or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2358  

post #35356 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennzi12 View Post
 

 

Whatever finish they used on the leather to give it a burnished look for this particular style peeled off not only on the toe but other parts of the upper as well.  Not sure if the photos are clear.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

 

Wow, that doesn't look good.  Great to know for future reference.

post #35357 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennzi12 View Post

Whatever finish they used on the leather to give it a burnished look for this particular style peeled off not only on the toe but other parts of the upper as well.  Not sure if the photos are clear.
Man... that left toe looks just like the top of the "leather"-wrapped steering wheel on my Hyundai after nine sunny years and no garage. My wife recently returned some Frye boots due to calf fit issues; I'm glad she didn't keep them long enough for that to develop.

I'm sorry to see it happened to yours. Thank you for sharing the photos.
post #35358 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEgoiste View Post
 

So, my regular shoes size is 9 1/2, but my feet are wide/thick on the top. I ordered a pair of Strands on Amazon last month, size 9 EEE, and it was too small and tight for my feet. Then, I ordered another pair directly from AE, size 9.5 E -- it fits perfectly, except for the top part...

 

 

That's as close as the "V" meet on the top.

 

So, my question is: Should I go with 9.5 EEE or go with a different last (if so, which one would you recommend)?

 

Thanks in advance.

How does a 10E treat you?

post #35359 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


Man... that left toe looks just like the top of the "leather"-wrapped steering wheel on my Hyundai after nine sunny years and no garage. My wife recently returned some Frye boots due to calf fit issues; I'm glad she didn't keep them long enough for that to develop.

I'm sorry to see it happened to yours. Thank you for sharing the photos.

 

I know right!  I noticed something peeling off the tongue of the boot after the fist lace up out of the box. Then I nicked the toe a few days later and noticed some discoloration and more peeling. It is a shame because the boots are really comfortable. I did have a good experience with the Frye Arkansas boot a few years ago.

post #35360 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmonk View Post

That's hilarious but I feel you pain as my foot is very similar. I recommend trying a different last and style. Since you can't lace them up you absolutely have to stick with the derby/blucher style. Avoid the balmoral/oxfords like the plague. You still may need wide sizing but a different style should alleviate the pressure on the top of the foot, good luck.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolognaFingers View Post
 

How does a 10E treat you?

 

I believe a 10E would be too roomy on the toes, as a 9.5E/EEE are already about 1/2" longer for my feet. Just like pbmonk advised, I'll just try a different last. I'm planning on trying on Jos A Bank's AE Boardroom, which are PAs on the 7 last.

post #35361 of 70737

Anyone knows what the deal is with the Mojave chukkas?

 

They were introduced a few months ago, and are apparently now on clearance ($177).  Surprisingly short time for a non-webgem model.

post #35362 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by helius0 View Post
 

Anyone knows what the deal is with the Mojave chukkas?

 

They were introduced a few months ago, and are apparently now on clearance ($177).  Surprisingly short time for a non-webgem model.

 

Might be a boot thing - Shaker Heights and others are now clearance too.

post #35363 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Might be a boot thing - Shaker Heights and others are now clearance too.

They're probably clearing their fall and winter stock, which was boot-heavy.

Looking forward to seeing the spring collection...
post #35364 of 70737
My MTO Bourbon/Brown Broadstreets arrived today.











post #35365 of 70737

Only 4 months but finally figure out how to spit shine  :bigstar:

 

 

 

post #35366 of 70737
Those are very sweet DHD28! You should be very proud of them. Wear them in above average health smile.gif
post #35367 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

Only 4 months but finally figure out how to spit shine  bigstar%5B1%5D.gif


 

What kind of polish did you use?
post #35368 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

My MTO Bourbon/Brown Broadstreets arrived today.




 

 

Great looking MTO, well done!

post #35369 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

Happy Holidays Everyone! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
merryshoes.jpg
I'm getting my run on these shoes as much as I can for the next week or so...

Those are very festive! You need the "candy cane laces" for those though. A guy on an airplane on Tuesday night was wearing Strands with the candy cane laces. I was sporting my Alden penny's on the plane after a day with my Cappuccino Jeffersons.

-Mike

Edit: Lace reference:
http://m.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF936_1_40000000001_-1
post #35370 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I'm liking this euro straight bar lacing. I like that it is easier to tighten than the more clean looking straight bar. I like my Cambridge, but I just wish the color would even out. I don't want to put polish on my beloved shell, but I may have to. The pics do really exaggerate it though.

I have found that an application of Venetian Creme followed by some brushing helps even out the color on any of my shell shoes. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...