For that matter amazon is having a 15% off sale on select AE shoes till March 19th (you do not have to be a prime member). The discount doesn't show until you are on the final checkout screen. No tax plus free shipping was a done deal.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 235
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3512 of 707353/13/12 at 3:18pmpost #3513 of 707353/13/12 at 6:05pmJust picked up a pair of Elgins. The left fits perfectly, however, the right feels like my foot is going over the insole just a little, will this go away with a little wear-in time? This is my first pari of "good" shoes, so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I assume that they will become a bit more fitted as they have the cork layer. Any help would be great.post #3514 of 707353/13/12 at 6:20pmpost #3515 of 707353/13/12 at 7:00pmFYI
There is a new store opening in Oakbrook, IL. A radio ad this morning mentioned a grand opening sale of 15%. They ad also mentioned an upcoming 90th anniversary sale.That may be the motivation I need to buy the neumora. Another pair of shoes I don't need.post #3516 of 707353/13/12 at 8:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikeman
Just picked up a pair of Elgins. The left fits perfectly, however, the right feels like my foot is going over the insole just a little, will this go away with a little wear-in time? This is my first pari of "good" shoes, so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I assume that they will become a bit more fitted as they have the cork layer. Any help would be great.
What is your brannock size? What size are the shoes? Do you have a low instep or flat foot? Did you buy the shoes in store or online? The fit should be pretty good from day one. The shoes will break in, but not that much and not quickly (though some SF members have had a different experience).post #3517 of 707353/13/12 at 8:50pmpost #3518 of 707353/13/12 at 10:14pmpost #3519 of 707353/13/12 at 11:15pmpost #3520 of 707353/14/12 at 1:51ampost #3521 of 707353/14/12 at 5:21amQuote:Quote:
I had a pair and thought they were beautiful in person, but the last is too narrow for my foot. Congratulations.
But.. the old Lombard had a rubber sole. Did they change them, or are these Players?
AE Lombard on website: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF2622C_1_40000000001_-1
Walnut player from Nordstrom (same #2 last): http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-edmonds-players-wingtip-oxford-men/3170711?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=0post #3522 of 707353/14/12 at 5:23ampost #3523 of 707353/14/12 at 6:48amI don't have them handy, but I'm pretty sure my Lombards do have rubber outsoles. The sides of the sole are as pictured above though. Not leather, but finished to resemble wood or something like that. YMMV but these are among the most comfortable shoes I own (10EEE)post #3524 of 707353/14/12 at 6:54am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green UK9/US9.5F Dark Oak 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 16 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 23 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?