or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2325  

post #34861 of 70737
42
post #34862 of 70737
Haha, good point. I've never seen such enthusiasm for something on the 2-last
post #34863 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjyoung View Post
 

Jumping on the Eagle County MTO bandwagon. Chili or burgundy/merlot upper?

Second vote for the Merlot! Only reason I'm not doing it is because I don't own lighter colored AE's and too close to my chocolate Daltons.  I'm also probably going to have remorse when I see the pics of yours.

post #34864 of 70737
Are the RL shoes made by AE all on the 222 last? I.e., Sanderson, Slaton, Saunders, etc.
post #34865 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

Haha, good point. I've never seen such enthusiasm for something on the 2-last

 

2-last is actually a large part of why I'm going for it. I'm normally a 13C and they don't like Daltons in C width; the 13D Eagle Countys fit me like a glove and have a nicer shape to boot.

post #34866 of 70737
^I think it's great csi; I love the Norwich monkstraps but could not get the 2last to work for me in any size. It's a notorious last that either really works or doesn't, so I hope these other guys are in your camp and know what they're getting into!
post #34867 of 70737

How long do "made to order" Strands usually take to be made and shipped? I ordered a pair on Nov. 22nd, and its status still says "Order Received".

 

Thanks

post #34868 of 70737
4-8 weeks
post #34869 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

^I think it's great csi; I love the Norwich monkstraps but could not get the 2last to work for me in any size. It's a notorious last that either really works or doesn't, so I hope these other guys are in your camp and know what they're getting into!

 

Yeah, my only concern is that I'm getting them in calf rather than the cowhide that fit me very nicely - but if anything too big > too small and I'll just wear thicker socks.

 

What is this about excessive creasing, though?

post #34870 of 70737
Excessive creasing presumably due to poor fit.

Someone more knowledgeable should correct me, but if anything, I think calf might fit tighter than cowhide. Something to do with how the leather fits around the last. For example the McTavish is well known to be much looser than its calf skin counterparts on the 5 last.
post #34871 of 70737

The question I have is how long a RECRAFT takes. They charged my card on the 22nd of Nov. and the shoes arrived there on 20th of Nov. I'm just anxious and of course they haven't sent any emails or updates what so ever.

post #34872 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 

The question I have is how long a RECRAFT takes. They charged my card on the 22nd of Nov. and the shoes arrived there on 20th of Nov. I'm just anxious and of course they haven't sent any emails or updates what so ever.

It is generally 3-4 weeks.

If you are concerned, call Barb in Recrafting.

She has gotten back to me timely when I called her.

post #34873 of 70737

I just confirmed my order going in for my Eagle County MTO's with Allison on the phone.  She's been great about getting back to me either later the same day or the next day, but I've called twice and never been made to feel like I was pestering/an annoyance.  If you are getting frustrated re: email correspondence, you can always call.  If she doesn't pick up you can either leave a message or just wait on the line.

post #34874 of 70737

The only #2 last I have is the RL Sanderson.  It is the same size as almost all my AE shoes.

 

It fits me differently than the #5, but not necessarily worse or better.  It MIGHT be a smidge narrower than the 5, but it more than makes up for it - for me - by being more tolerant of my high instep.  I took a chance on it because of a great deal at Jeffersonville at the time.  The closest brick and morter AE store is 350 miles away and even they don't usually have and #2 last shoes in E or EE's in stock so I rolled the dice and it worked out.

 

Had I jumped onto the EC MTO, I would have ordered the same size and crossed my fingers. 

post #34875 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count de Monet View Post
 

The only #2 last I have is the RL Sanderson.  It is the same size as almost all my AE shoes.

 

It fits me differently than the #5, but not necessarily worse or better.  It MIGHT be a smidge narrower than the 5, but it more than makes up for it - for me - by being more tolerant of my high instep.  I took a chance on it because of a great deal at Jeffersonville at the time.  The closest brick and morter AE store is 350 miles away and even they don't usually have and #2 last shoes in E or EE's in stock so I rolled the dice and it worked out.

 

Had I jumped onto the EC MTO, I would have ordered the same size and crossed my fingers. 

 

Another perspective on the fit of the 2 last, for what it's worth:

 

I have a pair of shell Norwiches in 9.5 E (my typical size).  When I got them they were tight enough in the toes that my first instinct was to return them.  But, since they were such a good price (seconds minus an additional 15%) and since I have such an abiding love of shell, I wore them around the house off and on for a week or so until they loosened up enough for me to decide to keep them after all.  I wouldn't want to walk 10 miles in them now, but they're certainly fine for my ordinary use.

 

With that experience in mind, when I was considering getting in on the EC deal, I went down to my friendly neighborhood AE store, where the assistant manager put me in the Brannock and then told me I should go up to 9.5 EEE.  I included this information in my initial email to Allison.  Her response was that this would certainly be too loose in the heel, and I would be better off remaining in the E.

 

(As an aside, I don't know if others experience this, but . . . my feet swell when I'm dehydrated, so whenever shoes are too tight for me, I drink a glass or two of water.  It makes a difference!)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...