or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2315  

post #34711 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Wow everyone is receiving their shoes. Wonder when I'll get my Black Friday order here in Canada!!


I ordered mine on Thursday night at around 10pm, and it arrived on Monday morning. Order of 4 shoes. Not sure what the hold up is on your order.

post #34712 of 70737

Ordered a pair of tan Finch on the $99 closeout sale.  They arrived yesterday and I must say they were easily the worst of the seconds I have received. Multiple issues, far beyond what their reputation for seconds is.  I emailed them today and they already have another pair waiting for me that has been checked and never even tried on yet and I got a return label within minutes.  Jill at Jeffersonville really helped me out fast!  All of the ladies at that store have been fantastic, especially considering that I ask a lot of novice questions!

post #34713 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


This is what it is for me. I find the 333 last to be too trendy. Going with a classic shape you can get more years out of your shoes and I feel that you can get more range with them (casual to dressy), whereas a chiseled last may be harder to wear down. I used to like pointier toe boxes, but I think I have grown out of that now.
 

The 3 last is odd; it's chiseled but lacks any toe puff or waist, making it look simply like an imitation of English chisel toe lasts. I used to like stuff like EGs 888 or GG TG73, but find them too square for my tastes now, and prefer soft squares and almond toes. 

post #34714 of 70737

Received my Black Friday closeouts yesterday and today.

 

I got a pair of tan Aberdeens.  The color is somewhat inconsistent and splotchy, but that's to be expected with seconds and with the dublin leather.  I applied some darker brown polish and it helped to even them out so they look like they have a nice patina.

 

I also got a pair of chestnut Lubbocks.  There is some slight scarring on one, but nothing too noticeable, and nothing that wouldn't have happened after two or three wearings.

 

(I also got a pair of black Kenilworths - first - that look lovely.  I'm breaking them in as we speak.)

 

Most importantly, they all fit great.

post #34715 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post


I ordered mine on Thursday night at around 10pm, and it arrived on Monday morning. Order of 4 shoes. Not sure what the hold up is on your order.

Jeffersonville store or the Shoe Bank? Hope mine is there when I go home tonight then or comes tomorrow!!
post #34716 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by njruss View Post

Ordered a pair of tan Finch on the $99 closeout sale.  They arrived yesterday and I must say they were easily the worst of the seconds I have received. Multiple issues, far beyond what their reputation for seconds is.  I emailed them today and they already have another pair waiting for me that has been checked and never even tried on yet and I got a return label within minutes.  Jill at Jeffersonville really helped me out fast!  All of the ladies at that store have been fantastic, especially considering that I ask a lot of novice questions!

I ask a lot of small questions to them as well and I agree they're pretty good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post

Received my Black Friday closeouts yesterday and today.

I got a pair of tan Aberdeens.  The color is somewhat inconsistent and splotchy, but that's to be expected with seconds and with the dublin leather.  I applied some darker brown polish and it helped to even them out so they look like they have a nice patina.

I also got a pair of chestnut Lubbocks.  There is some slight scarring on one, but nothing too noticeable, and nothing that wouldn't have happened after two or three wearings.

(I also got a pair of black Kenilworths - first - that look lovely.  I'm breaking them in as we speak.)

Most importantly, they all fit great.

Interesting as I ordered the tan Aberdeens as well. Thanks for the tip...I will also just use the brown polish on them before wearing.
post #34717 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

Has anyone done a more casual leathered Kenilworth?  I had a thought of a brown CXL Kenilworth, a more natural welt and maybe a double butyl sole.  Just wondering if anyone else had a visual....

I just ordered a very casual Leeds. Neumok leather, unlined, on a double butyl sole, with split reverse welt
post #34718 of 70737

Chili is definitely tanned in color. As TheSizzle said, they will add burnishing to some chili models, but the calfskin is tanned in that reddish/brown hue from the tannery.

 

To my knowledge, the current Bourbon line is the only example of AE taking one color and turning it into another by this method. Even their original Bourbon shoes that they used to make a few years ago were a true tannage.9uLlxh

post #34719 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post


Jeffersonville store or the Shoe Bank? Hope mine is there when I go home tonight then or comes tomorrow!!


Jville

post #34720 of 70737
Anyone out there use heel pads and if so which ones? One foot always gets heel slip because my feet are different sizes. I stuck a tongue pad in the heel of one shoe just to try it and it helped a lot but I'd have to trim it to fit and not sure if the adhesive would hold. Any recommendations?
post #34721 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post

Anyone out there use heel pads and if so which ones? One foot always gets heel slip because my feet are different sizes. I stuck a tongue pad in the heel of one shoe just to try it and it helped a lot but I'd have to trim it to fit and not sure if the adhesive would hold. Any recommendations?


I have one pair that required heal pads, my usual SA at AE was polite enough to provide them to me free of charge so I am unsure as to the brand. They have worked well four months in and the adhesive is still going strong.
post #34722 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
 

Has anyone actually processed their Eagle County MTO order with Allison yet? I asked her a followup question yesterday morning and have not heard back yet...

 

She finally responded to my EC email today and of course I had to go and reply asking her about the possibility of Bayfields instead.  Now I'm probably at the bottom of the pile . . . . It's amazing how patient she, the Jeffersonville people, the folks at the Shoe Bank, etc. are with the likes of us!

post #34723 of 70737
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

Why am I having this issue with my new Daltons? This is the second pair to do this. One polish, 2 coats, after initial conditioning. They're cracking around the medallions. Wore them one time. Old dried out leather upon purchase? My polishing skills suck? Any suggestions? I compared it to my new strands, because I conditioned and polished them together.

This was how they looked at the start (2nd pair)


This is after conditioning and polishing... AE products only.






The strand after polishing the same morning...no sweat.





...and first pair. Retched. 3 wears, one condition and polish. Right toe...


...and left. Not nearly as bad.


Is this what's to come for my 2nd pair?

IMO, you shouldn't be shoe polishing brand new shoes. Condition yes, but polish only sparingly. I would have applied conditioner to those captoes when new to see if it would be absorbed. It could have been leather shoes that were sitting on the shelves and they dried a little bit. I don't see any cracking.
post #34724 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

That happens to the toe box of my regent streets too. But I've had them for a while. Doesn't really bother me.

 

Had that problem too with my Regent Streets, sent them in for inspection and AE told me that it was a soft spot in the leather. They credited me for the purchase and I got an MTO instead.

 

Love their customer service!

post #34725 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


Have you tried removing the polish to see if it is your polishing skills?

I actually did, Sir Churchill (what's the 'W' for, anyway?)...at your suggestion.  Started over - removed polish, conditioned, buffed. Better. Now to figure out what I did so differently than all the other shoes I polish without this result... 

 

(...'Winston'?)  :rimshot: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...