or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2303  

post #34531 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
 

 

Cool your jets.

 

It's been mentioned multiple times (even in the past couple of posts) that calling slows down the process and she has even mentioned in prior emails that email is the best way to get in contact with her.

I've read that too, but if it's worth firing off several unanswered emails, then it's worth a phone call. If it's not worth a phone call, then "cool your jets," and just wait for a response to your one email. You think that putting more into the inbox makes it's easier to get back to everyone?...again, completely "irrational."

post #34532 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post
 

I've read that too, but if it's worth firing off several unanswered emails, then it's worth a phone call. If it's not worth a phone call, then "cool your jets," and just wait for a response to your one email. You think that putting more into the inbox makes it's easier to get back to everyone?...again, completely "irrational."

Your level of anger is what I'm finding to be irrational :uhoh:

 

If it'll make you feel more at ease, I'll delete my post and move on and you can do the same. 

post #34533 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmerAE View Post

I just spoke with Allison and she is absolutely swamped with emails and calls. She graciously asks that we are patient with her and promises that she'll get to everyone. Emails are best, calls will only slow things down.

Thanks for your patience. 
That's right everybody -- stop bugging Allison so she can respond to the email I sent this morning about the Bayfields I ordered on October 2. wink.gif

In seriousness, all glory to everyone at Allen Edmonds during the holiday rush. I'm grateful that I don't work in a customer-facing environment during the month of December and just as grateful for those who do.

 

Seconded re: the glory.

 

I'm one of the people trying to get in on the Eagle County deal.  Does anyone have a sense of whether they'll still honor the sale price (expires today) if she isn't able to get back to us until tomorrow?

post #34534 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Seconded re: the glory.

 

I'm one of the people trying to get in on the Eagle County deal.  Does anyone have a sense of whether they'll still honor the sale price (expires today) if she isn't able to get back to us until tomorrow?

 

send an email and leave her a voice mail that way you have a trail leading to the inquiry prior to the sale expiring. She is usually good about honoring the sales as long as you start the process prior to it expiring.

post #34535 of 70737

Does anyone know if there are any dainite/hard sole options other than black?

 

I am going with dark chocolate calf or dark brown chromexcel, and I don't think a black sole would suit the boot. If I cant get that Ill probably go with butyl or standard leather...

post #34536 of 70737
"1st quality" Jeffersons in brown cordovan. These were a 2nd attempt, the first ones manufactured last month failed inspection:

Excess material on both wing tips, partially punched brogue still embedded, warped material on instep:







post #34537 of 70737
For the number of resolings, it's worth noting that AE (I believe) replaces the welt whenever they do a recraft. But if you bring the shoes to your local cobbler, he may very well be able to use the same welt for the new resoling (either the whole deal, or just the front half of the leather). If you have a good cobbler, you might not even be able to tell that there's an extra row of holes on the welt. Doubling up on the welt (maybe even going for a third time at his discretion) should significantly extend the life of your shoes.

Also, its worth noting that the only pair I've gotten that really needed a resoling was worn for 2 years maybe 3-4 days a week on average. Some people get theirs done earlier, but many times it's done unnecessarily or too soon. If you get a pair of shoes to the paint where they really needed to be resoled all those times, and they can't get resoled again... well we're talking enough years that you're probably happy with what you got out of them, and its time to retire them.
post #34538 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post

"1st quality" Jeffersons in brown cordovan. These were a 2nd attempt, the first ones manufactured last month failed inspection:

Excess material on both wing tips, partially punched brogue still embedded, warped material on instep:









If you are unhappy, send them back.
I would
post #34539 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post

"1st quality" Jeffersons in brown cordovan. These were a 2nd attempt, the first ones manufactured last month failed inspection:

Excess material on both wing tips, partially punched brogue still embedded, warped material on instep:

Those are virtually identical to the reasons I sent my Neumoks back to Allison. Embedded brogue, warped leather. The excess on the wing, well, I think that might be a quirk of hand-made construction, but the other things aren't really acceptable.
post #34540 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

Those are virtually identical to the reasons I sent my Neumoks back to Allison. Embedded brogue, warped leather. The excess on the wing, well, I think that might be a quirk of hand-made construction, but the other things aren't really acceptable.

Kind of interesting to hear things like this that pass inspection, since my MTO's failed inspection along with several posters in this thread. It seems like it is not an uncommon occurrence for things not to pass.
post #34541 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post

"1st quality" Jeffersons in brown cordovan. These were a 2nd attempt, the first ones manufactured last month failed inspection:

Excess material on both wing tips, partially punched brogue still embedded, warped material on instep: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Agree that if you aren't happy with them, send them back. I got my MTOs done and they were essentially perfect. It had the same cover up job on the front where the Shell met the welt, but over all I am happy with how they were done.

That said, I got them the same day as my Alden Cigar Longwings and the finish on the shell on the Alden blows away the "rare" AE Cappuccino. I actually don't have any AE Brown Shell to compare against Cigar. Brown is the only AE Shell color that I don't have. That said, my AE Walnut Shell Strands is my favorite pair of all my shoes. Even over any of my 15-20 pairs of Alden Shells. :-)

-Mike
post #34542 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

Those are virtually identical to the reasons I sent my Neumoks back to Allison. Embedded brogue, warped leather. The excess on the wing, well, I think that might be a quirk of hand-made construction, but the other things aren't really acceptable.


I was shocked to see these when I opened the box. Not exactly what I was expecting. Though to be honest, I've made several purchases this year that have had some flaws that I more or less shrugged away since these are just shoes after all. In this case I'm not happy seeing these sent to me like this; especially since these were a 2nd attempt. I could probably address the embedded brogue and the excess on the wing, but the warped material on the upper?

The funny(sad) part of this is that I ordered these when AE was offering a free belt along with the purchase of Independence collection shoes. The light brown belt they sent me also should have failed QC since it arrived marked up / beat up from the factory. Looks like I will be returning both items. Good thing I never wore the belt or took the tag off of it.
post #34543 of 70737
deleted double posting
post #34544 of 70737

In an effort to upgrade my dress, I decided to invest in some Allen Edmonds. I knew I needed a major upgrade from my Bostonian Ultralight shoes. 

I guess I watch too much of the TV show Royal Pains, but I just love the contrast of walnut colored shoes with navy and grey trousers/suits. I decided to go with the McAllisters in walnut. Let me just say that I have never owned a piece of clothing in my life that is so beautiful. My old shoes were just that- shoes, but these McAllisters just seem to elevate my style to the next level. The styling is just gorgeous and it goes well with everything from dark jeans to my suit (yes, I know I need to upgrade my wardrobe to make that be plural).

I didn't think that they would be that comfortable being dress shoes and all, but I was really impressed with the comfort. 

 

That said, I did notice some quality issues with one of the shoes in the pair. The stitching on the welt is fraying and one of the stitches on the heel is messed up and coming loose. I contacted Allen Edmonds and they were extremely kind and helpful so hopefully that will get resolved.

 

Since I will be dressing up quite frequently next year for school, I decided to add a second pair of Allen Edmonds and went with the bourbon Strands. I definitely look forward to adding even more in the future!

post #34545 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by optopi314 View Post
 

In an effort to upgrade my dress, I decided to invest in some Allen Edmonds. I knew I needed a major upgrade from my Bostonian Ultralight shoes. 

I guess I watch too much of the TV show Royal Pains, but I just love the contrast of walnut colored shoes with navy and grey trousers/suits. I decided to go with the McAllisters in walnut. Let me just say that I have never owned a piece of clothing in my life that is so beautiful. My old shoes were just that- shoes, but these McAllisters just seem to elevate my style to the next level. The styling is just gorgeous and it goes well with everything from dark jeans to my suit (yes, I know I need to upgrade my wardrobe to make that be plural).

I didn't think that they would be that comfortable being dress shoes and all, but I was really impressed with the comfort. 

 

That said, I did notice some quality issues with one of the shoes in the pair. The stitching on the welt is fraying and one of the stitches on the heel is messed up and coming loose. I contacted Allen Edmonds and they were extremely kind and helpful so hopefully that will get resolved.

 

Since I will be dressing up quite frequently next year for school, I decided to add a second pair of Allen Edmonds and went with the bourbon Strands. I definitely look forward to adding even more in the future!

 

looks like you started off with two great choices. Good luck in trying to resist buying any others.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...