28ampost #35513 of 7070012/24/13 at 8:45am
Seeing others post pics of their cappuccino's reminded me to post pictures of my full Macneil (blemish and all).....I must say, they are fantastic looking save for the pinking issue.
Cappuccino Macneil - 10.5B
Double JR Sole
Tone on Tone Stitching
Chili Split Reverse Welt
Light Brown Transparent Edge Dressingpost #35514 of 7070012/24/13 at 8:54amQuote:Originally Posted by evolved
Seeing others post pics of their cappuccino's reminded me to post pictures of my full Macneil (blemish and all).....I must say, they are fantastic looking save for the pinking issue.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cappuccino Macneil - 10.5B
Double JR Sole
Tone on Tone Stitching
Chili Split Reverse Welt
Light Brown Transparent Edge Dressing
They still look nice and from these photos the blemishes are pretty hard to see. The cappuccino color is really nice. Shame they aren't currently stocking it.post #35515 of 7070012/24/13 at 9:15ampost #35516 of 7070012/24/13 at 10:07amQuote:
Here are all the BB models I'm aware of:Quote:Originally Posted by kentyman
For those that aren't familiar with all the Brooks Brothers (BB) and Ralph Lauren (RL) models, here are the ones I know of. I've linked to their respective websites if possible. Feel free to let me know of any additions or corrections and I can try to keep it up-to-date. Also, if you know which last a given RL model is on, let me know and I'll add it. I'm not positive about the links with question marks; please let me know if you can confirm.
Brooks Brothers (differences include Poron insole, combination outsole, and branding):
- Models marked "Allen Edmonds Collection":
- Other unmarked models:
- Strand: black, brown, walnut
- Fifth Avenue: black, brown, walnut
- McAllister: black, burgundy
- Shelton: tan, walnut/brown
- Neumok: snuff suede
- MacNeil: black grain, chili grain, black/plaid, brown/plaid
- Gatsby: brown/white
- Grayson: black, burgundy?
- Presidio: black?, brown?, walnut?
- Westchester: black?, burgundy?
- "7 Tan Calf/Linen": tan/linen
post #35517 of 7070012/24/13 at 10:08ampost #35518 of 7070012/24/13 at 10:46am
- Sanderson (longwing blucher): black, brown, walnut, snuff suede
- Singleton (penny loafer): black, dark brown, walnut, dark brown suede, snuff suede
- Slaton (perforated captoe (quarter brogue) blucher): black, dark brown, snuff suede
- Stratford (single monkstrap): black, snuff suede
- Saunders (chukka/ankle boot): black, dark brown, walnut ("tan"), snuff suede
- possibly other "Made in America" models?
First day of cleaning up and breaking in my burgundy cordovan Kenilworth. These are definitely the cadillacs of my shoe collection, between the natural beauty of the shell and the comfort of the independence lining. I plan on wearing these quite often.post #35519 of 7070012/24/13 at 11:12ampost #35520 of 7070012/24/13 at 1:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
First day of cleaning up and breaking in my burgundy cordovan Kenilworth. These are definitely the cadillacs of my shoe collection, between the natural beauty of the shell and the comfort of the independence lining. I plan on wearing these quite often.
Warning: Gratuitous Shell Pr0n (Click to show)
Sweet shoes man!
Looking for some advice to narrow down which shoe to get. I've narrowed it down to the park ave (walnut), strand (walnut), and Elgin (light brown) which I plan on wearing mostly with this suit:
Otherwise, I might wear it from time to time in business casual at work, thanks!
Edited by wonsmithr8 - 12/24/13 at 1:50pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...