They may need some time to dry fully.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2300post #34486 of 7073712/1/13 at 11:36ampost #34487 of 7073712/1/13 at 12:23pm
Those pictures give me some pause to reconsider, but I can't get over the almost green or grey-ish hue to some of the bourbon shoes I've seen. I think it's also a color I'd like more on a brogue of some sort.
Guys, any advice as far as soles? If I don't mind not having edge dressing/a black sole, is Dainite the best for boots? What, if any, advantages does it have over V-tread or a tempest sole?post #34488 of 7073712/1/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
I just ordered a brand new pair of bourbon strands and will receive it by Dec. 20th. Have you tried a dark brown polish on yours?post #34489 of 7073712/1/13 at 3:55pmpost #34490 of 7073712/1/13 at 6:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by kentyman
Strange; I've never seen Reno darken anything, and it certainly didn't darken my Bourbon Strands. Just how much are you putting on them? Perhaps you way overdid it and they're still saturated? I've been using very light superficial coats because I've read a lot about how a little goes a long way.
Clean shoes with horsehair brush
Apply dime size amount to cotton shirt and apply small strokes from front to back
Dry 45 secs - 1 min
Use horsehair brush again
Wax (if needed)
Use horsehair brush again
Use polishing cloth
Thanks for the repliespost #34491 of 7073712/1/13 at 7:39pmpost #34492 of 7073712/1/13 at 7:45pmpost #34493 of 7073712/1/13 at 7:59pm
$350 for slightly used MacNeil shell shoes on the bay in my size....original soles so they can't be that old, but there is something written in black marker on the sole. I'm semi-tempted...
What do you think? If you swipe them I won't be disappointed since I'm not sure anyway.... ha ha
Edit - it's an auction too, but I've seen these before and they did not sell.post #34494 of 7073712/1/13 at 8:00pmQuote:
Those are super cool. Strand is my favorite AE style by far. Too bad only in 9D.... Can always do a MTO. :-)post #34495 of 7073712/1/13 at 8:36pmQuote:
I would buy that in a heartbeat if AE releases it.post #34496 of 7073712/1/13 at 9:02pmjust dropping this in here. I have a pair of snuff brown suede (rare color?) Bel Air's in 7.5 in pretty good condition for sale. If anyone's interested please let me know. It's a solid semi-brogue wingtip blutcher in an unusual color.post #34497 of 7073712/1/13 at 9:35pmpost #34498 of 7073712/2/13 at 3:42amQuote:
Looks similar to the (discontinued) Elgin.post #34499 of 7073712/2/13 at 6:50ampost #34500 of 7073712/2/13 at 6:52amQuote:
I opted to have Nordstrom's send the shoes to their repair facility (Campus Shoe Repair in Westwood, CA) and received them back. They restitched both shoes. They look pretty good, however, after calling the shoe repair place they do not use the lock-stitch method because they do not have the capability. Also, in some areas it looks as if it is double stitched.
Another question, when recrafted by AE, do they remove and replace the entire sole completely or just the bottom part of the sole (the part that's coming apart in my original pics above). I'm asking because if the replace everything the double stitching won't bother me since eventually I'll be getting new soles on these bad boys.
It's not noticeable but you can see it looks like there a two rows of stitching side by side on parts of the shoe. Also, since they didn't lock-stitch will these things just come apart on me?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Is Paris the most beautiful city in the world? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Reigning Champ Heavyweight Fleece sz M 4 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Whiskey Shell Jumper Boot 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...