or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2296  

post #34426 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipjam View Post

Does anyone know of any stores with Black Friday sales on the Dalton in burnished walnut?

 



What size?

8.5/9D (are they true to size?)
post #34427 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Can someone guide me as to how the 7 fits vs. the five. Sanfords are calling my name.

I'd say go with your true size or 1/2 size up. I am 9.75 on the Brannock and 10D on the 7 last fits me the best. 

post #34428 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToJhunter View Post

Any recommendations on products for spit shinning the cap area of burnished walnut shoes or plain walnut? Just an FYI saphir products are out of my comfort range for price. Thanks in advance!

AE carnuba wax is good for a high shine. And honestly, kiwi is just fine
post #34429 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Can someone guide me as to how the 7 fits vs. the five. Sanfords are calling my name.

 

I'm a 13C in the five last and a 'true' 13.5C on the brannock. I have a pair of used Sanfords that I got off of ebay in 13C, and they're a little wide and a little tight in the toe box (i.e., short) compared to my five last shoes in 13C (PAs, Brooks Strands). So, in my experience, it fits slightly wider and a bit shorter - which makes sense, since the 565 is supposed to be a long and narrow last. Take that for what it's worth (not much).

 

People will repeatedly encourage others to go and try on shoes on this website. Sometimes that's not practical, but I can't endorse that advice enough. I honestly would not buy any shoe that I haven't either tried on or tried on a different shoe in the same last.

post #34430 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

meh......in the end, I just bought a merlot belt

How did you score that? And what belt?
post #34431 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post

I'm a 13C in the five last and a 'true' 13.5C on the brannock. I have a pair of used Sanfords that I got off of ebay in 13C, and they're a little wide and a little tight in the toe box (i.e., short) compared to my five last shoes in 13C (PAs, Brooks Strands). So, in my experience, it fits slightly wider and a bit shorter - which makes sense, since the 565 is supposed to be a long and narrow last. Take that for what it's worth (not much).

People will repeatedly encourage others to go and try on shoes on this website. Sometimes that's not practical, but I can't endorse that advice enough. I honestly would not buy any shoe that I haven't either tried on or tried on a different shoe in the same last.

Totally agree....i appreciate your input. My AE in New Orleans often doesn't carry a ton so that can be problematic, in particular with the more uncommon lasts. Really I am just looking for a ball park idea. I don't scrutinize fit like i once obsessively did.
post #34432 of 70737

I'm looking into an Eagle County made-to-order and in such wanted to gather all the options I have available. From looking some other MTOs, I've come up with the following options. Please let me know if there are any additions or corrections and I'll update as necessary. I know at the very least that I wasn't able to find all the edge dressing options someone figured out before.

 

Leather: any leather (calf/cowhide/Chromexcel/shell) in stock
Extra burnishing? optional
Stitching: tone-on-tone, contrast, practically any thread color (khaki, etc.)

Binding (topline piping / slip beading): certain color, none
Lining: unlined, standard, Independence lambskin, more?
Insole: standard, Independence, Poron, orthotic(?), more?
Welt type: flat, split reverse, more?
Wheeled edge (fudging)? optional on flat welts
Welt color: ("soft?") natural, chili, brown, black, "brown with reverse smokey stitch", more?
Edge dressing: ("natural?") tannatural toasted, light brown transparentbrown transparent, black, more?

Eyelets: blind, brass agatine, copper agatine, matched agatine (is this available?), more?
Speed hooks? optional on boots
Pull tab? optional on boots? Allison said can't be removed as part of the pattern.
Sole: anything found here: http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/ae_spring_digest_web_lr/46


Edited by kentyman - 12/11/13 at 9:19am
post #34433 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilWagon View Post

How did you score that? And what belt?

Actually turns out they were out of the merlot belt with brushed nickel buckle. I ended up getting a factory 2nd burgundy basic dress belt for 19.99. Not bad!

I think select factory second belts that are actually in store (not to be ordered from other branches) at JVille are deeply discounted.

I may call back tomorrow and get the same in chili if they have it...
post #34434 of 70737
I'm bummed to find out the RL Sanderson suede in my size was heavily damaged so I canceled that. But I really like the Sanderson suede...do they often get reduced to $150? How much are they usually on sale?
post #34435 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

I'm bummed to find out the RL Sanderson suede in my size was heavily damaged so I canceled that. But I really like the Sanderson suede...do they often get reduced to $150? How much are they usually on sale?

As far as I can tell, they're always $149. That's not a sale price.

post #34436 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

I'm looking into an Eagle County MTO and in such wanted to gather all the options I have available. From looking some other MTOs, I've come up with the following options. Please let me know if there are any additions or corrections and I'll update as necessary. I know at the very least that I wasn't able to find all the edge dressing options someone figured out before.

 

Leather: any leather (calf/cowhide/Chromexcel/shell) in stock

 

Anyone know how much extra they charge for chromexcel or shell on a MTO?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post


Totally agree....i appreciate your input. My AE in New Orleans often doesn't carry a ton so that can be problematic, in particular with the more uncommon lasts. Really I am just looking for a ball park idea. I don't scrutinize fit like i once obsessively did.

 

 

No worries - that's just my experience, so again take it for what it's worth. I don't have half sizes to fall back on, so it's probably easier for others to tinker with sizes than it is for me.

 

Yeah, availability can definitely be an issue; though I was under the impression that the 7 was one of the more popular lasts. Good luck! I like my [older, 5-lace-hole] Sanfords, though not nearly as much as any of my balmorals.

post #34437 of 70737
FWIW My shell MTO daltons were 695$ as AE waives the mto fee for SF members. I believe however some were able to purchase MTO shoes for around $505 during the RA sale.
post #34438 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesle7 View Post
 

Fingers crossed for my MTO Eagle County's:

 

*BOURBON CALF
*TONE ON TONE STITCHING
*EXTRA BURNISHING TO TOE AND HEAL
*STANDARD LEATHER INSOLE
*BLACK SPLIT REVERSE WELT
*LEATHER MIDSOLE WITH A MINI LUG OUTSOLE
*LIGHT BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING
*WHEELED EDGE

That is the exact same make up as mine, except I did not get the wheeled edge. Allison advised the wheeled edge might look a bit odd on the reverse welt. I didn't realize I was such a trend setter. Glad I could alert everyone to the Eagle County MTO pricing, and glad everyone is going with the Bourbon like I did. I am kind of disappointed though, cause I truly wanted a one off custom, now others will have them. Oh well, I am happy to share. :)

post #34439 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec123456 View Post

Could someone PM me Allison's email

Ditto. Search function only goes back a couple weeks, it appears.
Thanks in advance!
post #34440 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec123456 View Post
 

Could someone PM me Allison's email

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguyette View Post


Ditto. Search function only goes back a couple weeks, it appears.
Thanks in advance!

 

You can use advanced search to go back as far as a year - artfully constructed regular old Google searches can pull up older posts.  Anyhow, I believe her address is ameyer@allenedmonds.com.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...